Forums Kongregate

Synecdoche, Kongregate [Tournament] Fin. Winner is BestMte page 56

1498 posts

Flag Post

The scores are kind of public already, only those who ninja can keep them hidden.

Ouch at my death count

Going to let other people optimize for a while

1: 2078
2: 2078
3: 2078
4: 3497
5: 3365
6: 3365
7: 2501
8: 3959
9: 3893
10: 3959
11: 6006
12: 8844
13: 28941
14: 4025
15: 5544
16: 12143
17: 10164
18: 5379
19: 4157
20: 3662
21: 7062
22: 3596
23: 11813
24: 11714
25: 8415
26: 9438
27: 3992
28: 4157
29: 4520
30: 40029

Flag Post

7: 2501

2507*

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

This game is seriously overlooked. It’s like a mix of Jelly escape/g-shift gameplay and Time Kufc graphics. Sad to see games like this fly under the radar. Also, Kragnir, I’m disappointed in that 2/5. I see Ben likes it at least :3

Flag Post

It’s actually good to see games like this fly under the radar so they can be used in tournaments like these.
Song of the day
212 by Azealia Banks. Because.
Clew Explanation: y = year = year of release = 2011

Correct answers were received from:
Team Teletubbies
Team DOOOOOM
Team WAMMER
Team X
White Tigers
The Super Mortal Enemies

Clue for tomorrow’s song is:
You have about 24 hoursish.

Bonus Question #2. Why are all the songs released 2006 or later?
The answer is right up there at the top of the page, and in fact all around you. This is Synecdoche, Kongregate. A little mini-kong. Kongregate was founded in 2006. No-one got this correct.

Flag Post

DAMMIT MAIST I POSTED IT IN THE SPREADSHEET AND TOLD YOU TO PM HIM YOU BETRAYED MY TRUST MAISTLINNN I AM NOW ULTRA MORTAL ENEMIES!

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShawnerSSS:

DAMMIT MAIST I POSTED IT IN THE SPREADSHEET AND TOLD YOU TO PM HIM YOU BETRAYED MY TRUST MAISTLINNN I AM NOW ULTRA MORTAL ENEMIES!

Shawner is close to evolution. 5 More levels until Master Mortal Enemies.

Flag Post

Round 5 Game 3

Vector Conflict: The Seige
Apologies to those who’ve played this before, and also to those who haven’t. You want to get the highest score you can in survival, and post a screenshot like this:

Have the high scores & username visible as usual.
And also record your best run and pm both me and SilentSand the video.
Oh, and you guys all know that you can post your Super Hexagon scores now, and provide the video later, right? It’s been two whole days and no scores. This makes Lou sad.

The deadline is 5am Kong time on the 16th of April, or 12 noon GMT on the 16th
For more detailed info, see the schedule

Spreadsheet

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShawnerSSS:

A) We need to PM it to him?
B) Why the hell didn’t you PM him yourself? Don’t blame me. You should have PMed him when you put it in the sheet.

Flag Post

This is how the Beatles broke up too. No-one wants to see your petty bickering, they want to see some SCORES.
Anyway, since no-one else will post any damn scores, I’ll do it myself.
This is Super Hexagon, normal modes:

and hyper modes:

Note that Maist & Cirp have not added me back, so I can’t see their scores. This is hardly surprising since both have a history of ninjaing. Oh and Atom’s Wit & LouWeed are both me. It’s a long story, but I had to make two accounts to purchase all the prizes, because of some weird error. And the Vanilla Coke guy, he’s just this guy, you know?

Flag Post

You stole all my secrets Lou, giving the chance to Cirp and Maist to stay in the shadow =P You hate me so much, btw I’ll post the only game in which I have the vid.

Flag Post

Vector Conflict. LOLLLLL. Have fun.

Flag Post

Boo I wanted to add Cirp on steam :3

edit: I can vouch for maist, unless he’s on an alt steam account.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Note that Maist & Cirp have not added me back, so I can’t see their scores. This is hardly surprising since both have a history of ninjaing.

