Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Forum Search and More Game Info Hovers page 2

46 posts

Flag Post

Looks like some massive overlapping issues are happening with this patch.

 
Flag Post

An update to the forums and they didn’t finally add the ForumsKongregate → thingy at the bottom of the page?…

… I’m going to cry now.


Yeah, I’m getting overlapping, too. Solution? Shorter thread titles. I know, I’m a genius. I don’t need royalties or anything.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

An update to the forums and they didn’t finally add the ForumsKongregate → thingy at the bottom of the page?…

… I’m going to cry now.


Yeah, I’m getting overlapping, too. Solution? Shorter thread titles. I know, I’m a genius. I don’t need royalties or anything.

Ooh, there’s an idea. Upon new topic submission, the parser disemvowels all words. Imagine what the forums would look like then! =D

 
Flag Post

Is there any way to adjust the placement of ads to match on both a Forum page and an individual thread.

I’d like the ad to appear above the breadcrumbs, like the top half of this image.

 
Flag Post

The page number is so far to the right. I’m lazy to move my mouse…
Well, I’d rejoice at a search feature, but I might suggest having a thread-specific search as well?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:

Buy Kong Plus for the ads problem.

Really.

I was completely averse of Kong+ and i pleaded of never getting him, after some time Kong gived it to me for free, after trying it i will say that for now on i will update my subscription every year, is worth it.

But the new links to category are up by so little and i already want to burn kong to ashes, i tryed adblock, noscript and some other things but it will always be here.

 
Flag Post

Yeah, great forum update, but I have two things I’m gonna whine about:

1) The thread titles. Seriously, do something. It looks so annoying when it goes below the search. (And especially when I’m used of using pretty long titles in my forum games, this removes that possibility as I don’t want the page top to look ugly.)

2) You broke my voices script with this update! Now I’ve got to find a replacement script for it or wait for an update, because I thought it was really useful! (Although this is something you can’t do anything to.)

Nothing else… yet.

 
Flag Post

Add forum search to /forums pages

YES!!! Been waiting for this
It’s not at tip-top shape yet but I’m trusting this minor annoyance will be fixed soon

 
Flag Post

The forum search thing is nice and all, but from my perspective it just looks like it was thrown onto the page with no concern for aesthetics. If it looked like it was more integrated, maybe just having a little dropdown on the normal search bar that could toggle you between searching for games and searching the forums, that’d be a nice visual touch, since it looks really out of place.


Also, on the regular search, I think the default text should be changed from “Search games & more” to just “Search for games,” since really that’s all it does anymore.

 
Flag Post

If you use noscript, or other javascript blockers, you have to add kongcdn.com to the whitelist or the site won’t work.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Looks like some massive overlapping issues are happening with this patch.

As others have said; the title goes behind the search in this thread.

 
Flag Post

Did you guys ever test these updates beforehand?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Yeah, great forum update, but I have two things I’m gonna whine about:

1) The thread titles. Seriously, do something. It looks so annoying when it goes below the search. (And especially when I’m used of using pretty long titles in my forum games, this removes that possibility as I don’t want the page top to look ugly.)

2) You broke my voices script with this update! Now I’ve got to find a replacement script for it or wait for an update, because I thought it was really useful! (Although this is something you can’t do anything to.)

Nothing else… yet.

Easier version, ignore the stuff below, just uninstall the old one: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/163587

(It’s a super quick fix because I don’t know what the old one actually looked like ha ha)


This kind of fixes it:
http://pastie.org/7168959

Just go to the Greasemonkey script manager, right click the voices script, choose edit, and paste that in instead of what’s there and save the changes.

 
Flag Post

I can’t even make it shorter, the edit button hides behind the search bar.

 
Flag Post

Thanks for the search bar,bro.Now i can necro the torney of kong.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:
Originally posted by SicMirx:

An update to the forums and they didn’t finally add the ForumsKongregate → thingy at the bottom of the page?…

… I’m going to cry now.


Yeah, I’m getting overlapping, too. Solution? Shorter thread titles. I know, I’m a genius. I don’t need royalties or anything.

Ooh, there’s an idea. Upon new topic submission, the parser disemvowels all words. Imagine what the forums would look like then! =D

Originally posted by IceWeaselX:
Originally posted by SicMirx:

An update to the forums and they didn’t finally add the ForumsKongregate → thingy at the bottom of the page?…

… I’m going to cry now.


Yeah, I’m getting overlapping, too. Solution? Shorter thread titles. I know, I’m a genius. I don’t need royalties or anything.

Ooh, there’s an idea. Upon new topic submission, the parser disemvowels all words. Imagine what the forums would look like then! =D

Just move the Search Bar down a bit to next to the WATCHING TOPIC level.

RSS, # of Posts, Watching Topic …………………………………… “Search Forums” “Search”

 
Flag Post

I thought ‘Search for games and more’ would be good enough ^^

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ivod:

I thought ‘Search for games and more’ would be good enough ^^

I don’t think that searches in the forums anymore.

They separated the two searches because they felt the forum results interfered with the game results, probably.

 
Flag Post

We’ll have a fix for this issue coming some time this week. We know about this and it’s in the final stages of testing.

 
Flag Post

This doesnt allow me to edit a topic name because the search thing is covering up the edit button.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:

This doesnt allow me to edit a topic name because the search thing is covering up the edit button.

If the title is too long, we now wrap to a second line, including the edit button. If that’s not what you’re seeing, can you post a screenshot?