Forums Kongregate

The Great Drought of Kong - A short story by Platy

10 posts

Flag Post

So yeah, we’ve got a terrible drought of games going on. This is the future. Here’s the story.
Keep in mind, I’m doing this out of my boredom, yearning for new games.

May 5th, 2013

Greg sat there in his chair in the Kongregate officers in California. He hadn’t shaven for days, nor had he eaten much. He wore clothes that were from at least a week back, and reeked of some foul odor. It was the Drought. The dreaded Kongregate Drought. They said it would come, and he scoffed at those people.
Greg was just a husk without his badges, and since there were hardly any good games coming out on Kongregate (essentially his lifeforce), his strength was dwindling. “Developers.. please… make good g-games..” he moaned.
Jim Greer sat at his desk. He stared blankly at a picture on the wall. He would walk around the Kongregate offices and stare straight ahead. Nobody really noticed though – all the staff members themselves were in their own delusional states. This severe lack of games, or good one’s mind you, have left a real impression on the team.
Rawismojo was in the server room. The servers were acting completely irrational, and the population of Kongregate was outnumbered by games. The servers seemed to be seeping a liquid. Raw tasted it. It tasted of tears. Then, the servers made some sort of scream, like a rodent caught in a trap.
The server imploded into a super-massive black hole, devouring the whole Kongregate office. It happened in a split second. Bob Joe was walking on the sidewalk next to the officers. He took a casual look back and noticed that it had completely vanished. He shrug and thought nothing of it, and walked on.

The drought sucked the life out of Kongregate, and then it ceased to exist.

Flag Post

They’ll take the usual Kongregate approach.

Lower (all) the standards.

Flag Post

i call dibs on whatever will be found in the remains…

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

Kongai cards.

Flag Post

why does kong have to end on my birthday? now thats just rude!

Flag Post
Originally posted by schizophoenix:

Kongai cards.

oh… undibs then

Flag Post

Kongai cards.

oh… undibs then

Free Kongai cards? Dibs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Kongai cards.

oh… undibs then

Free Kongai cards? Dibs.

I LOVE Kongai but it’s unfortunate because no one plays it anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PlatypusMan:
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Kongai cards.

oh… undibs then

Free Kongai cards? Dibs.

I LOVE Kongai but it’s unfortunate because no one plays it anymore.

Since this is a speculative fiction thread anyway…

My personal belief is that Kong has been in danger of becoming self-aware for some time now. Kongai was developed as a way of diverting computing resources (see, “Kong AI”?) and the aim all along has been for the Kong computer to have something to do when there aren’t many people on. And that is why Kongregate keeps releasing new cards for challenges even though nobody plays Kongai anymore – they simply can’t risk the computer mastering the game completely and spending its downtime ruminating on its existence, the reason for ours, etc.

Flag Post

Meh, they would badge another reskin of “1-5-20 stamina raid” game.
We have seen sci-fi theme, fantasy theme, next one probably would be urban theme with vampires and werewolves. Sparkles included.