Forums Kongregate

Account Image

9 posts

Flag Post

I feel like I’m the only person that has used a .gif for my image and others should too (if they have not).

Flag Post

You’re not the only one. I’m glad not everyone has animations, because that would clutter up every single forum thread. A few here and there won’t be much of an aesthetic problem, but all over the place? No thanks.

Flag Post

How do you make a .gif image and what is it, animation?

Flag Post

List of animated avatars I can find.

usb_hub
whitethehedgehog
IAmTheCandyman
eProdigy
AdeebNafees
binxiantan
Charms69
racefan12
xxhurricanxx
metallicarules10
ScottyChaos
brainbang
awesomedragon17
abe1325
archersrule
bhc1123
xXGEN
Enchant
AyumiNeeJeimuzu
IIEMILYII
theblackphantom
GBros

Well, basically, you get the point. You aren’t the only one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

How do you make a .gif image and what is it, animation?

Not necessarily. GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) is just an image file format, but doesn’t require animation. It allows small palette images to be compressed without quality loss (whereas a format like JPEG will get progressively worse as the compression is increased). Animation is just one possible reason to use a GIF. It’s more common than other animated image types since the filesize and palette issues are more suited to it. Also, the lossless nature of a GIF means you can create transparent backgrounds with it (by designating a specific color to be invisible) since the palette will not change as it will in a lossy algorithm like JPEG uses.

Flag Post

Also, DemonOfMist, here:

Wikipedia
Google

OP, you may not remember www.myspace.com back when it was the forerunner of FriendFace.com (sic), but it was a horrible collection of animated glittery rainbow animatedy crapy gifs that could slow any browser to a crawl. Yech :-x

Not all GIFs are animated. My avatar is a GIF.

Flag Post

Johanna, I am disappoint. 3:

Flag Post

It’s an avatar by the way.

Flag Post

I was going to use one for my profile pic too, but Kong’s new sizing meant I couldn’t get it to look right, it either looked horrible at profile page size, or a mess at forum size :P