Forums Kongregate

idiot kongregate pop-ups

7 posts

Flag Post

Any reason why there’s a pop up every single time i try to play a game? If i have no antivirus software it seems impossible to play anything because it covers up the whole game window, any suggestions on how to prevent these idiot kong pop-ups?

Flag Post

As far as I know, Kongregate isn’t using invasive popups as an advertising technique. Try scanning your system with an antivirus to see if you have any adware installed.

Flag Post

i do not currently have antivirus, and it is a kong pop-up because it just shows a white screen with three random kong game adverts, pressing the back key brings me back to the game loading, only to have the same problem.

Flag Post

Which web browser are you using? Does it do this from other web browsers as well?

I’d highly recommend you equip your computer with an antivirus program, as this could be malware or a virus.

If the problem persists on the new web browser, please send us a screenshot of the advertisement to support@kongregate.com. We do not support pop-up advertisements though as we feel it ruins the gaming experience (and they’re just plain annoying.)

Flag Post

I have had exactly same issue for about a month now. Title bar still shows normal game page address but game loading appears to be diverted to this popup advert, all with apparently valid kong address links. Seems to occur only on IE. Virus scans run and nothing found (Norton). Screenshot taken and sent as per above post, and help with eliminating this invasive irritant would be welcome.

Flag Post

@alto, when I had norton installed, it would block the pop-up, so maybe you should check if its blocking kong pop ups or not.

And regarding the problem, i found a way around it by clicking the “X” next to the refresh once the chat & game started loading, which seems to stop any pop ups.

Flag Post

I’ve found that no matter what your browser is, which antivirus you have, or how diligently you’ve removed adware, you will get a popup right at a critical point during a difficult badge causing you to blow all your progress ;)