What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
Hey guys, we’ve just done a huge backend update to the Kongregate website (finally, some new ants for the treadmills that power Kong’s servers — the old ones really were getting exhausted).
If you’re experiencing issues now that you weren’t having before 10:30 AM PST (basically 30 minutes ago as of this post), then please post in this thread! We’d like to hear if anything is broken; the more details you can give us, the better!
Things that can help us fix the new bugs:
- Operating System (OS), browser, and Flash Player specs. Bonus points for telling us the version numbers!
- Screenshots of whatever weirdness is occurring.
- The URL link of the troublesome website page.
- Any other details you can provide that will help us patch these bugs. The more precise and detailed your report is, the faster we’ll be able to track them down.
Thanks for bearing with us through this transition, and keep on having fun!
* * *
### _Note: If having performance issues, see this_
Remember back in November [when the entire site was down](http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/310287-entire-site-down-for-most#posts-6557445)? If you edited your hosts file then, you will want to undo those changes now.
* * *
### _List of reported issues that we’ve reproduced/are aware of_
- ~~Viewing the high scores is temporarily disabled due to a performance problem. Don’t worry, they’re still being recorded, and should be back shortly.~~ (High scores are available to view once more!)
- ~~Viewing a player’s past game comments works fine for the first page, but is borked after that.~~ (You can stalk someone’s past comments without worrying about “No comment found” errors now! Though the dev responses do look a bit weird on this screen…)
- ~~Dev tools currently seem borked and, instead of providing a toolbar of various links, instead show an extra instance of the game. We’re aware of this and will fix it soon, sorry for the inconvenience.~~ (Should have this one nailed.)
- ~~Linking games in chat causes a weird character to appear next to whitespace.~~ (This is fixed. No more mysterious accents!)
- ~~Quoting a forum post with specific characters, particularly apostrophes and arrow brackets, reverts those characters to raw code.~~ (Fixed as well.)
- ~~Loading games is taking a bit longer than usual. We’re looking into some performance issues and will hopefully find the culprit soon.~~ (Our team has identified one potential cause, which I have posted above in this post. Let us know if it works for you!)
- ~~Issue with removing friends leading to a broken page.~~ (I’m not seeing this issue happen on my most recent checkups, should be fixed?)
- ~~Account verification after reaching a certain Kred purchasing limit doesn’t show country in drop-down box.~~ (I believe this has been fixed as well.)
- ~~Something with our page settings for game comments broke and it is defaulting to 10 comments per page instead of 50. Rest assured we are going to fix this.~~ (Fixed!)
Viewing high scores has been temporarily disabled due to a performance problem – they are still being recorded and saved, so don’t worry. They’ll be back.
> *Originally posted by **[radur](/forums/1/topics/327516?page=1#posts-6876434):***
> A link bug.
> Every game link I’ve seen had that Â thingy.
Yep, that’s a bug. Seems to be caused by whitespace.
We’re on it.
Hey there bob, I got something for ya:
OS: Win 7
It seems there is an iframe right bellow **Ederon Trading Card Game** loading with the game again. Its also not showing any comments or information bellow that second load of the game:
> *Originally posted by **[jimgreer](/forums/1/topics/327516?page=1#posts-6876369):***
> Viewing high scores has been temporarily disabled due to a performance problem – they are still being recorded and saved, so don’t worry.
Hey everyone! If you want to view the high scores, you can add /high\_scores to the end of the game URL! Please note that the forward slash must come immediately after the name of the game. So you may have to delete the ?acomplete=blahblahwafflesblahblah at the end if you searched for the game in the search box. Or the ?tab=achievements, and other additions.
> *Originally posted by **[3picbro](/forums/1/topics/327516?page=1#posts-6876548):***
> some1 is asking for my pass please ban him he disturbing be during tdp4 look at chat bar
You should report him by going to his profile and clicking the gear button
then clicking report abuse, and chat behaviour or Other. The forums aren’t for reporting people.
> *Originally posted by **[SuperMortalEnemy](/forums/1/topics/327516?page=1#posts-6876552):***
> > *Originally posted by **[jimgreer](/forums/1/topics/327516?page=1#posts-6876369):***
> > Viewing high scores has been temporarily disabled due to a performance problem &#8211; they are still being recorded and saved, so don&#8217;t worry.
> Hey everyone! If you want to view the high scores, you can add /high\_scores to the end of the game URL! Please note that the forward slash must come immediately after the name of the game. So you may have to delete the ?acomplete=blahblahwafflesblahblah at the end if you searched for the game in the search box. Or the ?tab=achievements, and other additions.
Thanks for the tip man!
Castlot is not loading, it seems. The ad comes up and runs fine but when it finishes/closes, only a gray screen fills the box. Alibaba24, who has not refreshed the game in hours, is still in while it appears no one else can access it. I am using Firefox 19.0 on Win 7.
FYI, the chat box is working fine. Also a Chrome user is reporting the same “gray screen” issue.
seems chat is not recording keystrokes, i have tried both IE and chrome, i have a microsoft natural keyboard and normaly chat in dream world chat 3. others have said the same thing. if ya get some time could ya look into it? thanks old t41
I tried loading Galaxy Online II, but game screen remained gray. Kongregate’s Chat then gave a link telling me to go here to report bugs.
So far, I’ve tried Galaxy Online II, Legacy of a Thousand Suns, and The Great Siege for today’s BotD. All of them have had EXTREMELY long loading times. And once I was in Galaxy Online and LoTS, in-game controls were very slow or not even responding to my clicks. I’d understand one of them having trouble because it could be just that game, but two separate companies have trouble is making me think the problem is related to Kongregate and not them. Finally, for The Great Siege I can’t even connect to Kongregate chat. I get a message saying “Chat Connection Failed!” in the chat box. Also, as mentioned by a previous poster, I can’t connect to Kongregate’s high score or badge system while in a game screen.
The good news is that any webpage that DOESN’T have games in it is working fine. My Profile is showing badges I’ve collected for example, and forums are working fine. The problem is that since this is a gaming website, not being able to play games or communicate through chat takes away the features I use the most.
My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, and my browser is Firefox 18.0.2. I hope you guys get this figured out
When looking at my past comments the first page is just fine but when I try viewing the second page I get this.
The same goes for every page after the first.
I also get an error message when trying to remove friends.
Completely incapable of seeing any chat in rooms, I’ve tried multiple rooms and I’ve asked people I know outside of Kong to tell me if there is any activity in the rooms to make sure it’s not just dead but people are chatting, it’s just not showing up for me that they are.
> *Originally posted by **[JoshinatorKY](/forums/1/topics/327516?page=1#posts-6876589):***
> When looking at my past comments the first page is just fine but when I try viewing the second page I get this.
> The same goes for every page after the first.
> Windows 7
> Firefox 19.0
Thanks. We’ll look into this.