Forums Kongregate

~ Developer Weekly and Monthly Contest Winners ~

34 posts

Flag Post

Hello everyone!

For a long while we had showcased the weekly and monthly contest winners on the homepage, but since that has been removed, let’s share them here for all to see and bask in their glory!

For those of you who don’t know, each week, we’ll be giving away $250 to the top-rated game and $150 to the second and third place games uploaded on Kongregate. These weekly contests run Saturday to Friday and must have a minimum of 10 votes to qualify.

We’ll be awarding $1500 to the highest-rated game in our monthly contest, $1000 to the second-highest, $700 for the third, $500 for fourth, and $250 for 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. Games must have a minimum of 30 votes to qualify.

To be eligible for our monthly prizes, games must also implement our statistics API. Instructions can be found here. We promise it’s fast and painless, and it’ll also make your game eligible for challenges and non-time-limited achievements/statistics in the future.

See our past winners here!

WEEKLY: 08/17/2013 – 08/23/2013

1. ($250) Socrates Jones: Pro Philosopher
Created by: ChiefWakamakamu
Rating: 4.14476

“After an unfortunate accident, bumbling accountant Socrates Jones must find “the nature of morality” by debating philosophers to earn back his life. More than slightly influenced by the Ace Attorney series.”

Game Type: Philosophical, Mouse Only

2. ($150) Battalion Commander
Created by: IriySoft
Rating: 4.14369

“Get armed to the teeth and fight your way through the enemy territory. You’ll need the help from your fellow soldiers trapped by the foe, ton of upgrades and mighty skills to survive.”

Game Type: Army, Shooter

3. ($150) Notebook Space Wars
Created by: matakukos
Rating: 3.93879

“Enjoy the latest Notebook Wars game! Better than ever with lots of ships and weapons! Enemies are attacking from all directions, so try to take as much of them down before they can destroy you. Pick up coins to purchase upgrades between the battles. Much fun.”

Game Type: Shooter, Action

MONTHLY: 07/01/2013 – 07/31/2013

1. ($1500) Min Hero: Tower of Sages
Created by: ToyChestGames
Rating: 4.23828

“Train and collect over 100 minions as you fight to prove yourself in the Tower of Sages.”

Game Type: Turn Based, RPG

2. ($1000) The Peacekeeper
Created by: BerzerkStudio
Rating: 4.2209

“In a distant-near future where Global Peace is attained, perceptions of reality can become muddled.”

Game Type: Shooter, Upgrades

3. ($700) BattleCry
Created by: BerzerkStudio
Rating: 4.18015

“Immerse yourself in the world of Battle Cry! Command your very own army to battles against all who oppose you. Includes a 3 act single player campaign, a player versus player ladder system and an intricate army management system.”

Game Type: Army, Multiplayer

4. ($500) Icarus Needs
Created by: Stillmerlin
Rating: 4.0698

“Icarus Needs is a hypercomic adventure game starring everyone’s favourite mentally unhinged cartoonist, Icarus Creeps. Icarus has fallen asleep playing videogames and become trapped inside a surreal dream world that’s part videogame and part comic strip. What’s worse, somehow his girlfriend Kit has got trapped inside the same dream.”

Game Type: Interactive Fiction, Adventure

5. ($250) Heroes of the Realm
Created by: heroesoftherealm
Rating: 3.82038

“An award-winning game that blends key elements from simulation, card battle/collection, and strategic RPG genres into one of the most fun and addictive games you will ever play!”

Game Type: Multiplayer, CCG

6. ($250) Symbiosis: Greenland
Created by: jarofed
Rating: 3.69706

“We thought, that we destroyed crystals last time. But one of them hid on the lands of Greenland. And the only hope is to use the power of plants against space invaders again.”

Game Type: Strategy, Upgrades

7. ($250) Endless War 7
Created by: Vitaly
Rating: 3.67436

“Next part of the Endless War series brings you behind the enemy lines of World War 2. No, you don’t have to sneak in the bushes like a commando. This time you’re on the bad guys side.”

