Forums Kongregate

Rise & Fall, 35th Kongregate Gaming Tournament (Last Round: Accelerator) (locked)

1116 posts

Flag Post

[Reserved for Lock]

Flag Post

Welcome to Americana…Oh, sorry, my bad! Welcome to Rise & Fall the 35th Kongregate Gaming Tournament.

Rise & Fall takes inspiration from the Formula One Championship, so there won’t be any elimination throughout the competition but only the top 24 scorers in the qualifier will be admitted in the main tournament.

Like in a real Formula One Championship there will be a driver leaderboard and a team leaderboard. Teams will be determined through the Weight System (If you don’t have a weight, it will be 0 by default), so I recommend you to join with your main account. Furthermore, the top 3 players and top 3 teams will receive Kreds as prizes, so you might prefer to receive them on your real account.

By participating in my tourney, you agree that I, as host, reserve the right to demand extra proof, including but not limited to video recording, from anyone, at any time, in any round (even if video isn’t required for the it), for whatever reason I see fit. I also reserve the right to ban said person, at my discretion, if said extra proof is not provided.

Additional information about the scoring system, the structure of the rounds, the team matching, the prizes, the length and the requirements of each round and all the general rules can be found in the Rulebook.

If you’re worried about joining because of the tournament’s length, I’d just like to remind you that nobody will be able to be competitive through all the rounds; like in the real championship you will encounter tracks (games) that you don’t like and mechanical failures (days away from your computer), so don’t be scared, your resolution will be rewarded.

Who resigns will be replaced until round 5.

The Spreadsheet can be found here.

Flag Post

It’s time to start your engine and prove that you’re worthy of being amongst the 24 drivers that will take part in this (hopefully) entertaining season.

The qualifier game is Johnny Upgrade, . Aim for the highest score (the score is quite tricky to understand, but that’s part of the challenge) and submit a screenshot, like this one:

The qualifier will decide the 24 participants to the tournament, so give it everything you’ve got: this is the only elimination round and there’s no redemption round, so you’re in or you’re out.

Be aware that if your screenshot isn’t valid, your score won’t be accepted.

In case of a tie, submission time will count as a tiebreaker

Deadline is: 2013, June 20th, 00:00 AM (GMT+1)

Have fun, and good luck.

Ben_B found a glitch that is not a gamebreaking, so game won’t be changed but the glitch will be expose so everyone can use it for his/her own strategy:
Ben_B: If you have between 1-5 jump power, and hold down the jump button when you start a round, you fall through the level.

Flag Post

Woooooooo first

Flag Post

I…Don’t know :(

Flag Post

Yay :)

Flag Post

Let’s do this! :D

http://i.imgur.com/Exybj5m.png

Flag Post

5th

So excited o3o

Here’s my super-lame score that won’t get me anywhere for now

Flag Post

Yeahhhhh XD

Flag Post

Time to fail. :D

Flag Post

So, now that mid-year exams are over, and I feel like actually trying hard for a tournament since I haven’t done so in a while; let’s do this shit.

Flag Post

I’ll qualify; last time I was in a tournament (I think it was the Retro Remembering one) it was awesome and now I feel like trying again. I’ll post a score when I get to my own computer.

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/rVdOBZI.png

Good enough for now. Until tomorrow later today…I need to get my sleep-deprived body some rest.

Flag Post

Placeholder.

[Removed]

EDIT:

Derp.

Flag Post

Its been a while, and my first time using imgur, I think this should be fine though…

Flag Post

Oh boy.

Flag Post

photo johnny66k_zps85e6dc20.png

Flag Post

Flag Post

Just to get my name on the board.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

I can’t see the plug. Try pasting it in a new paint window & uploading that.

Edit: Thanks for fixing it.

Flag Post

Alright, will do.

Flag Post

Probably a bad sign that I have to scroll down to see my score…