Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Mini update to ads and homepage modules

14 posts

Flag Post

We did an update this morning to some of our less fancy features. First is for the ads before a game is started. We updated the graphic of the close button area. The next is we did an update to the tips pod on the homepage. Only users below level 5 will notice the tips pod.

For developers we fixed a weird routing issue where developers with uppercase letters in their username were having issues replying to game comments.

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Update graphic to pre-game video ads
  • Update to the Kongregate Tips pod on the homepage
  • Fix a spelling error in the cinematic mode signup lightbox

Developers:

• Fixed a routing issue where devs with uppercase letters in their username could not reply to their game comments on the game comments page

Flag Post

Do people not post in these threads anymore?

Flag Post

I guess that’s because it was a mini update. Not really an important update.

Flag Post

I suppose I’d be interested in screenshots but is anyone really sitting around with a screenshot of the old ad close box, thinking “Soon… soon it will be MY day to shine!”

Flag Post

not to mention there seems to be an update just about everyday so ya know.

Flag Post

i like to read them, but rarely post in them

Flag Post

Err. Could you fix the post when your friend levels up. It says Congratulations! [Insert Friend Name Here] has leveled up!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fyrefox:

Err. Could you fix the post when your friend levels up. It says Congratulations! [Insert Friend Name Here] has leveled up!

Where are you seeing this? On the homepage, your profile page or on the community page?

Flag Post

Homepage. The feed.

Flag Post

Can you grab a screenshot? We can’t seem to reproduce this. Also can you let me know what browser and OS you are using and if english isn’t your browser’s default language.

Flag Post

The feed also seems not to count the hard badges now, e. g.
We added 2 badges to Cloudstone, for a total of 20 points. (it’s actually 5 + 15 + 30)
We added 1 badge to FPS-MAN, for a total of 5 points. (it’s actually 5 + 30)
But with no hard badges it’s okay, like
We added 3 badges and 1 challenge to Cat God vs Sun King 2, for a total of 35 points.

Flag Post
Originally posted by j64e:

The feed also seems not to count the hard badges now, e. g.
We added 2 badges to Cloudstone, for a total of 20 points. (it’s actually 5 + 15 + 30)
We added 1 badge to FPS-MAN, for a total of 5 points. (it’s actually 5 + 30)
But with no hard badges it’s okay, like
We added 3 badges and 1 challenge to Cat God vs Sun King 2, for a total of 35 points.

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve bugged this on our end.

Flag Post

And also on a user profile page, cards are sorted from newest to oldest, which is ok, while awards and items are sorted from oldest to newest, which i think it isn’t supposed to be, because it’s some kind of “feed”.