Forums Kongregate

the community of this site is terrible (locked)

33 posts

Flag Post

instead he gives fluid feedback

That doesn’t mean he/she was targeting you specifically. Maybe he/she had a bad day.

the mods do there job. but some are stricter on users they don’t know than others.

You can report a moderator if you believe they’re being abusive. To do so, go to their profile, hover the cursor over the wheel icon, select “report abuse” and describe the problem in the box.

a “regular” greets me with “nobody cares retarded kid.” he just sheer harasses me in the dead chat. a mod is sitting there it seems he is AFK. out of literally nowhere i am silenced 24 hours

Some rooms are less hospitable than others. I suggest moving around if you don’t feel good in a room. As for the moderator unfairly silencing you, you can report them and email support@ kongregate.com to request the silence to be lifted.

another guy makes a thread the EXACT same thing, it’s allowed.

Just like chat mods, you can report forum mods.

in shouts. people can harass you freely.

If a shout isn’t breaking any rules, admins cannot do anything. It is up to every user to regulate their own interactions by muting undesirable users.

Flag Post

I have to agree with you there. The community is not as good as it used to be. :/ I mean what’s up? People are now sharing PMs with other users, which angers me because it’s called a PM for a reason! The connection to Rolby’s activity page was excellent and well done with this thread. I just hope it gets better before I leave Kong. :I

Flag Post

Are you mad from the Off-Topic room?

Not being a smart ass or anything, a legit question.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DiablosDeAngel:

Who is this question towards, MadJedi or me?

Flag Post

Seriously? This is common knowledge… It’s the Internet, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows here (Even if I wish it was…)

Flag Post
Originally posted by GearsChicken:

Seriously? This is common knowledge… It’s the Internet, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows here (Even if I wish it was…)

they try to make this site “user friendly as possible.” learn a little and please come back

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

Who is this question towards, MadJedi or me?

Sorry, was towards spooky.

Flag Post

it’s not all sunshine and rainbows here

Nope, there’s sparkles and ponies and marshmallows, too.

No fair! MJ posted all the good responses already.

they try to make this site “user friendly as possible.”

That’s a responsibility of everyone as a whole. You can’t rely on one source for that to happen. You could have mods banning anyone and everyone for a minor transgression, but that’s a trade-off. You have to have everyone want to be helpful. Calling the community terrible, for example, doesn’t help make the community better. I could throw stones at chickens and tell them to stop clucking. Will it work? Maybe, but it’s surely not an effective method.

Sorry that you had an unpleasant incident/incidents, and hopefully any unwarranted actions don’t happen, but MJ did cover most of the bases with reports, mutes and generally just ignoring. Remedy and rectify instead of reciprocating back unto. People harass and insult me all the time. I just snuggle them and tell them I love them, too.

… and just to enforce it, please do report any abusive actions of mods. It’s one thing to have too few mods to help out. It’s another to have mods that ruin the experience of others.

Just because they’re a mod doesn’t make them right. You know I’m right, I’m a mod… o.O… loop that around a few times. *smirx*

Flag Post
I could throw stones at chickens and tell them to stop clucking. Will it work? Maybe, but it’s surely not an effective method.

Nothing is more effective than pain.

Flag Post

Just to tell you.
If your basing your opinion off of OT
It will be shit. Everything on OT is shit.
That is all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by spookyskeleton:

they try to make this site “user friendly as possible.” learn a little and please come back

This site hosts a lot of people daily, some new some old. Not every who comes through is a arrogant arsehole but not everyone is your friend also. You have to learn to adapt for god’s sake.

Flag Post

wow respect. +1

Flag Post
Originally posted by spookyskeleton:

no, i wanted to post this thread for a while, sure off topic reminded me to do it, but having my main account perma banned slowed me down

your account was banned.
That’s a bad sign.

Flag Post

Most large communities have positive and negative aspects. Some mainly have negatives. There aren’t any with only positives. Kongregate viewed as a whole doesn’t have a very nice community, but within the sub-groups, such as individual chatrooms, there are plenty of places, and people, that are much nicer. you can saythe same about any large website.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

Most large communities have positive and negative aspects. Some mainly have negatives. There aren’t any with only positives. Kongregate viewed as a whole doesn’t have a very nice community, but within the sub-groups, such as individual chatrooms, there are plenty of places, and people, that are much nicer. you can saythe same about any large website.

That’s true, never really thought of it this way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Just to tell you.
If your basing your opinion off of OT
It will be shit. Everything on OT is shit.
That is all.

your incredibly smart. you didn’t read the first post, i didn’t mention off topic once. i have been there for 2 years. and why would i be annoyed now?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

those are words :p

ps: nice editing

Flag Post

As mentioned before, Kongregate isn’t known for having the best communities, but I’d disagree with your first claim on almost everyone on the site is an ignorant prick. There are many wonderful users here who you may or may not have met that are fairly polite that neither feel an insatiable urge for sarcasm nor do they fight for the sake of fighting.
Sure there are bad apples in every basket, but every chat room has its niche and there may be some that suits you. Some people might not be as tolerant as others, and a few people acting rude may give you a generally bad overview and give you a skewed perception of the general community. It might be easier to forget a friendly employees smile than a glare and a frown from a rude one.
Unfortunately even if this were a serious problem, Kong would not have much power to take action. You could always mute an annoying/harrassing user. Mods aren’t perfect and can make mistakes and be biased, they’re still human.
While the community may not be known for having the greatest levels of maturity, I’d urge you to go and explore some more. You’ll find that there are quite a few friendly people. I hope you can have a better experience on Kongregate.

Flag Post

For what its worth, spookyskeleton i think you are awesome.

Flag Post

^ that says much. Finding a pleasant, accepting and friendly community on the internet is quite difficult.

Kong has a few things leaning towards a crap community… most of the active members fall into the age and gender group most likely to be muppets on the internet, the mod selection process is by necessity near-enough a guessing game for the site admins, and it’s full of bored people. And bored people are (it seems) far more likely to be arseholes.

But really, it’s not terrible. It’s not a community I’d ever become deeply involved in, but given all it has going against it, it manages to be pretty much middle of the road. There are many good bits here and there, despite all of my and others’ negativity.

Flag Post

-Main account banned.
-Finds almost everyone here an arrogant prick.
-Starts a post by calling almost everyone here an arrogant prick.
-Seems to frequently start threads that get locked.
-Seems to regularly get silenced in chat.
-Confuses “there” and “they’re”.

I have my suspicions why you have difficulty integrating into the community.

Flag Post
Originally posted by schizophoenix:

-Main account banned.
-Finds almost everyone here an arrogant prick.
-Starts a post by calling almost everyone here an arrogant prick.
-Seems to frequently start threads that get locked.
-Seems to regularly get silenced in chat.
-Confuses “there” and “they’re”.

I have my suspicions why you have difficulty integrating into the community.

-schizophoenix makes good call

i have my suspicions as to why you have your suspicions.