Forums Kongregate

Whats are levels for?

12 posts

Flag Post

I am new to Kongregate, and I am not sure what the levels do for me. I have begun leveling up, but I am unsure what that does for me…. Would someone please let me know?

Flag Post

Levels are just a number and don’t really mean anything. Every so often there are large beta tests where users that have reached a certain level can participate in, but that’s pretty much it as far as perks go.

Flag Post

Thank you, at least now I know

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

bonuses in games.

If developers can access a player’s level in-game, this would actually be an amazing idea. I’d love to give players bonuses for having a higher level. Maybe I’ll ask Senekis for some of his Badge Master wisdom.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moshdef:
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

bonuses in games.

If developers can access a player’s level in-game, this would actually be an amazing idea.

JSON API user_info:

user_vars: An object which contains user-specific variables-
    level: An integer representing the user’s level
    avatar_url: URL to the user’s full-sized avatar
    chat_avatar_url: URL to the user’s chat-sized (small) avatar
    game_title: Title of the game the user is playing
    game_url: URL of the game the user is playing
    developer: true if the user is a developer
    moderator: true if the user is a moderator
    admin: true if the user is an administrator

They’ve actually updated the user_vars to include points in addition to the level. For instance, this is your public information:
http://www.kongregate.com/api/user_info.json?username=Moshdef

Flag Post

Kongregate should make a game where your level on Kongregate is the level in the game. Game should be an open exploration, fighter, puzzle, multiplayer and strategy game.(idk)

Flag Post

for bragging rights

Flag Post

They’re fun to look at and what you’ve achieved and you can show it to people in the chat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oatlol:

Kongregate should make a game where your level on Kongregate is the level in the game. Game should be an open exploration, fighter, puzzle, multiplayer and strategy game.(idk)

Even just an RPG would be fun. And being able to recruit people on your friends’ list who would be that level, too. Maybe even find a way that you could only add them if they are on your friends’ list AND you are on theirs to prevent everyone from adding jayisgames just for high leveled people =P

Flag Post

Thank you very much for the information IceWeasel, and thanks to everybody else for the idea too! If it really is that easy to detect a player’s information, I’d love to add bonuses to all of my future games. I’m going to test this right now in Just Trolling.

Flag Post

Obviously, levels are a part of Kongregate’s secret plans for world conquest; in particular Kongregate recruits people who make forum posts about the purpose of levels for secret shadowy purposes.

Or they could just mean nothing.