Game Type: Tank, Shooter

8. ($250) Worlds Ends: Chapter 1
Created by: MezzanineStairs
Rating: 3.63508

“Learn skills to improve strength and unlock special attacks and abilities. Buy, find and plunder items and equipment. Use terrain, traps, obstacles and even foes’ corpses to gain the tactical advantage as you lead Tevoran and Company to questionable victory.”

Game Type: Turn Based, RPG

9. ($250) Pretentious Game 3
Created by: keybol
Rating: 3.61664

“The finale to the series. Explore more of the story from each of the characters point of view.”

Game Type: Platform, Minimalism

Stay posted, as I’ll update this list once new winners arrive!

Archive

Flag Post

This is cool. I approve.

Flag Post

Glad to see some form of promotion for this again, it was always cool to watch the weekly/monthly contest section on the homepage, and this is definitely something I’ll be checking out over the weeks to see what’s made it in.

Flag Post

I wasn’t sure if this was still going on, it’s good to see it again :)

Flag Post

Shout out to my homie “Scene of the Crime: Dream of Murder”. Glad it made it to the top nine. I love mystery games.

Flag Post

The original post has been updated for this past week’s winners! Congratulations developers, and stay tuned next week for the new weekly and monthly winners!

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Glad to see some form of promotion for this again, it was always cool to watch the weekly/monthly contest section on the homepage, and this is definitely something I’ll be checking out over the weeks to see what’s made it in.

QFT.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

The original post has been updated for this past week’s winners! Congratulations developers, and stay tuned next week for the new weekly and monthly winners!

Could you please repost the scores you remove, when you change the first post to the new week/month? So the latest week and month is in the first post, and the earlier ones can be found further down.

Flag Post

Very interesting! Thanks for updating this, Z! :-)

Flag Post

… :D: the name itself explains my excitement for the winner :D I hope it gets api added, it was a short fun game :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by SimonDK:

Could you please repost the scores you remove, when you change the first post to the new week/month? So the latest week and month is in the first post, and the earlier ones can be found further down.

I can probably do that, but it will take up a good chunk of space. I’ll work out something next edit.

Flag Post

i wanna win too

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

… :D: the name itself explains my excitement for the winner :D I hope it gets api added, it was a short fun game :D

Agreed! It amazes me how polished some of the 48/72hr Ludum Dare games are. … :D is no exception.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SimonDK:

I can probably do that, but it will take up a good chunk of space. I’ll work out something next edit.

Why not a pastebin or the like so that it can stay complete and archived but only takes up a line or two per new set of winners

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

i wanna win too

That’s a dream will all want to aspire.. lol.

Flag Post

The original post has been updated with last week and last month’s winners, and an archive has now been added of recent past winners!

Congrats to all developers, and good to see some familiar names again!

Flag Post

Congratulations to last weeks developers! Swarm Defender, Moon Waltz, and Questopia took the top three winning spots.

+1 for Pixel RPG Questopia!

Flag Post

congratz to the winners!

Flag Post

Something I just thought might be interesting or useful to include beside the game names is the rating it got. I think it’d be nice to see what the winners got rated in comparison to others without necessarily having to go to the games themselves.

EDIT @below: Many thanks.

Flag Post

Added to last weeks winners, and will continue from hereon out!

Flag Post

Congratulations to scriptwelder for winning last week’s $250 prize for their “Don’t Escape” game, a unique twist on the typical escape games. Try it out now!

Big congrats to the other two winners, BeGamerCon and flazm. Until next week!

Flag Post

Close call for first place in last week’s contest. By only a 0.01 difference, Blob’s Story took first place for $250. Goes to show that every rating counts.

Next week we’ll announce the monthly winners!

Flag Post

there are some seriously creative devs out there!

Flag Post

It’s beautiful. :‘) Plus, the extra cash never hurts when you’re a developer trying to live off of making games, am I right?

Flag Post

The new weekly and monthly winners have been posted!

Re-cap: Sequels dominated the leader board this time around with “Incursion 2: The Artifact” and “The Last Door: Chapter 1 – The Letter” taking first and second place in both the weekly and monthly contest (a total of $2900 between the two!) Familiar names from past weeks winners are also proudly standing in June’s monthly winners list!

Who will win this week’s contest? Who will win for the month of July? YOU decide and vote on our hot new games today!