Forums Kongregate

Chat Scripts page 2

91 posts

Flag Post

Anyone using the chat resizer having any problems? The new framework seems to be installed, but it’s still not working.

Flag Post

I’m only getting the Chat Line Highlighting and other scripts Not Working. :(

Is Better Kong Dead, or are fixes coming?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aeon_the_Hermit:

Is Better Kong Dead, or are fixes coming?

Originally posted by Ventero:

About BK: BK actually uses a lightweight, built-in version of the framework script (since the addon is FF only anyway, it doesn’t need a framework with all the cross browser compatibility stuff). The downside is of course that whenever any of the scripts breaks, the whole addon has to be updated. Now the problem is that addon updates have to be reviewed by AMO (addons.mozilla.org) editors, and while it has never been a problem before, the last 3 times the addon was reviewed, it was rejected due to the code contained in some of the user scripts. I don’t have the time to sort out all the scripts that might potentially cause the addon to be rejected, so as a result there probably won’t be a new BK version on AMO.

However, for those who desperately want BK instead of manually installing the scripts with Greasemonkey, I’ve uploaded a new BK version that contains the fixed framework stuff and the latest versions of all scripts.
A few important notes about that version though:

• it’s completely untested
  • there will be no support for the addon – if a script is broken, try installing it manually with Greasemonkey – if that doesn’t fix the problem, it won’t be fixed
  • no automatic updates – while I might upload a new version of the extension when it becomes necessary, any such update won’t be detected automatically

Flag Post

I’m asking if the one I have already downloaded can be considered dead, and I am extremely leery of downloading something that hasn’t been tested.

Perhaps a better question is “Is Better Kongregate going to be abandoned?”

Flag Post

For now, unless someone has a different problem to bring to the table aside from “X scripts aren’t working, wut do”, it may be best to only post if you either find a working solution or a completely different problem, or if someone tries a new solution and it doesn’t work. Only one “X isn’t working” per issue is necessary; unfortunately, if we keep posting the same “X isn’t working” messages, any potential solutions may get buried, and it also makes it difficult to keep up with what has and hasn’t been tried.

Originally posted by Aeon_the_Hermit:

I’m asking if the one I have already downloaded can be considered dead, and I am extremely leery of downloading something that hasn’t been tested.

Yes, it is essentially “dead”:

Originally posted by Ventero:

"…the problem is that addon updates have to be reviewed by AMO (addons.mozilla.org) editors, and while it has never been a problem before, the last 3 times the addon was reviewed, it was rejected due to the code contained in some of the user scripts. "

… And so he has uploaded a sort of new version outside of AMO because he doesn’t have time to go through every bit of code in it and figure out what about it AMO doesn’t like, but it will not be tested and if it ceases to work, it ceases to work for good unless someone else can fix it for themselves.

Flag Post

I Think Kongrelink is broken, it won’t link me to anything anymore.

Flag Post

So… Even with these updates, are we saying that BetterKong is pretty much done for good? It doesn’t seem like anyone has a surefire way to fix it.

Flag Post

Ventero’s solution worked, but only temporarily. All my scripts stopped working today once again. Reinstalling them did not amount to anything.

Flag Post

See, nothing worked for me even after Vent’s posts, but just today, the chat resizer magically kicked in. I’m humored by this tomfoolery for the time being. As long as it doesn’t completely bork my chat, I won’t be completely annoyed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

See, nothing worked for me even after Vent’s posts, but just today, the chat resizer magically kicked in. I’m humored by this tomfoolery for the time being. As long as it doesn’t completely bork my chat, I won’t be completely annoyed.

Hey, I noticed that too! My resizer up and decided to work even though nothing else does!

Flag Post

My timestamp stopped working, along with all my other kong chat scripts. think it might be my computer, but it MIGHT not be.

Flag Post

I’d like to report that the most noticeable script not working at the moment is the In-Chat Timestamp.

Flag Post

My chat don’t look right without a time stamp :P

Flag Post

I’ve looked through the PM Notifier script for Better Kong, and i managed to make mine work.

It seems it is a directory issue, so i located the “chimes.wav” file on my computer, and used that directory instead, now it works just fine (with the other conflicting functions turned off, i.e User Highlighter).

This is how it looks after the modification; http://prntscr.com/101hfo

Of course, the directory specified (‘C:\Windows\Media\chimes.wav’) might differ for others. But simply find out where your “chimes.wav” audio file is located, and copy/paste the URL, replacing the old URL.

Happy gaming/chatting!

Flag Post

As a user of many scripts (because they’re awesome and I love the dev’s), my experience is that practically everything that works off of a / command (/hllist, /roomwatch, etc) seems to have broken in the last few days.

