Forums Kongregate

Rick Dangerous Flash has to be removed

28 posts

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/RetroArcade2013/rick-dangerous-flash

It’s an Atari ROM running in a Flash emulator. See comments.

Flagging never gets rid of these games. I could flag up obvious cases of copyright violation every single day. Stuff like this really should be removed.

Flag Post

It should. The administration should take a more serious stance on such games, both stolen and IP-violations. It’s quite sad.

Flag Post

What I found helps a lot is also reporting it on the persons profile.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

That’s helpful :P

Flag Post

There’s no specific reporting option, though. It has to go to “Other” and I’m pretty sure it’s neglected there, too; same with cheaters.

Flag Post

It does feel like the flag button does nothing. So I’ll make forum topics until Kongregate gets bored of me :-)

Flag Post

So I’ll make forum topics until Kongregate gets bored of me :-)

Please don’t. Lord, please don’t. That would just make me suffer and not Kong.

It’s not that the flags are just passed by or anything, it’s the fact that, without reasonable evidence, no action can be taken. This applies to post flags, game flags, full profile “report abuse” button, etc. So include all the details you can, however small. Show the copyrights. Explain the infringements. Elaborate on the crossovers. Cover up the nudity. Feast on the entrails. Etc.

Just speaking as a forum mod, I know countless people just flag as X without including any detail. It’s simple, I give it that, but it doesn’t explain the context. Those included details make things so much more obvious/easy/faster on my end. I’m sure that applies to game flags, as well. Granted, there’s no detail option for game flags that I know of, but there’s the report abuse option on the full profile aforementioned.

Flag Post

Then Kongregate needs to fix the interface, because having one flag button that doesn’t let you give any detail and one that does that you have to just know about is terrible user interface design. Especially when it causes you to be on the receiving end of patronising lectures from moderators; I have provided details, even if I didn’t guess which flag button was the correct one.

A flag button that generates reports that nobody can do anything about because of missing information is a problem.

Flag Post

A detailed explanation with game flags has been suggested/requested, and the admins have acknowledged that it’s on their list of things they want to implement. As adv0catus said, the “Other” profile reporting option is probably not a priority when they sift through the reports. In the meantime, I’ve had much more luck getting stolen games removed by e-mailing support@kongregate.com with details like SicMirx suggested. Off-site links to evidence are useful.

Flag Post

Thanks, if e-mail is the best option then I’ll go down that route. I’m probably not going to be shy about raising issues in the forum, if necessary.

Flag Post

From what I’ve seen, stealing games of any kind has resulted in a permanent ban on first offense. I’ve seen it happen to a friend in the past, who didn’t know better at the time. What I recommend is reporting them from their profile.

Flag Post

First offence is a week ban, second is permanent.

[Edit: Each game is considered an offence.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

There’s no specific reporting option, though. It has to go to “Other” and I’m pretty sure it’s neglected there, too; same with cheaters.

Not so. We review those reports as much as we do any other.

The administration should take a more serious stance on such games

We do. As you stated, first offense is a week ban, second is a permaban.

If you come across a game that is stolen or needs our attention, flagging the game works, but I’d also recommend submitting an “Other” report or e-mail us directly at support@kongregate.com. As you can imagine, we get a lot of game flags. Some of these are legitimate concerns, while others (most) are just people pressing the “flag game” button for the fun of it.

Flag Post

Thanks all, useful info.

Flag Post

I just thought I’d add that an advantage to e-mailing support is that you’ll have a history of your message in your e-mail client/account that way. Users have no way to see the logs of their submitted reports.

Flag Post

I’d kinda like it if there was a dialog box for “flag game” so people don’t accidentally hit it. (i have plenty of times when i was trying to rate)

Flag Post
Originally posted by wmarsh:

… Especially when it causes you to be on the receiving end of patronising lectures from moderators…

That was funnier to me than I bet it was intended to be.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

I’d kinda like it if there was a dialog box for “flag game” so people don’t accidentally hit it. (i have plenty of times when i was trying to rate)

If you accidentally flag a game that doesn’t deserve to be flagged, it’s fine. If there’s no reason for it to be removed, the person who looks at flags won’t remove it.

Flag Post

I can see your point. Especially since it’s right next to “game bug” which sometimes isn’t there (why don’t all games have this option?). There should be a dialogue box that pops up giving us an option to opt out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

If you accidentally flag a game that doesn’t deserve to be flagged, it’s fine. If there’s no reason for it to be removed, the person who looks at flags won’t remove it.

Still wastes their time, and i feel like dialog would help things more.

Flag Post

Haven’t really had any luck with e-mailing…

Flag Post

Email responses can take up to 3-5 business days.

Flag Post

Or the office is closed which means no replies.

Flag Post
Originally posted by destroytheworld1:

Or the office is closed which means no replies.

adv0’s statement already addressed that.

Originally posted by adv0catus:

Email responses can take up to 3-5 business days.

Business days are normal non-holiday weekdays, i.e. the days when they are in the office.

Flag Post

Well, it’s April 15th now and it looks like myfunnydragon and nogrupgame are doing juuuuust fine:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/myfunnydragon
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/nougrupgame