Forums Kongregate

Cloud Data (locked)

10 posts

Flag Post

Cloud Saves.

*waiting for adv0catus to post so I can ninja*

EDIT Booooo

Flag Post

1MB isn’t nearly enough for all of your game data, so I’m assuming you’re suggesting the ability to substitute certain games in and out. If that’s the case, it’d be just as easy to sub the game data in and out of a dropbox to get it on another computer, and that way doesn’t cost Kongregate any additional server space. It’s still possible, but since there are easy enough ways around storing and transferring that amount of data, I can’t see that happening. And to allow for storage of all data is also out of the question, I have ~20MB of game data from Kongregate, so that amount for every user is quite a significant amount.

Flag Post
I’ve been slacking really bad the last month or two.

Flag Post

cloud? now this is a wheter forecast?

Flag Post

i love cloud on xbox.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

i love cloud on xbox.

Have you ever wondered why the membership prices were increased, it was so they could pay for the cloud service. The service is great, but having it on Kongregate would be costly.

Flag Post

While I do love cloud services and memory sticks where I can store my flash game data, it’s a terrible hassle to put all your files into right locations after you’ve opened your cloud/memory stick

Having Kongregate integrated cloud service that would automatically allocate your stored save files would be superb. It would save so much effort when e.g playing at public computer where you might not even have a chance to access your files nor transfer them from the cloud service

I understand; Server space costs and we should pay for cloud storage. Why not to add it as part of K+ ?
If K+ had Kongregate integrated cloud service for your flash game files, I would buy it again without a question

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

While I do love cloud services and memory sticks where I can store my flash game data, it’s a terrible hassle to put all your files into right locations after you’ve opened your cloud/memory stick

Having Kongregate integrated cloud service that would automatically allocate your stored save files would be superb. It would save so much effort when e.g playing at public computer where you might not even have a chance to access your files nor transfer them from the cloud service

I understand; Server space costs and we should pay for cloud storage. Why not to add it as part of K+ ?
If K+ had Kongregate integrated cloud service for your flash game files, I would buy it again without a question

I 100% agree. I’d be much more tempted to renew my Kong+ (worth $30) if Cloud Service was added.

Flag Post

Oh yes, I love cloud, especially Amazon’s. All it takes is one server to crash and suddenly half Kong games with multiplayer component are no longer available.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:

Oh yes, I love cloud, especially Amazon’s. All it takes is one server to crash and suddenly half Kong games with multiplayer component are no longer available.

Multiplayer games already use their own servers, this is more talking about single player game data being stored on a Kongregate server so you could use it from anywhere. Still the potential for a crash, but I guess that’s a risk some are willing to take. If you could also manually pull data off of it and put it on, then you could save copies locally, which would bean no real risk, so that’d be the ideal way to do this, if it happened.