Forums Kongregate

Chat Scripts

86 posts

Flag Post

The latest Kongregate update has broken some rather useful scripts, namely the Chat Line Highlighting and In-chat Timestamp. Unfortunately, Ventero hasn’t logged in since March of 2012, would someone kindly help in posing a fix to these scripts?

Thank you for your time!

Flag Post

Please consult Ventero’s post before making any of these changes.

Well if you want a hacky delay, you can just go

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/49868
Change dom.injectScript(init_highlighting, 300); to dom.injectScript(init_highlighting, 1500);

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/55571
Change dom.injectScript(init_chatTimestamp, 0); to dom.injectScript(init_chatTimestamp, 1495);

Otherwise you’ll have to figure out some way to listen for when the parts for chat are prepared.

Flag Post

THANK YOU UnknownGaurdian !

Flag Post

The AFK-Command and Chat Mouseover Timestamp seem to be similarly broken.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kingdweeb1:

THANK YOU UnknownGaurdian !

Flag Post

;___; I want chat resizer and pm reply command to be fixed. puppy dog eyes

Flag Post

Looks like some were broken to the point where I stopped being able to receive any whispers, and quite possibly see any chat at all (I was in a game room that’s usually quite active that seemed to have no one talking). This really is upsetting since lots of these scripts I’ve been using for as long as I can remember, and they add features that I really found necessary in order to be able to properly function on the site (if it wasn’t for the pm notifier, chat highlighting, afk command, and lots of other things, I really couldn’t be in the chat and do things on other tabs at the same time properly). I guess that’s what happens when the person who made the scripts doesn’t update them in a long time because they’re no longer active, but it’s still sad to suddenly lose them.

Flag Post

Please consult Ventero’s post before making any of these changes.

Originally posted by Executioner:

The AFK-Command and Chat Mouseover Timestamp seem to be similarly broken.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/48936 (AFK Command)
Change injectScript.call(dom, init_afk, 0); to injectScript.call(dom, init_afk, 1495);

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50785 (Chat Mousever Timestamp)
Change injectScript(init_timestamp, 0); to injectScript(init_timestamp, 1495);

Originally posted by diabolotry:

;___; I want chat resizer and pm reply command to be fixed. puppy dog eyes

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/70040 (chat resizer)
Change initalize_chat_resize(); [that is the last line of the script] to window.setTimeout(initalize_chat_resize, 1490);

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/47963 (reply command)
Change dom.injectScript(init_reply, 0); to dom.injectScript(init_reply, 1495);

I don’t really want to be managing scripts, especially if they aren’t mine, though since these are all hacky fixes. Not proper ones in any manner. Hopefully the owner of any script manages to fix theirs rather soon.

Flag Post

Supporting this may help.

Flag Post

Thanks for the help so far, UG!

Does the Framework have to be edited or updated, too?

(The PM Notifier script is another 0→1495 change, too.)

Making these hacky changes has broken MrSpontaneous’ Full Profile Linker. What do we need to change “init_fullprofile, 1000” to?

Flag Post

The number I’m changing refers to how many milliseconds (thousandths of a second) delay there is before executing the first part (init_fullprofile). Instead of having it execute at 0 (aka, as soon as the script is added), changing it to a large number like 1500 (1.5 seconds) lets the other JS files load first.

So since these scripts are loading later and later and originally the Full Profile Linker script was loading last (1 second delay), we probably want to make it load somewhere greater than 1500. You should be good with changing dom.injectScript(init_fullprofile, 1000); to dom.injectScript(init_fullprofile, 1600);

Flag Post

Sorry for the late response, thanks a lot UnknownGuardian! I’ll be tinkering with these later… >:D

Flag Post

I’ve just updated the framework script, which hopefully fixes most of the problems. I currently don’t have enough time to test all my scripts, so if there’s any scripts that don’t work with the updated framework, please let me know.

Flag Post

Well i had deleted and installed the new update you did with the frameworks (By using Chrome) and it has not registered any of the scripts.

Flag Post

I’m having a difficult time getting the framework script to update for me, and I can’t seem to find a solution so this is the best place I can think of to ask. When I click “install” on the page, it just loads the page of source code. I’ve had this problem before with other scripts, but I can’t remember how I got around it last time because it was years ago. I’ve tried reinstalling Greasemonkey and BK, but nothing has changed (and I didn’t really expect it to fix the problem). I know it’s not much information to go by, but does anyone know what’s going on here? I really miss my time stamps. I:

Edit: It probably helps if I mention that my browser is Firefox (19.0.2).

Flag Post

Thanks Ventero! Scripts work!!

Originally posted by Sinapi:

I’m having a difficult time getting the framework script to update for me, and I can’t seem to find a solution so this is the best place I can think of to ask. When I click “install” on the page, it just loads the page of source code. I’ve had this problem before with other scripts, but I can’t remember how I got around it last time because it was years ago. I’ve tried reinstalling Greasemonkey and BK, but nothing has changed (and I didn’t really expect it to fix the problem). I know it’s not much information to go by, but does anyone know what’s going on here? I really miss my time stamps. I:

Edit: It probably helps if I mention that my browser is Firefox (19.0.2).

Have you tried right-clicking the INSTALL button and saving link as? Save it to the desktop then drag it into Firefox? That should install it. Since BK is just a collection of userscripts, wouldn’t having both be redundant?

