Forums Kongregate

How do you get sponsored by Kongregate

11 posts

Flag Post

I worked on a game for just over 4 months and then had an additional month of testing with friends and family. The result is a pretty fun a polished rouge-like platformer. However when I have tried (on more than one occasion) to send an email to Kongregate at ‘sponsor@kongregate.com’ with a description of my game, sample trial version to kognregate and mention how I could implement their API but I am unable to even get a response that my game has been viewed. It’s really of disheartening to not know if the game has even been seen by anyone.

I would normally be happy to simply post it but I am worried that it would just sucked in the abyss of the ‘new games’ page and maybe get played by 300 people if I’m lucky. I think game really deserves and could get a lot more plays with some proper recognition.

I am wondering how games get noticed by Kongregate. How do people get in contact with Kongregate (as in an actual response) and what is done/required to get a game to the front page?

Flag Post

You could try discussing it directly with a Kongregate administrator here.

Flag Post

Dont rely on Kong to sponsor it – they tend to look to sponsor the biggest, exceptionally high quality games. Show it to other potential sponsors and put it on FGL.com instead.

Flag Post

The game might need more polishing. It could do with it. Mainly graphics.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

Dont rely on Kong to sponsor it – they tend to look to sponsor the biggest, exceptionally high quality games. Show it to other potential sponsors and put it on FGL.com instead.

Yeah, like Nerdook, sure…

Flag Post
Originally posted by evan999333:

I would normally be happy to simply post it but I am worried that it would just sucked in the abyss of the ‘new games’ page and maybe get played by 300 people if I’m lucky. I think game really deserves and could get a lot more plays with some proper recognition.

Don’t worry, I have been on gamesites like Kong, NG, armorgames etc for a good 9 years now. IF your game is good that won’t happen. You don’t need to “promote” a good game. A good game will always stand out and will get plenty of plays. There are so many people who play games, like me I browse through the new games and 95+% is just trash, so that’s 2 mins wasted and low score of course. But every now and then I find a gem a game that is really good. but not once have i seen a really good game that was “overlooked”. It always ends up having great score and many comments, plays, etc.

If you fear your game will land in the abyss it means you are not confident of your game. It doesn’t happen to good games, period. If your games is only mediocre or let alone bad sure… it will go away but that’s the whole point of it. we want good games, and those WILL get recognition.

So, post it and let us play. if it sux or is mediocre well…. try harder next time. if its good it will get a lot of recognition by the very nature.

Flag Post

Releasing an unsponsored game will mean he misses out on a decent amount of money if the game is any good. Besides, what Kong players consider “good” isn’t necessarily what is good, or what does well on other sites.

Flag Post

but not once have i seen a really good game that was “overlooked”.

I’ve seen dozens of them. Some of them I’ve favorited, others I only played once and have long since forgotten about them.

I don’t actively look for them anymore (as I don’t have the time), but I mainly discover them now through tournaments. Every time I see a good game being used in a tournament for the first time, I wonder “How does this only have 2,000 plays?”

But that’s the nature of the beast. If you’re not a popular developer, you don’t get noticed. The only way to change that… is to become popular. Don’t ask me how to go about doing that, however.

Flag Post

^ feel free to name some. I will look at their scores, gameplays and how good they are.
Even before knowing which games you talk about I can GUARANTEE on of the following: the game is mediocre at best, case closed OR the game is indeed good and was NOT overlooked. Again, feel free to name the games.

Flag Post

I thought recoil was pretty good: http://www.kongregate.com/games/mirosurabu/recoil-1-3-noobs-edition

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

but not once have i seen a really good game that was “overlooked”.

I’ve seen dozens of them. Some of them I’ve favorited, others I only played once and have long since forgotten about them.

I don’t actively look for them anymore (as I don’t have the time), but I mainly discover them now through tournaments. Every time I see a good game being used in a tournament for the first time, I wonder “How does this only have 2,000 plays?”

But that’s the nature of the beast. If you’re not a popular developer, you don’t get noticed. The only way to change that… is to become popular. Don’t ask me how to go about doing that, however.

I’ve seen a couple.

2 rather overlooked ones IMO are Tiny Tanks [fairly polished and fun, definitely deserves a bit more].

And especially, especially Warmage Battlegrounds.

Warmage at 3.6 rating is a joke, it deserves 4.5~ IMO, or at least 4+. Try it.