Forums Kongregate

Guidelines? (locked)

25 posts

Flag Post

The Conduct Guidelines apply to every part of the site, so they’re the general guidelines you should follow anywhere really.

Flag Post

The common sense part of your brain, and by listening to other people.

Flag Post

It’s like multiple choice, chose the best place to post it, if it is about a game that as its own forum, use that. If the game does not have its own forum, use General Gaming or the Multiplayer Game forum.

Edit because of new post above: most people who go in this forum are not really interested in playing a specific game over and over for guild things. Best to post in the game’s forum.

Flag Post

For the 4th time: post it in General Gaming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gideon101:

So then could someone please answer the simple question of how do I invite someone that only reads this forum?

You don’t. People don’t come here to read adverts for guilds/Roblox/etc, so there isn’t an available function for those things to be advertised to them.

Not ideal for you or for other guild owners, but if it was allowed the whole forum would be flooded with such things and no fun at all for anyone else.

Flag Post

That’s fine that you were suggested to post here. But the first locked thread. Then the second. Then the third. They all should have been hints that this isn’t the right place to post. As I said a few minutes ago, youve been told 4 times already where to post.

For the 5th: General Gaming.

Flag Post

Actually, most guilds won’t let you in until you are a certain level which is why I’m trying to reach out to new players so that they can get help from the beginning.

Thing is, you won’t get many players here, maybe 1 if you are lucky. Best place is the game’s forum and chat.

Flag Post

Discuss Games Here

Flag Post

I did, already. It’s a catch all, for topics that don’t fit into a specific forum. If a thread fits in with the subject matter of a specific forum, then the thread goes there. Otherwise, there’s be absolute chaos, since all the threads on the site would be centralized in 3 locations (Kongregate, Game Programming and Off Topic) and it would be way too difficult to manage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I did, already. It’s a catch all, for topics that don’t fit into a specific forum. If a thread fits in with the subject matter of a specific forum, then the thread goes there. Otherwise, there’s be absolute chaos, since all the threads on the site would be centralized in 3 locations (Kongregate, Game Programming and Off Topic) and it would be way too difficult to manage.

Adding on, the Kongregate forum is generally focuses on site functionality, the users, announcements, and miscellaneous, but it generally doesn’t focus on specific games.

To create threads on specific games, go here.

Flag Post

The game Dawn of the Dragons has the actual game forum underneath the game, so new players who are enjoying the game are more likely to see the Dawn of the Dragons forum (and your guild post) than they would on this forum.

We’re not trying to say you can’t help out the community, we want that, we just want it done in the right place. We have an organization to the forums that we’d like to keep, and as you can see, it can cause a bit of a mess if it’s not adhered to. That’s why I posted in your first thread that your advertisement would be better suited for the DotD forum. I hoped it was understandable enough and wouldn’t warrant five more threads.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

The game Dawn of the Dragons has the actual game forum underneath the game, so new players who are enjoying the game are more likely to see the Dawn of the Dragons forum (and your guild post) than they would on this forum.

We’re not trying to say you can’t help out the community, we want that, we just want it done in the right place. We have an organization to the forums that we’d like to keep, and as you can see, it can cause a bit of a mess if it’s not adhered to. That’s why I posted in your first thread that your advertisement would be better suited for the DotD forum. I hoped it was understandable enough and wouldn’t warrant five more threads.

And as I previously posted I had already posted there, I was trying to help those that had not joined DotD yet. I was trying to help them right from the start as many new players do not always see every forum thread.

The only reason my posts caused a problem and upset the delicate balance is because others chose to make it a problem. If everyone that was not interested had just ignored it then there would not have been a problem.

A big part of the problem is that you are so focused on pinning the blame elsewhere instead of realizing that you are being disruptive. It’s not a matter of everyone else “choosing to make it a problem.”

Flag Post

I agree with gideon, you are all to blame for seeing his thread and then CAPITALIZING, I mean, CHOOSING to read it and then responding to it! It’s your fault that this thread exists in the wrong forum, and it’s your fault that the rules are wrong and should be changed.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Flag Post

mock, YEAH, ing, YEAH, bird, YEAH, yeah, YEAH.

I like how you put quotation marks around rules. It makes me think of this guy.

Flag Post

mocking doesn’t work on me…I looked at the “rules” and no where does it say that my thread could not be posted in this forum

It also says “Don’t be a jerk.”

I’m pretty sure making 5 threads and relentlessly arguing about it with everyone about it is slightly jerkish.

Maybe that’s just my Liberal ways, though.

Flag Post

Well, to be fair, you did say “no good deed goes unpunished” in reference to making a thread advertising your guild in an MMO. Depending on dialect, that can also mean “please make fun of me right now”. People do see where you’re coming from, I think it’s you who is failing to grasp any aspect of the other side of the argument.

Flag Post

We initiatially started replying to explain to you how thi he worked, to help you.

Also, isn’t the first thread being locked and Zshadow saying to post in a different forum (linking to it and doesn’t that imply the current forum is wrong) mean anything to you?

Flag Post

Thats why you don’t make a new guild. Too hard to get members.

Flag Post

Yes. Enjoy your wasted 25,000 gold.

Flag Post

No, not really. I’m pretty confident you can find people in the General Gaming section that have t played the game you’re talking about and/or aren’t in a guild. It is General Gaming, after all.

If you’re so convinced you won’t find anyone, though, how about this: make a thread and wait a week and if you find no one, you can come back and tell us all how we’re horrible wrong. Okay?

Flag Post

yeah the other 1 billion will certainly be lonely without it

I highly doubt you have that much. I am level 505 and the most I’ve had at a time was like 300M

Flag Post

Dude I don’t see how you’re not banned. You’ve broken the same rule (3 times now) and still don’t read.

Flag Post

It never hurts to try.
bq. Anyway, I will not put it back up in this forum since everyone has to make a federal case out of it, still don’t understand why people couldn’t just ignore it if they didn’t like it, it wasn’t harming anyone
Yes it does, as that had nothing to do with the site.

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

Well, this thread has already served it’s purpose and I can see now it’s only going to go downhill…

Many of us have already given you an answer. If you are not satisfied with that answer, I’m sorry, but that just how we’d like things to be done. If you have any further questions/complaints though, you can message me privately or send an e-mail to support@kongregate.com.