Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New Search Results Page

32 posts

Flag Post

We’ve updated our search results page with this last deploy. If your keyword also matches a tag on the site, we’ll display the tag results also. Here is an example:

EDIT
Also now if you type something in the search field and hit enter, it goes to the search results page vs to the first game listed from the autocomplete results.

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Add tags to search page results
  • Fix escape text on current challenges page
  • Fix remove from favorite link being cut off from user’s favorites page
  • Fix link during the challenge completion awards tab
  • Fix misspelling on missing badges page

Flag Post

Is it to my correct understanding that you put upgrading the search results to a higher priority than you’d put fixing all of the bugs from your most previous update?

Flag Post

I like it. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Storaged:

Is it to my correct understanding that you put upgrading the search results to a higher priority than you’d put fixing all of the bugs from your most previous update?

The probably had it ready before, wouldn’t take much out of their time.

Flag Post

Well, I’m not longer able to search for particular users or posts made by particular users via the Kongregate search system.

Flag Post

Well, I’m not longer able to search for particular users or posts made by particular users via the Kongregate search system.

We’re going to be adding a separate forum search, and I think we’re also planning to add developers to the main search. It’s pretty rare for people to search for regular users.

Flag Post

Why do the games listed while typing in your search remain highlighted even after hovering off of them — it’s a bit annoying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joe1017:

Also now if you type something in the search field and hit enter, it goes to the search results page vs to the first game listed from the autocomplete results.

This is an awesome minor change that I love to see happening.

Flag Post

We’re going to be adding a separate forum search

I am very happy with this.

Flag Post

I love you :)

Flag Post

Users:

• Fix link during the challenge completion awards tab
  • Fix misspelling on missing badges page

Quite possibly the best update group in recent memory. The past 5 or so updates were great, with the exception of the new game page. You’re on a roll.

We’re going to be adding a separate forum search

And also possibly the best future update coming.

Flag Post

Awesome updates, especially the reintroduction of hitting enter just taking you to the search results instead of the first game (I remember when it used to be like that and was changed, glad it was reverted). Also interested to see this new forum search that’s coming around soon, since it’s been something suggested many times before.

Flag Post

Separating the forum and games from each other – That would be great. Anything that lets me hit enter and not go to the first game it thinks I mean, when I wanted a forum post or a selection of games.

Flag Post

Can’t wait for forum search.

Flag Post

How can I search for users now?

Flag Post
Originally posted by graveyard890:

You can just go to any profile page and substitute the name in place of whichever page you went to, it’s much easier to get to an account that way than by searching for it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

You can just go to any profile page and substitute the name in place of whichever page you went to, it’s much easier to get to an account that way than by searching for it.

If you can read html (or ignore it) you can always search for accounts with the url:

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/search?scope=has_username&search={part_of_username_here}

Change any & to the ampersand symbol. (shift 7)

For example, putting Unknown at {part_of_username_here} returns:

Flag Post

liking the new search!

Flag Post
Originally posted by emily_greer:

We’re going to be adding a separate forum search, and I think we’re also planning to add developers to the main search. It’s pretty rare for people to search for regular users.

I search for users quite often..

Flag Post

i want it to show threads too (for a option) because i cant see any

Flag Post
Originally posted by Conquerer95:

Can’t wait for forum search.

It’s gonna be gooood!
Appreciate the updates/news about the updates, Joe.

Flag Post

wow this is so stupid i can only search for games now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

wow this is so stupid i can only search for games now.

Originally posted by emily_greer:

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

If you can read html (or ignore it) you can always search for accounts with the url:

<a href="http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/search?scope=has_username&amp;amp;amp;amp;search={part_of_username_here}" rel="nofollow">http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/search?scope=has_username&amp;amp;amp;amp;search={part_of_username_here}&lt;/a&gt;

Change any &amp;amp;amp; to the ampersand symbol. (shift 7)

For example, putting Unknown at {part_of_username_here} returns:

how would one go about using this with wild cards?