Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Recently played games changes

19 posts

Flag Post

Just a small change with today’s deploy. If you go view your recently played games, you’ll now see a favorite button on that page. You’ll be able to rate and favorite games on that page.

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Add favoriting to recently played games
  • Fixed a spotlight issue with IE compatibility mode and the game page

Flag Post

I cannot complain. Other however will.

Flag Post

Nooooooo! I can’t believe this!! Are you guys serious! Revert now or I’ll leave Kongregate forever and go on an angry rampage through the streets!

Flag Post

Spam spam spam, rating spam. Durududuuu, duruduuduu… ♪♫
Even though I like it, I’ll probably never use that page.

Flag Post

It actually sucks. Makes the page just a little more bulky. I avoid the main page whenever possible, and go directly to recently played.

There are many games that I will play obsessively for a day or two (or longer) before never playing again. So yes, I want to find them on my recently played list. I do not want to favorite them.

Just another UNNEEDED and annoying change from Kong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazeodori:

It actually sucks. Makes the page just a little more bulky. I avoid the main page whenever possible, and go directly to recently played.

No it doesn’t, the page is the same size, now they’re just utilizing the empty space that was below the rating stars.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazeodori:

There are many games that I will play obsessively for a day or two (or longer) before never playing again. So yes, I want to find them on my recently played list. I do not want to favorite them.

Just another UNNEEDED and annoying change from Kong.

Kudos good sir/maam for actually coming up with realistic complaints / outrage. That is top-notch trolling indeed :D

Flag Post

Was there a big demand for this feature? Why won’t you guys invest time into features that have been asked for since basically forever?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HolyLasagna:

Was there a big demand for this feature? Why won’t you guys invest time into features that have been asked for since basically forever?

For the one millionth time, a vocal minority doesn’t necessarily know what is best for the site.

Flag Post

Wait, what? Why are people complaining?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Wait, what? Why are people complaining?

Because they fixed something for IE users, instead of politely asking them to switch to another browser.

Nice little feature addition, I can see myself possibly using it in the future.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

For the one millionth time, a vocal minority doesn’t necessarily know what is best for the site.

Neither do a group of programmers. They either hear the vocal “minority” (majority of REGULAR users (those that matter), minority of all users) or they hear fucking nobody. I’m pretty sure that listening to the thousands of users that spend 20 hours a day playing games and actually using the website is better than listening to a group of people who spend most of their time coding. They might know what’s easier to code into the website and what’s not, but they should totally focus their time on bug fixes (like they do) and highly-requested features (like they don’t).

Flag Post

…and just because a majority of users want something, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to give it to them, no matter how easy/hard it is to implement.

Flag Post

You guys keep spouting statements as universal truths without explaining your reasoning behind it (AKA without a single argument).

Flag Post

Seriously? You’re complaining about a feature addition that has no downside. Adding a single button is useful and probably cost the developers very little in “invested time”. The only reason you assume it cost them time is because they made a forum post about it. If they didn’t, you wouldn’t even have noticed.

By the way, I assume the highly requested feature you’re talking about is raising the level cap. It’s been discussed elsewhere why they haven’t done this yet. It’s not a matter of time or work necessary, it’s a management decision on whether a level cap change would really benefit players or alienate them.

Flag Post

Revert this change now! What a waste of mooooooney! Impeach Obama! I believe that Kongregate should impose a 5 year moratorium on all changes! This sucks! You suck! Listen to the people! Power to the people! All changes should be subject to a referendum, including minor changes and bug fixes!

Flag Post

If they didn’t, you wouldn’t even have noticed.

Problem is: People are arguing against good features because “it MIGHT take a lot of time”. How about the Admins focus on these features first, and then add features that PEOPLE WOULDN’T EVEN NOTICE (according to you)?

By the way, I assume the highly requested feature you’re talking about is raising the level cap.

Nope. Big leaderboards, update the rating system (so you can’t abuse it massively), do something about the levels, etc. Those are the most important stuff, since what almost all regular users (those who actually matter) care a LOT about levels, points, and badges. I say this from 5,5 years of chat experience.

Flag Post

You guys keep spouting statements as universal truths without explaining your reasoning behind it (AKA without a single argument).

I think the problem is that you mistook this as an “argument” thread instead of what it actually is: a Kongregate announcement which I really enjoy when joe posts them.
I think it’s nice of him to let us so easily know by means of a thread in the Kongregate forum.

If you want to argue go to SD or OT. (I use the term “argue” loosely here, too)