Forums Kongregate

[How To] Get Kongregate Arcade to work on PC

34 posts

Flag Post

Hey everyone, so I’m sure you’re wanting to get some mobile badges, so I did a little work trying to figure stuff out, and managed to get it working! This is admin okayed :)

I realize many who have tried with bluestacks have gotten stuck because of no flash, well there’s a way to fix it!

Step 1: Download Bluestacks

Step 2: From within Bluestacks, get the Kongregate Arcade app

Step 3: Go here and it will auto download a good flash version’s APK file.

Step 4: Once that flash settings thing is downloaded, the default opener should be bluestacks, if not set it to open with bluestacks, and it will install.

Step 5: Open Kongregate Arcade and it should be working

Step 6: Now all you have to do is sign in :D It’s a bit laggy, but better than nothing for us without android phones.

Flag Post

Only as note, this flash version from the official Adobe Flash archive always worked with Bluestacks (or at least when I used Bluestacks for the mobile badges a year ago).

I’d rather install that then an .apk file from a Third Party site (which doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with the file you linked).

And then another note:
The Escape Mobile badges are also obtainable using Bluestacks (Escape Mobile is a standalone App, not included in Kong Arcade).

One last hint:
“Tabbing out” to the mainscreen in bluestacks and then resuming the game often greatly reduces the lag and makes getting some badges possible that you will be struggling with cause of the lag (e.g. the later levels in Screw the nut or Electric box).

Flag Post

That’s how I got all mine. Patience is required though as the lag is a killer.

Flag Post

Thanks, uzzie. You’re my hero.

Flag Post

The window is huuuge, any way to make it smaller?
Or maybe not only that, but also to reduce the lag in any way, it’s unbearable.
Thanks for the pointer btw.

Flag Post

There is a button in the bottom-right corner of Bluestacks which you can use to shrink it down. And I guess after that you can drag the corners to resize Bluestacks as much as you want to.

Flag Post

Errrr, for me the bottom-right button is fullscreen-not fullscreen. In fullscreen though there appears another button, X, which hides the window into nowhere after pressing. There’s also settings menu, which has “Change application size” option (“tablet”/“default”), which doesn’t change anything though.
Edit below: yup, thanks for trying to help anyways. I guess i’ll try reading some manuals.

Flag Post

Well, dunno then. Most of the games were decent-sized for me, not too big, not too small.

Flag Post

Yeah, I used BlueStacks a while back to get one of the mobile badges (the Love hard badge, since it was much easier with a mouse than with a finger on a touch screen), and possibly the lag helped, but I can’t recall if it lagged much for me. Screen size seemed nice for me too. Didn’t try any other games on it (used my phone for the other mobile badges that I have).

EDIT @below: Shhh.

Flag Post

dem 123 lag strats

Flag Post

There’s meant to be a way to get tilting controls to function on Bluestacks, but I’ve not managed to get it working so the Vector badges are still unattainable.

Flag Post

Necronomicon medium doesn’t submit for some reason (screenshot). Any way to report it?

Flag Post

How many mobile badges are there even? O_o

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gext3r:

I think it’s at 68 from the Kongregate Android app, 3 on Escape, 2 on Tyrant Unleashed, and 2 on Sheep Happens (listing those last 3 separately as they’re separate apps), so 75 in total.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

I think it’s at 68 from the Kongregate Android app, 3 on Escape, 2 on Tyrant Unleashed, and 2 on Sheep Happens (listing those last 3 separately as they’re separate apps), so 75 in total.

Any of them particularly difficult?

Flag Post

Any of them particularly difficult?

Currently I have all of the ones from the main app except for the hard badge on Bloody Fun Day (because I really haven’t been bothered to repeatedly hit restart until I get a favourable start yet), I have the three Escape badges (got them within about a half hour of getting the app), and I haven’t tried the Sheep Happens or Tyrant Unleashed ones yet (since I don’t have access to an Apple product right now), though the newer ones shouldn’t be particularly hard (just an easy and medium for them each).

So Personally, none of the mobile ones require very much effort, though some might take time (Necronomicon, Crystal Story, etc).

Flag Post

Do you guys happen to know where the mobile saves are located?

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/DKVcdSK.png
The game spawns more sprites than it should, probably because it lags as hell, and maybe it counts real time passed instead of frames? Who knows. Either way, this particular level is impossible with extra steam spawned. Any way to deal with it?

Also, this app made itself autorun everytime on startup, and grabbed a noticeable amount of memory everytime (0.5+ GB), so i removed all “bluestacks” records via Autoruns, but then it refused to launch anymore (which is stupid if the program just gets removed from autoruns), and when i tried to uninstall it, it shows some unhandled exception, and i can’t really do anything. How do i fix it?

Also,

Do you guys happen to know where the mobile saves are located?

Flag Post

I can answer your first question but that’s all I know.

It is due to the extreme lag, and it does end up making the ball kill the exit. All you have to do is keep trying, honestly. I just kept pressing the power button until it worked, because sometimes the lag doesn’t alter what the game should be doing, and it’ll work.

Only thing I can really think of for the non running thing is try restarting your computer and ending all bluestacks processes, then try deleting it. (I believe the process is HD_Frontend, or something along those lines)

Don’t know about the saves.

Flag Post

Thanks a lot for your answer, uzzie!

After deleting all Bluestacks autoruns, i’ve rebooted and there’s no visible processes of it. Still no luck. What happens is that i click “Start Bluestacks”, HD-Agent and HD-RunApp appear, and also a tray icon, and when i left- or right click it, HD-Agent and tray icon disappear, and HD-RunApp just stays there. If i try this X times, there are X HD-RunApps left in memory, doing nothing, just standing in there. And uninstall says “unhandled exception”. And install says “you already have it installed”, doesn’t even ask me, if i want to repair it. Boo.

Edit: reinstalled it on another windows system, also found out where it keeps the save files:
1) for xp: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacks\Android\SDCard.sparsefs
2) for 7: C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Android\SDCard.sparsefs

Edit: wooo, due to some sprite bug the steam went right on top of that steam detector, instead of going inside it. Finally was lucky to pass that level.

Flag Post

Got 65/68 in almost a month!
The only thing left is Vector Stunt, which doesn’t appear to react to any mouse actions. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Also, i’ve heard there are other badged games which are not in Kongregate Arcade. