Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Forum Search and More Game Info Hovers

46 posts

Flag Post

We provided a way for you guys to search through our forums again. The search bar on the /forums page now has a search field on it. Unfortunately the results
page doesn’t match our old results look and feel but we’re working on that now.

We also added game info hover to more place for those in the split test. New places include profile pages, /badges and game search result page.

We also fixed the issues on the favorites page.

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Add forum search to /forums pages
  • Update text to kreds lightbox to prevent confusion on how many kreds are still needed to purchase an item
  • Add play later button to the below game section
  • Fix alignment problem on user’s comments page when a dev or admin responds to their game comment
  • Add game hovers to /contests page
  • Add game hovers to profile pages
  • Add game hovers to game search result pages
  • Add game hovers to /badges page
  • Add commas to game hover play counts
  • Fix favorites list showing games in the wrong order
  • Fix issue where remove from favorites link was missing from user’s favorites page

Flag Post

Thanks for the forums search.

While you’re at it:
I’d love if you could add some kind of message to posts that tells me if/when a post was edited last time.
It’s annoying always having to full quote what im referring to because certain users edit and change what they wrote after I answered.

The fix for the kreds lightbox is also something nice, various users were confused and asked about why there weren’t able to buy something, wrongly assuming they had enough Kreds.

Aside from that, thanks for posting these changelogs. Appreciated.

Flag Post

Even the idea of making a forum search is awesome enough.
Thank you.

Edit: Is it me or is the “Submit” button really suddenly obnoxiously huge?

Flag Post

The gamer hovers on the badges page is pretty awesome. Thanks for the updates, joe.

Flag Post

Yaaaaaaaaaaay

also the submit buttn is a bit to big

Flag Post

title runs under the search bar

Flag Post

I can’t say I like the look of it, but thank you soooo much for the search forums button. It would have helped me so much a few weeks ago when I was searching for a certain round of an old tournament.

Flag Post

Finally its about time. Thank you

Flag Post

so many changes, put this site back in beta

Flag Post

…What was wrong with the old search? I could find threads perfectly fine on there…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

…What was wrong with the old search? I could find threads perfectly fine on there…

it was kmixed up with the otrher kong stuff like aart and profiles

Flag Post
Originally posted by Johanna_T:
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

it was kmixed up with the otrher kong stuff like aart and profiles

Personally, I didn’t really run into any of that. But I don’t tend to search for things that could throw that into the mix either.

Flag Post

thanks now i can contunue

but yeah its like the others

also my other plan

A PROFILE SEARCH!

Flag Post

Can you make the search feature have filters?

Flag Post

you guys made me have a little heart attack;

the new script (kongcdn.com) was blocked from noscript and I had to allpow it ^^

Flag Post

I like this but some of it covers the thread name. :P

Flag Post

This happens within threads – ads cover up page numbers.

Flag Post

Excellent change. Good job! Thumbs up for Kongregate today.

Flag Post

Now each game i open will display this :

Is really horrible and i don’t find a way to remove it, we have already a lot of ways to see those list, please remove it from here or at least put id UNDER the games, not over.

Flag Post

I think the mod list should either be reverted to its old style or somehow redone to make it more compact. As you can see, two lines don’t look great.

inb4someonesays"justdemod[insertname]"

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

I think the mod list should either be reverted to its old style or somehow redone to make it more compact. As you can see, two lines don’t look great.

inb4someonesays"justdemod[insertname]"

I agree, two lines don’t cut it.

Flag Post

The results are skewed, at least for results that point to “recent posts” lists.

The post with the “You should know we never release drop rate” comment is the one I was trying to find. It is not in the list of messages in that link, nor is it on the previous or the next page.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ralkkdillon:

This happens within threads – ads cover up page numbers.

what browser and thread are you seeing this on. I wasn’t able to reproduce this on my machine.

Flag Post

Buy Kong Plus for the ads problem.

Really.

I was completely averse of Kong+ and i pleaded of never getting him, after some time Kong gived it to me for free, after trying it i will say that for now on i will update my subscription every year, is worth it.

But the new links to category are up by so little and i already want to burn kong to ashes, i tryed adblock, noscript and some other things but it will always be here.