Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Explored Trophy?

111 posts

Flag Post

I have been seeing this appear on a lot of new accounts, and I’m guessing it comes from some sort of new-user tutorial. Is there anyway for us veterans to get it?

Flag Post

Ah, yes, someone agrees with me. I see a lot of people getting it and I don’t know how.. Info?

Flag Post

Supposedly us veterans will…

Originally posted by Zshadow:

Hang in there!

Flag Post

AlisonClaire mentioned it in the Cinematic thread.

Flag Post

It is used for a sort of walkthrough for the site for new users, showing how to get badges, rate games, post a comment and favourite a game. At the end you get a little medal and I think some kreds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

It is used for a sort of walkthrough for the site for new users, showing how to get badges, rate games, post a comment and favourite a game. At the end you get a little medal and I think some kreds.

o that’s cool!

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

You get 10 kreds…which was the whole “unfair” issue that was talked about in the earlier thread.

Flag Post

Wow, this makes me want to start all over again just missing one award.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

Wow, this makes me want to start all over again just missing one award.

Exactly. Those few of us who have all the badges/achievements would like that one too. It sucks missing one (cough Ceasary…Caesary)

Flag Post

It’s pointless to make an account to just get 10 kreds, they don’t do transfers anymore (as far as I know). If you’re willing to start over entirely (as some have said) for $1 and a trophy, well…

Flag Post

This could be abused though. I’m not very familiar with the kred system, but what is stopping someone from uploading a game with in-game stuff that cost 10 kreds and then making a lot of accounts/alts to buy it?

Edit: I mean the “free” 10 kreds, as noted by bjjdude.

Flag Post

They’d lose money. They’d have to buy all the kreds on the accounts and use them on their game, but Kongregate takes a cut. They’d essentially be paying Kongregate for the privilege of converting real money into potential payments, which they won’t receive unless they provide full financial information. They can also receive a tax of up to 30% of the payment, after Kongregate takes their share.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

They’d lose money. They’d have to buy all the kreds on the accounts and use them on their game, but Kongregate takes a cut. They’d essentially be paying Kongregate for the privilege of converting real money into potential payments, which they won’t receive unless they provide full financial information. They can also receive a tax of up to 30% of the payment, after Kongregate takes their share.

but there using the free method of getting kreds

Flag Post

It’d be way too much work for the little amount yielded.

Flag Post

i got the award because of my new account

Flag Post

I hate to bump old threads, but it’s been quite a while, and we haven’t had any official response. Can I get a reply from an admin about this? Thanks.

Flag Post

I believe the idea is that everyone will get the same trophy/awards, but we’ll post an update when an official decision is made. Thank you for your patience!

Flag Post

So someone live, urm, vicariously for me. I don’t really care to start up an alt just to do a tutorial, but I can’t help but be curious about the details. What’s actually involved in this tutorial-badge? I think at one point I heard that it involved doing some, but not all, of a list of tasks, but what were the tasks?

Flag Post

As far as I recall, a list of the tasks:

• Upload a new avatar image
  • Add a friend on Kongregate
  • Earn any badge
  • Favorite a game
  • Rate a game
  • Leave a game comment
  • Finish a badge quest
  • Reach level 5
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to PowerUp Rewards

You only need to accomplish 6 of these 10 tasks to fill the progress bar.

Flag Post

Thanks! Seems simple but fun enough, as site tutorials go. And of course, hope to see something for established users soon!

Flag Post

Jayisgames has one is that account was created in 2006.. There has to be some sort of way to get them

Flag Post

Thanks for getting round to this!

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure i’ve done first 8 tasks…
So, how does one get around to knowing for sure how to get this? :)

Or do we have to re-do them as of date X?

Flag Post

How do you start this for existing members?

EDIT: Hah, got the private message right after…

Flag Post
Originally posted by JKuang:

How do you start this for existing members?

EDIT: Hah, got the private message right after…

So is there now a way to start this for existing members?