Forums Kongregate

Best gaming website?

16 posts

Flag Post

My expectations are this website is quite possibly the best.

Flag Post

expectations do not equal actuality. You must be a new player. I have had nothing but problems, games being dropped and my current favorite not even logging on, good luck

Flag Post
Originally posted by T1R1L1:

expectations do not equal actuality. You must be a new player. I have had nothing but problems, games being dropped and my current favorite not even logging on, good luck

Sounds more like a personal problem. :p

Haha, I’m always going to go with Kongregate as my favorite.

Flag Post

I can’t really tell which one the best is. I’ve some favorites only:

• Kongregate
• Y8
• Armorgames
• Newgrounds

Flag Post

Kong is the only one I use, and I’ve never liked the competition (AG, NG for example), so this one’s the best for me.

Flag Post

Armorgames has less ads, and it gets more games per week (might be a deception). What keeps me here is the advanced achievement system and the forum, also my 27 lvl account I don’t want to abandon.

Flag Post

I like this site because the layout is clean and chatrooms are awesome.

Flag Post

You’re going to get a really serious bias by asking that here. So I’ll tell you how it goes.

“Kongregate is the best!”

Now go onto Armor games.

“Armor games is the best!”

Try Newgrounds

“Newgrounds is the best!”

It’s not really telling you anything because the particular group you are asking is biased.

Flag Post

Every now and then I float around to the other sites with achievements: Nonoba, AG, NG. The only site that’s managed to really maintain itself as my main gaming site is here on Kongregate though. The real focus on achievements/badges and how organized it all is, as well as the great community always keeps me here.

I could complain a lot about the other sites’ achievement systems, but I’ll keep it brief, mostly because when I type a lot, it gets confusing and unreadable.

AG:

It annoys me so much that if I haven’t been there in a while, I have absolutely no idea which ‘quests’ I have done. there is no indication whatsoever that I have completed them on the quest’s screen, or even a sorting by unearned option, something I am so used to here on Kong. If that’s not sorted out, it will be crazy down the road when there are 1000 quests, you’ve done 800 of them, and have to go through many pages, clicking all the games with quests, to see if you have them.

NG:

The point system is rather obscure. So I can get 500 or so points from some stupid 2 star rated game that is really easy. Or I could play a semi hard game and only get 50 points for beating it. Not to mention there’s also game like Achievement unlocked 2, with over 200 medals that are all worth 5 points. And again, there’s no sorting system for medals; up until just recently, there wasn’t even a page showing games with medals, you had to find them yourself. To make it worse, I always go to the last page of medals because I assume those were the first. One problem here: every time I get around to going back to newgrounds and checking the first page of medals, they are always different. One month it’ll be one game and the next it’ll be another.

tl;dr I’m glad we have Kongregate.

Flag Post

I used to like Armour Games most, but then it took MMOs to front page.

Flag Post

yea this one is one of my favs. I guess but there are so many it can be hard to choose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:

I used to like Armour Games most, but then it took MMOs to front page.

Sounds like Kong didn’t.

Flag Post

Stemplay.net

Flag Post

Kongregate is the most popular flash gaming website, and is very well designed but could really do with arts and sounds 2.0!

Flag Post

Kongregate. No Contest.

Flag Post

I’ve tried MoFunZone.com and that’s ok, but not as good of an achievement system tantamount to Kong