Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Fixing Kongai deck creation, minor tweaks to game hover and breadcrumbs on game browser pages

12 posts

Flag Post

We finally got around to fixing the Kongai issue people have been experiencing where deck creation wasn’t working. You should be able to create Kongai decks again. We also made some other changes to game hovers. Now you can add beta games to your playlist, also we made a second attempt at not showing hovers on the star ratings on recently played games. Finally on game browser pages, we’ve added bread crumbs to the top of the game browser page.

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Have breadcrumbs on game browser pages
  • Fix issue where users could not create decks in Kongai
  • Second attempt at not showing game hovers on /recently_played_games page when trying to rate a game
  • Fix badges page for our mobile game / Escape \
  • Allow users to see Kong+ games in their playlist
  • Fix issue where profile tab was not showing up for IE7 users
  • Allow users to close or cancel the delete message lightbox again

Flag Post

What exactly are breadcrumbs?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Crumbs of bread (and some secret stuff).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Richard545:
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Crumbs of bread (and some secret stuff).

This is just a guess, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think that he is talking about morsels of risen flour, dough, and water.

Flag Post

Breadcrumbs are links for going “backwards” or “upwards” I suppose. Like at the top of this page you’ve got ForumsKongregate → Both of those links are breadcrumbs.

Flag Post

o I see now.

Flag Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_(navigation)

:) It’s a webdesign concept.

Flag Post

Well call me Hansel and Gretel and paint me yellow! (Yeah… I don’t know)

Thanks for the little updates, joe.

Flag Post

the game hover still sucks… please allow me to disable it or make it so that clicking on the preview starts the game. if there are multiple images in the preview, then just make the arrows clickable to scroll images.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

the game hover still sucks… please allow me to disable it or make it so that clicking on the preview starts the game. if there are multiple images in the preview, then just make the arrows clickable to scroll images.

Disabling it evidently isn’t possible.

Originally posted by joe1017:
Originally posted by wattro:

just curious if there can be a profile option to disable game hovers? also, i’d like to be able to disable user hovers if that’s also possible.

Unfortunately that is not possible. If seeing a hover in a particular place (rating or clicking a link) is making it difficult for you to do so, let us know and we’ll investigate the issue.

Flag Post

thanks, i can read… i’m tempted to dig up the third thread just to see if you’ll go there, too

i still don’t like it, and i don’t really believe joe :) the only “it’s not possible” is because he doesn’t want to look into it. and as i mentioned in the other thread, he politely ignored my request to consider this for future features.

regardless, my complaining may instigate them to consider their design further… so posting and complaining is a good thing, whether you like it or not. :D