Forums Kongregate

Quick Question

10 posts

Flag Post

Have a half-finished alpha of a game in Unity; do intend to keep working on it, but want a version hosted somewhere soon (both to be public about what I’m currently working on and to get alpha feedback); Would it be a good idea to host here, assume it’s going to get rated 2-3 or lower and see the feedback? (It’s a non-euclidean maze game; only one level works and the art is…pretty shit; better than half of Sarah’s run; but still only placeholder atm.) Or should I post it somewhere else? Where? …yea.

Flag Post

I think it’s a great idea to upload your game here for the feedback, and the rating won’t really matter if you plan to upload a newer version later. You could add “WIP” (Work In Progress) to your game title so that people know it isn’t finished, and I think you’ll find many people in the community ready to give you constructive feedback. Just make sure to upload the full game as a separate game so that the rating doesn’t apply, and you can easily ask for the first version to be unpublished if you don’t want it on your profile anymore.

If you include a link to your game here, you may find quite a few helpful members of the community willing to play your game and give you feedback since you are clearly not here just advertising/spamming and you seem like a genuine person.

Flag Post

You can always upload it to a sharing site like fastSWF (self-promotion here, but it’ll do the job without being slow or breaking on you) and link it to some friends for some comments. Maybe even put up a thread in the Game Design forum to get some feedback too.

Flag Post

Can you upload Unity games to fastSWF? :|
I was going to recommend it, but I didn’t think it was possible.

Edit: @ Bob – Well, that’s amazing! I thought it was only for SWFs, and also that game looks really cool. Is it by a developer on Kong?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moshdef:

Can you upload Unity games to fastSWF? :|
I was going to recommend it, but I didn’t think it was possible.

Yup :^)
See here for example.

Flag Post

On some levels; I’m just rushing it out because I want to be able to link it as some of my work for portfolios; etc. (one of the internships I’m trying to apply for has an applications deadline tomorrow; so, yea) Trying to finish the scoring system on the single existing level and have a version up to test soon. At that point; it will be done, EXCEPT for the random level generation; more art (only the cave theme is semi-done and it’s not as pretty as it could be), easter eggs, etc. Really is just a puzzle game though.

Flag Post

Oh and it has no sound effects or music at this time either that’s on the “to do” column.

Flag Post

Use the edit post button next time please

Flag Post

Well, I got up the nerve and did it: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Lord_Lucien/archimedes-labyrinth-wip

Flag Post

It looks really promising! I don’t think I could tell you much that you don’t already know, but I would say:

- I’m not sure if it’s just me, but the cursor/aim seems to be off-center by quite a bit to the right.
- the tunnels need to be slightly bigger so that you don’t get stuck on them so much.
- something could definitely be done about the textures so that you can really see where a corner/turn is in a tunnel. They are pretty good now but sometimes it’s still very unclear and it just looks like you’re running into a wall.
- you should have to press a key to open doors.
- the darkness in front of you should be layers of semi-transparent black instead of just a black wall.

I know it’s very early and I’m sure these are all things you are perfectly aware of, but that’s all I’ve really got! I think it looks really cool and depending on what the gameplay is really like once the game gets going I think it could be great.