Forums Kongregate

Seeking New Players for New Guild in DotD (locked)

14 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Here you go.

Edit: An admin already told you to go there and locked your thread? Can’t you take a hint?

Flag Post

Still. STOP SPAMMING THE FORUMS. Or no one will join.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gideon101:

I’m not SPAMMING this is the general kong chat which means that it is open to any subject that is deemed appropriate by the mods and admins! Since I was told to put this sort of thing in the forum where it belongs, I will delete this thread and learn to follow instructions more carefully in the future.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Flag Post

This belongs in the correct gaming section.

Flag Post

General rule of thumb: If a moderator or administrator locks a thread, do not repost it.

Flag Post

Then go to General Gaming.

Flag Post

Well how would this be INAPPROPRIATE????

I think what people are worried about is that by allowing your post that this means that every person in a guild in any MMO will start posting here trying to recruit people. There are specific forums for each game.

I do understand wanting to recruit new blood to a game (although will a new player understand the acronym DotD?)

Edit: And as adv0catus mentioned – general gaming or perhaps Off-topic would be a better forum.

Flag Post

But General Gaming is for gaming. Game discussion is not the intent for this forum, that’s why General Gaming exists.

Flag Post

But they locked it for the wrong reason, I have a post in the DotD forum for EXISTING players, this post is for NEW players (those that would not see the post in the DotD forums because they haven’t played it yet) and I want them to be able to respond to my post so that is why I had to repost it.

If you have an issue with a lock, don’t simply take matters into your own hands by reposting. PM an administrator or forum moderator to clarify things. If they’re okay with your thread, they’ll unlock it. If they don’t want it there, you don’t risk annoying them by circumventing their lock.

To PM someone with control over this forum, take a look at the top right of the index:

Flag Post

General community thread.
A contest.
A spam thread.
A community tournament.
A contest.

Vastly different threads.

Flag Post

Let’s see other current posts that are game related
“Post Your Wins”

That’s not game-specific.

“Chronicles of Blood loot challenge”

That’s a Kongregate contest that happened to use a game as its basis. It’s not about the game as much as it is about a real world prize contest.

“All Newest Kongregate Games”

That thread was locked. It does not belong.

“SilentSand’s RapidFire Rapid Fire tournament.[Round 4. LASERTIME

That is one of a series of community-based contests, which are limited by rules to prevent spammy clutter.

“[Contest] Aliens vs. Colonial Marines Quest (Colonial Marines Win!)”

This was another official Kongregate event, which affects accounts across multiple games. It’s not a single game-specific event.

Flag Post

All about games and as I stated before it

Kongregate forum
Talk about anything related to Kongregate.

That doesn’t say anything but games, it says just plain anything.

Right. Kongregate is the catch-all, but when there’s topic-specific forums that the thread directly applies to, you make the thread there.

Flag Post

We’d prefer this stayed in the DotD forum. Thank you.