A) I have a history of ninjaing?
B) I haven’t added you back because I haven’t even logged onto Steam yet.

Flag Post

A) A couple of pages back, surprised you forgot already
B) Yeah I know, neither has Cirp. This is my way of prodding you guys into action

Flag Post

Well I’m glad I didn’t make an attempt at redemption.
Super Hexagon #nope
Vector Conflict #nope
I suck at them omggggggg

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

Super Hexagon #nope
Vector Conflict #nope
I suck at them omggggggg

>:(

Edit: Well this is rather annoying/unexpected. Hyper modes turn into other hyper modes after 120s… :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

Super Hexagon #nope
Vector Conflict #nope
I suck at them omggggggg

>:(

Edit: Well this is rather annoying/unexpected. Hyper modes turn into other hyper modes after 120s… :/

The real point is, how much are hypermodes infiniwhorable? End Game is quite easy and getting there it’s really easy too in the last two modes, that’s why, since we are in a final, the hardest mode (Hyper Hexagon) should be the one used.

Flag Post

The thing with infiniwhorability is that even with the skill (there’s some skill to be able to reach that point) to infiniwhore, it’s still fair to use since it is a good test of endurance. It’s not only endurance though. I’m just throwing a number out there, but say every 120 seconds, the types of obstacles and sensitivity changes. It is pretty difficult to be able to adapt and change the muscle memory to change movement patterns, especially given when the player possibly has been playing one mode for an extended amount of time, to throw them into a quick change into a mode with other obstacles and sensitivity can be disorienting. I’m not sure on the sensitivity, but I have noticed a different feel of play between hyper hexagoner and hyper hexagonest. The latter feels much jerkier, as well as Hexagonest compared to Hexagon and Hexagoner.

Also, has anyone gotten a blur of indistinguishable wall colors at 60 seconds? It’s rather annoying :3

Flag Post

A few improvements
4 3431
5 3332
6 3332
7 2441
11 5643
12 7590
13 23397
16 9207
21 5610
23 10362
26 8415
28 3992
29 3992
30 29304

Took a screenshot from the video forgot to take one when I completed the level.

Flag Post

I meant this: My score in HHexagon is half of my score in HHexagonest, though I played Hexagonest much less than HHexagon.

Flag Post

By your logic, Best, you should all play only Hexagon (you go to Hyper Hexagon after 60 seconds there, right? So it’s 60 more seconds from the end game…)

Really, it all depends on what Lou was trying to do with this game. However the fact that he didn’t notice that after you beat the game it becomes much easier probably makes the game have a role much different than the intended one on this final.

Flag Post

look, I don’t mind if it’s endurancy for a tiny, tiny subset of gamers with mad skills, because catering to these gamers is very difficult. I also don’t think it’s that endurancy (prove me wrong, by breaking 1000s, this goes for you too Lebossle). The main point of the game is to be fun and fair, and I think it does this. If your concern is ninjas, then you’re far safer from ninjas having 3 game modes as opposed to just one. I am very unlikely to change the requirements for Super Hexagon.

Song of the day
We Carry On by Portishead from Third. This is the sound of the blood pounding in your ears at 4am
Clew Explanation: derp

Correct answers were received from:
Team Teletubbies
Team DOOOOOM

Team X
White Tigers
The Super Mortal Enemies

Clue for tomorrow’s song is: ‘Overseeing e.g. Belerophon or Osiris’. You have about 24 hoursish.

Flag Post

Round 5 Game 4

Space Gate
Get the highest score you can in Survival – Hard mode and submit your score. The game mode is important because the scores from all modes all submit to the same mochi high score table. Anyway, take a screenshot,

And also record your best run. Your video must include you selecting the correct game mode from the title screen.
Remember that you only need to submit one video, but you can post as many scores as you like in thread. They will be accepted on faith until the video shows up.
I also recommend using browser zoom for this game, the screen is tiny.
One more game to go. 5 more days.

The deadline is 5am Kong time on the 16th of April, or 12 noon GMT on the 16th

Spreadsheet