But, all these scripts are luxuries (albeit ones I got used to), so, I merely await updates or other people far smarter than I to code new ones.

Thanks for all the hard work you do.

Flag Post

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/164732

I just repackaged and wrapped a few common scripts that work with the new update.

Options to enable/disable are on your profile on the right side, below the Awards module. Everything checked by default.

Disclaimers:

• You should try to disable any individual scripts you have that are included here to prevent issues
  • Compatible with Chrome for sure, pretty sure FF, maybe anything else that allows userscripts
  • Chat line highlighing script does not include MrSpontaneous’s PM notifier script yet because he specified a “need written permission” license.
  • Chat Mouseover Timestamp is being worked on. It caused conflicts and I’m trying to resolve that now.
  • This is not supported in any manner whatsoever.

Flag Post

I downloaded it when you posted it in Labyrinth and then left before I got a chance to thank you. >:(

But it works perfectly, so thank you so much! I don’t know if I could survive much longer without my timestamp!

Flag Post

Thank you, UG.

I use FF, and at first glance, no troubles so far.

EDIT: All of them seem to work after proper fiddling. Well… don’t know about the reply one. I’ve never really used it in the past.

Flag Post

UG, I think I might love you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aiace:

UG, I think I might love you.

All hail UG.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/164732

I just repackaged and wrapped a few common scripts that work with the new update.

Options to enable/disable are on your profile on the right side, below the Awards module. Everything checked by default.

Disclaimers:

• You should try to disable any individual scripts you have that are included here to prevent issues
  • Compatible with Chrome for sure, pretty sure FF, maybe anything else that allows userscripts
  • Chat line highlighing script does not include MrSpontaneous’s PM notifier script yet because he specified a “need written permission” license.
  • Chat Mouseover Timestamp is being worked on. It caused conflicts and I’m trying to resolve that now.
  • This is not supported in any manner whatsoever.

I know I’m a bit late, but… THANK YOU UG!
There’s a lot of credit to be given where it’s due.
Even though it’s something as simple as a few scripts for us Kongregate addicts, it’s still really fantastic of you. I/we appreciate it!

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Can someone explain what the features do? I get most of them, but I don’t understand the “Chat Reply-command.”

Are friends’ names colored green and non-friends are blue?

Flag Post

Chat Timestamp – adds a timestamp to chat before each chat message.

Chat Line Highlighting – Colors messages green if they contain words you set to highlighted. Colors both friends and mods.

Chat Reply-command – After receiving a whisper, you can type /r and it replaces it with /w {user who last whispered you}

Chat Username-completion – Typing in the first few characters of a username, then pressing Tab automagically completes the username.

Chat Character Limit – Makes you only able to type in max message length amount (250) of characters (so no messages will be cutoff).

3 more scripts will be added at some point I think. Those would be the “clickable links in chat” script, PM notifier script, and Mouseover timestamp script.

Flag Post

That’s fantastic! How do you set certain words to be highlighted? Would I need to get into the script for that? I used to script many, many moons ago. I don’t know if I remember much of it.

Flag Post

The scripts are just repackaged and execute when the page is ready, so all functionality that the scripts provide normally is the same functionality here. You can see what each script does by finding the original source (which I credit in the source).

That specific script says:

/hl (or /highlight) followed by a list of words (seperated by spaces) makes the script highlight every message that contains one of those words. Note that you don’t have to retype the list after refreshing – it gets saved! (At least if you’re using Firefox)

/hlcolor followed by a valid hex-color (without the leading #, so an example would be /hlcolor 00FF00) changes the color which the script uses to highlight messages to that color (Gets saved, too)

/hluser followed by a list of usernames highlights all messages by those users – including whispers.

/hlfriends toggles highlighting messages sent by your friends. If activated, your friend’s names will show up highlighted (by default green) in chat messages.

/hlmods toggles highlighting the names of mods in chat. When activated, mods names appear orange by default, the color can be changed with /modcolor.

/hlpriority toggles the priority of /hlmods and /hlfriends. By default, users who are both mods and your friends will be highlighted in the friend-color when activating /hlmods and /hlfriends. Use /hlpriority to make them appear in the mod-color instead.

/whispercolor works similar to /hlcolor, but changes the color of whispers you send/receive.

/friendcolor changes the color of friends’ names in chat.

/modcolor changes the color of mod-names in chat.

/hllist lists the current settings.

/hlreset resets all preferences to their default values.

If MrSpontaneous’ PM-notifier is installed, this script notifies you when someone sends a highlighted message.
Use /hlchime to disable that feature. (this is not installed in Kongregate One. It should be in a future update)