Forums Kongregate

New backend update - please post issues here! (locked)

261 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys, we’ve just done a huge backend update to the Kongregate website (finally, some new ants for the treadmills that power Kong’s servers — the old ones really were getting exhausted).

If you’re experiencing issues now that you weren’t having before 10:30 AM PST (basically 30 minutes ago as of this post), then please post in this thread! We’d like to hear if anything is broken; the more details you can give us, the better!

Things that can help us fix the new bugs:

• Operating System (OS), browser, and Flash Player specs. Bonus points for telling us the version numbers!
  • Screenshots of whatever weirdness is occurring.
  • The URL link of the troublesome website page.
  • Any other details you can provide that will help us patch these bugs. The more precise and detailed your report is, the faster we’ll be able to track them down.

Thanks for bearing with us through this transition, and keep on having fun!

Note: If having performance issues, see this

Remember back in November when the entire site was down? If you edited your hosts file then, you will want to undo those changes now.

List of reported issues that we’ve reproduced/are aware of

• Viewing the high scores is temporarily disabled due to a performance problem. Don’t worry, they’re still being recorded, and should be back shortly. (High scores are available to view once more!)
  • Viewing a player’s past game comments works fine for the first page, but is borked after that. (You can stalk someone’s past comments without worrying about “No comment found” errors now! Though the dev responses do look a bit weird on this screen…)
  • Dev tools currently seem borked and, instead of providing a toolbar of various links, instead show an extra instance of the game. We’re aware of this and will fix it soon, sorry for the inconvenience. (Should have this one nailed.)
  • Linking games in chat causes a weird character to appear next to whitespace. (This is fixed. No more mysterious accents!)
  • Quoting a forum post with specific characters, particularly apostrophes and arrow brackets, reverts those characters to raw code. (Fixed as well.)
  • Loading games is taking a bit longer than usual. We’re looking into some performance issues and will hopefully find the culprit soon. (Our team has identified one potential cause, which I have posted above in this post. Let us know if it works for you!)
  • Issue with removing friends leading to a broken page. (I’m not seeing this issue happen on my most recent checkups, should be fixed?)
  • Account verification after reaching a certain Kred purchasing limit doesn’t show country in drop-down box. (I believe this has been fixed as well.)
  • Something with our page settings for game comments broke and it is defaulting to 10 comments per page instead of 50. Rest assured we are going to fix this. (Fixed!)

Flag Post

I’ll definitely keep an eye out. :D

Flag Post

Viewing high scores has been temporarily disabled due to a performance problem – they are still being recorded and saved, so don’t worry. They’ll be back.

Flag Post

I bet that many people will get problems and will not post here, because they just don’t know of this thread.
Anyway, we will definitely keep an eye out. :D

Flag Post

I’ll be sure to let you guys know if I notice anything.

Flag Post

I was wondering why I couldn’t see any highscores and I will keep an eye out, too. :D

Flag Post

A link bug.

Every game link I’ve seen had that  thingy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by radur:

A link bug.

Every game link I’ve seen had that  thingy.

Yep, that’s a bug. Seems to be caused by whitespace.

We’re on it.

Flag Post

I have the same thing.

Flag Post

where is the bug page thingy i got a bug for SAS:zombie assault 3 it apears like a black screen and nothing happens

Flag Post

No scores have been recorded yet for this time period. Set one now to claim the #1 position!

Flag Post

Flash is playing up. Flash has crashed on me from time to time. IDK if this is the latest version, or something else.

EDIT: and this ofcourse:

Flag Post

Hey there bob, I got something for ya:
Browser: Chrome
Screenshot:

It seems there is an iframe right bellow Ederon Trading Card Game loading with the game again. Its also not showing any comments or information bellow that second load of the game:

Flag Post

some1 is asking for my pass please ban him he disturbing be during tdp4 look at chat bar

Flag Post
Originally posted by jimgreer:

Viewing high scores has been temporarily disabled due to a performance problem – they are still being recorded and saved, so don’t worry.

Hey everyone! If you want to view the high scores, you can add /high_scores to the end of the game URL! Please note that the forward slash must come immediately after the name of the game. So you may have to delete the ?acomplete=blahblahwafflesblahblah at the end if you searched for the game in the search box. Or the ?tab=achievements, and other additions.

Originally posted by 3picbro:

some1 is asking for my pass please ban him he disturbing be during tdp4 look at chat bar

You should report him by going to his profile and clicking the gear button

then clicking report abuse, and chat behaviour or Other. The forums aren’t for reporting people.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SuperMortalEnemy:
Originally posted by jimgreer:

Viewing high scores has been temporarily disabled due to a performance problem – they are still being recorded and saved, so don’t worry.

Hey everyone! If you want to view the high scores, you can add /high_scores to the end of the game URL! Please note that the forward slash must come immediately after the name of the game. So you may have to delete the ?acomplete=blahblahwafflesblahblah at the end if you searched for the game in the search box. Or the ?tab=achievements, and other additions.

Thanks for the tip man!

Flag Post

Castlot is not loading, it seems. The ad comes up and runs fine but when it finishes/closes, only a gray screen fills the box. Alibaba24, who has not refreshed the game in hours, is still in while it appears no one else can access it. I am using Firefox 19.0 on Win 7.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ideachannel/castlot?acomplete=castlot

FYI, the chat box is working fine. Also a Chrome user is reporting the same “gray screen” issue.

Flag Post

didnt kong chat have an anti spam like last year?

Flag Post

seems chat is not recording keystrokes, i have tried both IE and chrome, i have a microsoft natural keyboard and normaly chat in dream world chat 3. others have said the same thing. if ya get some time could ya look into it? thanks old t41

Flag Post

I tried loading Galaxy Online II, but game screen remained gray. Kongregate’s Chat then gave a link telling me to go here to report bugs.

So far, I’ve tried Galaxy Online II, Legacy of a Thousand Suns, and The Great Siege for today’s BotD. All of them have had EXTREMELY long loading times. And once I was in Galaxy Online and LoTS, in-game controls were very slow or not even responding to my clicks. I’d understand one of them having trouble because it could be just that game, but two separate companies have trouble is making me think the problem is related to Kongregate and not them. Finally, for The Great Siege I can’t even connect to Kongregate chat. I get a message saying “Chat Connection Failed!” in the chat box. Also, as mentioned by a previous poster, I can’t connect to Kongregate’s high score or badge system while in a game screen.

The good news is that any webpage that DOESN’T have games in it is working fine. My Profile is showing badges I’ve collected for example, and forums are working fine. The problem is that since this is a gaming website, not being able to play games or communicate through chat takes away the features I use the most.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, and my browser is Firefox 18.0.2. I hope you guys get this figured out

Flag Post

When looking at my past comments the first page is just fine but when I try viewing the second page I get this.

The same goes for every page after the first.

Windows 7
Firefox 19.0

edit
I also get an error message when trying to remove friends.

Flag Post

Completely incapable of seeing any chat in rooms, I’ve tried multiple rooms and I’ve asked people I know outside of Kong to tell me if there is any activity in the rooms to make sure it’s not just dead but people are chatting, it’s just not showing up for me that they are.

Firefox.

Flag Post

Kongai isn’t loading. Not that this is news, or anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoshinatorKY:

When looking at my past comments the first page is just fine but when I try viewing the second page I get this.

The same goes for every page after the first.

Windows 7
Firefox 19.0

Thanks. We’ll look into this.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator