Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Profile and game page fixes

29 posts

Flag Post

For users, we’ve fixed the alignment issues with avatars and shout replies on the messages pages. We’ve also update some places on the game page too. First off, the below the game favorites icon will launch the signup lightbox for guests, we’ve also fixed an issue with user hover profiles in game comment pages.

For devs, there was an issue where opening comments in the game title would break game page functionality so we fixed that.

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Update kreds lightbox to say kred vs kreds when you only need one more kred
  • Spawn signup lightbox when guest click the favorite link below the game fold
  • Fix user profile hover for recent comments on game pages
  • Fix the width of the section below the game so tags won’t push the playlist link into the next line
  • Change email links from blue to red
  • Show dark active tabs on pages with black backgrounds
  • Fix issue with K+ symbol moving to the second line when the game is a unity game
  • Fix messages page alignment issues

Developers:

• Fix issue where opening comment in game title breaks chat

Flag Post

You changed the kerning of the text in the tab descriptions. I cannot unsee it now ;~;

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

You changed the kerning of the text in the tab descriptions. I cannot unsee it now ;~;

First thing I noticed as well, I refreshed the page and saw it immediately.

Flag Post

As did I. I like the way it looks now though.

Flag Post

Actually, I just realized that I have a tab open with it the way it used to look. There’s a huge difference between the two. It’s a different font, kerning, and weight if I am correct.

Flag Post

I like it.

[Edit: my sent messages are misaligned now.]

Flag Post

oh my god those tabs are horrible.

fix that kerning so its not terrible.

Or, if you want to continue to make bad font choices, make the default font of Kongregate comic sans

Flag Post

If you want to be pedantic (as I do), what they changed is the tracking. Kerning refers to adjusting the space between particular pairs of letters (making V and A closer together, for example), but if you’re increasing or decreasing the space between all the letters, that’s tracking.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I like it.

[Edit: my sent messages are misaligned now.]

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll bug the alignment issue with our devs now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by plujan:

If you want to be pedantic (as I do), what they changed is the tracking. Kerning refers to adjusting the space between particular pairs of letters (making V and A closer together, for example), but if you’re increasing or decreasing the space between all the letters, that’s tracking.

Look at ACHIEVEMENTS

Notice how the H and I are closer than the I and E

This is terrible kerning because the letters arent the same distance apart.

Flag Post

The ‘Games’ Tab is now sitting on top of the last ‘E’ in ‘Kongregate’

Flag Post

I also noticed what MadJedi noticed before even coming here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Hmm… That might be based on screen size/resolution. For me, it looks fine.

Flag Post

Not for me.

Flag Post

I can’t seem to reproduce the overlapping issue some of you are seeing. This is what I get when I change my browser width:

Can you guys maybe post screen shots and what pages you guys are seeing the overlapping on?

Flag Post

I’ll do anything for you, Joebear <3

All pages.

Flag Post

I’ll do anything for you, Joebear <3

All pages.

To ask the obvious, is your browser at regular 100% zoom?

Flag Post

It is. I just checked and reset it anyway. No difference.

Flag Post

Can you tell me what resolution you’re screen is on? Also what browser and OS you’re on?

Flag Post

His Windows DPI setting is probably different. Also, it looks like ClearType font smoothing isn’t on.

Flag Post

YOU CAN CHANGE STUFF!

Flag Post

Okay, we got wider kernel bars. That’s cool I guess

But I’m still bothered by that red space between my profile bar and kernel bars, particularly now that kernel bar is wider than profile bar (the rectangle where my avatar is for instance)

Flag Post
Originally posted by joe1017:

Can you tell me what resolution you’re screen is on? Also what browser and OS you’re on?

1024 by 768 pixels, Firefox 20.0 is the only browser out of that, IE, and Chrome that has this issue, and XP.

Originally posted by zAlbee:

His Windows DPI setting is probably different. Also, it looks like ClearType font smoothing isn’t on.

DPI is ‘Normal size (96 DPI)’ and turning on ClearType made everything blurry.

Edit: This really isn’t that big of a deal if this is only me, which appears to be.

Flag Post

UG is a computer genius, don’t know why you aren’t an administrator.