Forums Kongregate

Escape

7 posts

Flag Post

The game escape is way too annoying with the random set-up it gives. I can not get the hard badge (or above 170m for that matter anymore) due to impossible jumps where the laser is right below me and the spike is too big. This normally happens near 170m and this game does need to get that fixed.

Flag Post

You should post comments such as these in General Gaming or on the game’s comment page itself.

Flag Post

It’s not a problem with the game – keep practicing! Remember you can modify the speed of your jumps based on how long you hold the jump key, and you can climb the walls faster if you time your jumps to chain one after another. Once you get the hang of those tricks, more of the jumps are possible :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:

The game escape is way too annoying with the random set-up it gives. I can not get the hard badge (or above 170m for that matter anymore) due to impossible jumps where the laser is right below me and the spike is too big. This normally happens near 170m and this game does need to get that fixed.

And that explains why a ton of people have the hard badge? In fact, the ESCAPE Hard badge is considered easy by a ton of people.

Originally posted by saybox:

It’s not a problem with the game – keep practicing! Remember you can modify the speed of your jumps based on how long you hold the jump key, and you can climb the walls faster if you time your jumps to chain one after another. Once you get the hang of those tricks, more of the jumps are possible :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:

And that explains why a ton of people have the hard badge? In fact, the ESCAPE Hard badge is considered easy by a ton of people.

Originally posted by saybox:

How am I meant to get it if I have to slow down for a jump (or I will die) and than make it pass an impossible jump with my speed.

Flag Post

Situations only become impossible if you let them be. You have to keep your speed up to the right level and know when you are able to make a jump above the spikes by holding longer, or when you have to make a shorter jump. Chaining jumps in quick succession gains you speed much quicker (doing it off the start can get you to 100m in a very short time, then it’s just a matter of paying attention enough), and make a lot more of the jumps more easily achievable.

I just went to try the game out again, haven’t played it [the browser version] in a few months, and this was on my third try:

So no, it’s not impossible, nor does it need to be made any easier.

EDIT @below: I think it’s because I had to go through the mobile version recently, and since I find mobile to be harder, it made it much simpler to go back to the normal one.

Flag Post

Yea, but you are a beast-machine, 123 :-P