Forums Kongregate

why kongregate should have a christian chat room (locked)

50 posts

Flag Post

hello its nmpaq24( you might remember me from games that are awesome) here and i want to say why kongregate.com should get a christian chat room

i think there should be one cause there is alot of christians on this site

i like god and i want his word spread

so comment and post please thanks and thanks for coming

Flag Post

I agree with this sentiment as long as all the other major religions and atheist rooms are created too.

Also, not to be nitpicky, but if there’s a Christian chat room… wouldn’t that mean you aren’t actually spreading His word, since everyone in there is already a Christian?

Flag Post

Sounds like a troll magnet. I’d encourage you to get K+ (if you haven’t already) and use your private room.

Flag Post

In the unlikely event this is a serious thread (can’t see it, but hey ho)… no, the site really, really doesn’t need any form of religious chatroom.

There’s a whole internet filled with all manner of more suitable websites for talking about crap like that.

Flag Post

Can’t see this working. If you give it to Christianity, then by fairness you need to give it to all other religions, meaning there would be over 700 new chatrooms.

Flag Post

This has been brought up so many times about other specific-type rooms, too. The problem is that since the rooms are public, it’s like hanging a sign inviting problem users to harass the room on that specific topic.

Even moderators being present 24/7 wouldn’t be an endgame, as that’s a nuclear bomb waiting to happen. “X mod silenced me because I don’t believe in God” reports galore.

Gate checks, so to speak, are also sort of out of the question, as that’s just encouraging elitism and every single other minority/majority/quirky hobbyist to want a specific room of their own, too.

So, while the intentions may be good, the end result is just far too bitter to enjoy the sweet.

Flag Post

I’m a christian, myself but I can’t see this working. I mean, people who don’t believe can troll, and spam against us. Well, if this happens, there would have to be some restrictions.

Flag Post

A private room is the only solution.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

A private room is the only solution.

Amen

Flag Post
Originally posted by JimmyCarlos:

Can’t see this working. If you give it to Christianity, then by fairness you need to give it to all other religions, meaning there would be over 700 new chatrooms.

But the only true religion is Zoroastrianism. Why would you make chat rooms for fake religions?

Also, not to be nitpicky, but if there’s a Christian chat room… wouldn’t that mean you aren’t actually spreading His word, since everyone in there is already a Christian?

He never said it was for spreading His word. Maybe it’s so that they can discuss their Christian beliefs.

Flag Post

I told and explained to you why this is a bad idea 5 times…

Flag Post

This thread is going to turn out to be a fine example of what could go wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

He never said it was for spreading His word. Maybe it’s so that they can discuss their Christian beliefs.

He did. :)

Originally posted by nmpaq24:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Funnykidsc:
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

He did. :)

Originally posted by nmpaq24:

Unless I’m mistaking, he said that he wants his word spread. He didn’t explicitly say that the chat room would be for the purpose of spreading His word.

Flag Post

Let’s not encourage religion. It is impossible to have a good religion discussion, period.

Flag Post

well maybe kongregate believes in god. maybe thats why christian chat room if he has on his website

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Yeah, that room is going to be under constant troll siege…

Flag Post
Originally posted by battleship203:

well maybe kongregate believes in god. maybe thats why christian chat room if he has on his website

what.

Flag Post

It won’t be the Christianity being raided by Atheists, it would be the Atheism raided by Christianity.

Flag Post

It would be a good idea if it weren’t for the trolls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

It would be a good idea if it weren’t for the trolls.

That’s where the private rooms come into it.

Flag Post

This isn’t a good idea. Basically Kongregate is for games. Stick to the Serious Discussion forums.