Flag Post

Nope, it just opens a page of source code again if I do that. \:
My understanding is that updating the framework is what is going to fix the scripts that aren’t working, which are Ventero’s, which the framework is meant to support. Since the framework script isn’t actually included in BK, it wouldn’t be updated if I updated BK. Is that right?

My only real problem is that I can’t seem to reinstall the framework for the reasons explained above, which unfortunately your solution couldn’t fix. I thought, “Well, that has to be Greasemonkey not letting it work right”, which is why I tried reinstalling Greasemonkey, though it didn’t make sense to me why I should have to – if Greasemonkey needed to be reinstalled, nothing would be working to begin with…

Flag Post

Can you download from here? http://depositfiles.com/files/nvk2uu5eg

Once downloaded, you can either drag and drop into Firefox, hopefully GreaseMonkey will intercept it. If it doesn’t, you can go to Start → Run → type in appdata, navigate through the folders Mozilla → Firefox → Profiles → [bunch of numbers and letters].default → gm_scripts. If you don’t see a folder named gm_scripts then create it, inside that folder make one called “Kongregate_Chat-scripts_Framework” and drop the file in there.

EDIT: Sorry, the forums doesn’t allow some formatting… Put % in front and in back of appdata when you’re on the Run prompt.

Flag Post

No matter what I try I can’t get the mouseover timestamp one to work, which is a pain since I used that one more than basically any other script. Others are working from multiple sources (forum voices, pm notifier, full profile linker, line highlighting, character limit, afk-command, to name the few I’ve tried), just can’t seem to get the mouseover timestamp one working again.

Flag Post

Mouseover timestamp should be fixed now as well. You’ll have to update the framework again, as well as the actual timestamp script. If it still doesn’t work for you, let me know.

Sinapi: Make sure Greasemonkey is actually enabled (i.e. the monkey icon isn’t greyed out) when trying to install the script. You might also want to check the JS console for any errors.

About BK: BK actually uses a lightweight, built-in version of the framework script (since the addon is FF only anyway, it doesn’t need a framework with all the cross browser compatibility stuff). The downside is of course that whenever any of the scripts breaks, the whole addon has to be updated. Now the problem is that addon updates have to be reviewed by AMO (addons.mozilla.org) editors, and while it has never been a problem before, the last 3 times the addon was reviewed, it was rejected due to the code contained in some of the user scripts. I don’t have the time to sort out all the scripts that might potentially cause the addon to be rejected, so as a result there probably won’t be a new BK version on AMO.

However, for those who desperately want BK instead of manually installing the scripts with Greasemonkey, I’ve uploaded a new BK version that contains the fixed framework stuff and the latest versions of all scripts.
A few important notes about that version though:

• it’s completely untested
  • there will be no support for the addon – if a script is broken, try installing it manually with Greasemonkey – if that doesn’t fix the problem, it won’t be fixed
  • no automatic updates – while I might upload a new version of the extension when it becomes necessary, any such update won’t be detected automatically

Flag Post

Just tried re-downloading the framework and timestamp scripts again, not only did they not work, but now nothing that was working is anymore (chat related, that is, and not just your scripts either). Also tried the new Better Kongregate, and likewise nothing was working anymore.

EDIT: Seems to work on Chrome for me but not Firefox, might end up trying a complete wipe of all add-ons I have for Firefox later and then try again (they were all Kong related and basically all broken now anyways).

Flag Post
Originally posted by JKuang:

EDIT: Sorry, the forums doesn’t allow some formatting… Put % in front and in back of appdata when you’re on the Run prompt.

Off-topic, but if you disable the textile parser, it should work.

<notextile>%appdata%</notextile>
or
==%appdata%==

will display as

%appdata%

Flag Post

JKuang: I was able to download the file and save it to my desktop before, but with your instructions I was able to replace the old file with the new one. However, it doesn’t seem to have fixed anything.

Ventero: … I don’t know how it happened, and I didn’t even consider it because I had entirely reinstalled Greasemonkey, but somehow it wasn’t enabled. The “install” button for user.js files works fine. I’m just a moron. (x
I tried installing the new version of the framework that way as well, and unfortunately, it still doesn’t seem to fix anything. Also, it may be worth noting that the in-chat time stamp is also not working (I use that one as opposed to the other one that 123aaa789 uses), but it may be that the script needs to be updated as well. As far as I can tell, that’s the only other chat script that’s broken for me aside from the chat highlighting that I haven’t been able to use for a couple of months now. It seems that some forum scripts are also broken now, but I only know that the thread voices one is one of them, I don’t use the fora often enough to notice any other differences.

And thanks for taking the time to try to fix anything for us, I really appreciate it.

Flag Post

I’ve tried everything.. No luck.
Chat line highlighting still makes the chat non-existent, and PM’s cannot be seen unless BK is disabled (however, I can still see the notification if I’m in another tab, though the noise is gone)

Sad face

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

I’ve tried everything.. No luck.
Chat line highlighting still makes the chat non-existent, and PM’s cannot be seen unless BK is disabled (however, I can still see the notification if I’m in another tab, though the noise is gone)

Sad face

One thing that reinstalling Greasemonkey did fix for me was that my PM were showing up again (don’t ask me how, I don’t know why)… But now that I think of it, for all I know, I haven’t been receiving any sent since I enabled Greasemonkey, since it was apparently disabled before.

Edit: Just tested, it still works. Try reinstalling Greasemonkey, no guarantees it’ll work but I suppose it’s worth a shot if it worked for anybody else.