Forums Kongregate

Ask a mod

442 posts

Flag Post

So I was kinda inspired to make this thread and think it could be fun. Hopefully other mods choose to participate as well. :p

To prevent an otherwise inevitable turn of events, I’m setting some grounds rules.

1a. Do not ask for a nomination. Period. You will be ignored and if you continue to ask, all questions you ask will be ignored.

1b. Under no circumstance will current nominees be discussed. Don’t even ask.

2. We try to be pretty transparent in how we conduct ourselves, but if we say we can’t (specifically) answer your question, please respect that.

Ask away! :D

Flag Post

inevidable

inevitable*

Let’s start this off with an easy one.

How does picking the mods work? Who does it?

Flag Post

It’s 6am, mistakes are bound to happen. What mistake? I don’t know what you’re talking about.

We do it, kind of. We nominate someone and say a blurb about why we think they’d be an awesome mod. They go on a list for a while, then the admins do their thing and then the nominee is taken off the list, either way.

Flag Post

What are the minimum and maximum timespans mods can slience/ban? Also, can mods silence/ban someone who’s already silenced/banned, in where the silences/bans would build up?

EDIT: I see. Thanks.

Flag Post

Silence: 15 minutes, 1 hour and 1 day.
Ban: 1 week.

We can reverse our own actions any time we want, but not another mod’s.

I think so? I’m not entirely sure how it works, to be honest. But I know for a fact that me and someone else banned someone twice over almost instantly. It happened twice, actually. I’ll go with a “yes but I’m not sure.”

They don’t stack, though, they are replaced.

Flag Post

Nice idea!
We actually have an entire section on Jiggmin.com called “Ask a Mod.”

Flag Post

How many mods can an admin mod if an admin can mod mods? On a more serious note, it seems modding sessions are in bunches. Is it often a group modding, like a monthly assessment?

Flag Post

It used to be that an admin had to actively do the training, set aside time to do it. When it was like that, it was in batches. Now that the training is more automated, it’s more of a steady stream. It’s almost a daily occurance now.

Flag Post

Is there a mod form and if there is what does it look like..?
had to be asked.

Flag Post

Yup and like any other forum on the site. ;)

Flag Post

i was nominated once. y didnt i become a mod?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

So is it populated at all?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

No one besides the admins know the answer to that question and they won’t tell you, either. The fact that you know you were nominated probably doesn’t help, though.

Originally posted by bjjdude:

What do you mean? We use the forum, of course.

Flag Post

I like the idea of this thread. It’s a lot better than having a lot of different threads asking all these questions.

It could be useful as a resource so people wouldn’t repeat the same questions as often as they do now (not necessarily the same people every time, obviously).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

No one besides the admins know the answer to that question and they won’t tell you, either. The fact that you know you were nominated probably doesn’t help, though.

Originally posted by bjjdude:

What do you mean? We use the forum, of course.

so what do you use it for? other than worshiping our lord and savior greg of course.

Flag Post

Do you abduct people and enslave them as mods?
What about me? Am I going to be assimilated as… one of you?

Flag Post

bjj, being social and advice and stuff.

Originally posted by Maik50:

Yes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Resistance is futile.

Flag Post

Hi,

is someone here who speak german and can help me with a big problem in red crucible 2?

Greetings Sniperlady

Flag Post
Originally posted by LuckyEye:

Tell us about the T icon.

How much information are mods allowed to tell users? Because there have been multiple instances of certain new mods revealing silences, bans, and the mod who did it. I’m not sure if this is allowed.

T was before my time and I really don’t know what to say about it, anyways.

I know noting about that. :s

Originally posted by Sniperlady:

Hi,

is someone here who speak german and can help me with a big problem in red crucible 2?

Greetings Sniperlady

I’m not sure what you need a mod’s help for?

Flag Post

Hi Flag,

i dont know who can i ask with my problem. 2 days ago i was change one setting (only view distance) in RC2 and now i cant see anything and i have do alot for can see again, but all what i do dont help. Now i cant play anymore.

Who can help me or where can i find help?

Greetings Sniperlady

Flag Post
Originally posted by LuckyEye:

What I’m asking is, are mods allowed to tell users that?

I’ve told people how many times they’ve been silenced and/or banned, privately. I don’t think we should tell them anything else.

Originally posted by Sniperlady:

Hi Flag,

i dont know who can i ask with my problem. 2 days ago i was change one setting (only view distance) in RC2 and now i cant see anything and i have do alot for can see again, but all what i do dont help. Now i cant play anymore.

Who can help me or where can i find help?

Greetings Sniperlady

That’s an in-game issue and not something that a mod or admin can help you with. :(

But, go to the game page, click the “Report bug” link. Fill out the report and it’ll be sent directly to the developer.

Flag Post

Many thanks Flag and have a nice day!

Sniperlady

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator