Forums Kongregate

New kongregate layout!

30 posts

Flag Post

woot! I refreshed the page and it was all high-tech :P

Flag Post

Well… If stupid blurry webfonts can be called high-tech then it is so…

Flag Post
Originally posted by NecroDemon:

Nothing blurry with me, must be an issue with your computer.

Seems like it won’t sign me into chat though.

Flag Post

Why would they place description and comments below achievements and recommendations? It should be the other way round. I’m not a fan of the typography either, but that’s personal preference.

Flag Post

Chat seems to have outright died, yeah.

And I wanted to talk about securing the recipe for a dark thorn shield in the Spiral Knights chat room I was in, too ;_;

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

Nothing blurry with me, must be an issue with your computer.

Seems like it won’t sign me into chat though.

Here’s an example, tags, bug/flag/block parts still using system (nice) fonts, while other parts of the screenshot and also headers everywhere use those blurry webfonts (it seems that font designers who create them just hate humanity and want to make others’ eyes leaking out :))

Flag Post

Yeah, chat seems to be down for me also.

EDIT: Working now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JayZeeM50one:

Yeah, chat seems to be down for me also.

same

Flag Post
Here’s an example, tags, bug/flag/block parts still using system (nice) fonts, while other parts of the screenshot and also headers everywhere use those blurry webfonts (it seems that font designers who create them just hate humanity and want to make others’ eyes leaking out :))

Yeah it looks way better for me, try adjusting your zoom.

Flag Post

Why was Kongregate down for few minutes? What happened?

Flag Post
Originally posted by XxLittle_StarxX:

Why was Kongregate down for few minutes? What happened?

New game page update.

Flag Post

1) Comments should be in the middle or the left, never on the right when avatars and usernames are on the left (as they always are). The instructions, advertisement and games spotlight module could easily be moved to the right instead, so my question is why did you do it this way?

2) Not only does the Recommended Games box take up too much space before the comments, it also includes Game Spotlight games (and we already have 4 of those on the left). Why aren’t the Game Spotlight games on the right and the comments on the left? Why doesn’t it start on “Other Games By This Developer” instead of recommended games? Why is there ANOTHER paid MMO advertisement in with the recommended games, when we have 4 of those on the side already? All of this seems unintuitive and it should have been changed before the full roll out.

3) The red box with the rating in it looks terrible and it looks like it’s bugged but I know that it’s in that position on purpose.

4) Why did you take away the amount of ratings from the information on a game? I found this information useful as a developer and even looked at it out of curiosity on other games.

Flag Post

I noted a little bug in the new interface, until now if in a game a player have chosen to see “Comments tab” or “Forum Posts tab” the next time the game page get loaded the last choice was saved, now it will always reset to comments, in games that have dedicated a forum is much better to make the setting saved like in the previous interface.

Flag Post

I don’t see anything new about the layout….Could someone show with a screenshot what has changed?

Flag Post
Originally posted by babasolo:

I don’t see anything new about the layout….Could someone show with a screenshot what has changed?

You might have been pert of the split test that had it before.

Flag Post

Flag Post

“XxLittle_StarxX: What is the new layout?

Docter_Ted: Below the game

Docter_Ted: It looks different

DevilBoy: i’ve had that for ages

Docter_Ted: I haventttt

DevilBoy: weird

Docter_Ted: Kong does that sometimes

Docter_Ted: Like when they were testing the new profile layout, they gave it to half the people on kong for feedback

Docter_Ted: I was one of the 50%"

• So I guess some of us have had this “new” layout while others have not? So now it is the same for everyone?

Flag Post
So I guess some of us have had this “new” layout while others have not? So now it is the same for everyone?

Precisely. There was a split-test a while ago.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
So I guess some of us have had this “new” layout while others have not? So now it is the same for everyone?

Precisely. There was a split-test a while ago.

So I was a tester!!! xD Well. Nice. Nothing new to me. Except the quest.

Flag Post

Good luck with the quest. lol :3

Flag Post

i get that sometimes and sometimes wont.

Flag Post

Looks ew to me. The layout is way too inconsistent and confusing.

Flag Post

I didn’t even notice the layout had changed and I don’t even care now that it has.

But I am glad that you guys are paying people to do nothing but tweak style sheets. Keep on truckin’.

Flag Post

It seems a bit ugly and disjointed. Suppose it has to be that way to shift the adverts and game spotlights into our natural sightline.

Not entirely sure what was wrong with the last one, but I suppose if every website stopped fixing things that weren’t broken, the internet would explode.

I’ll no doubt get used to it.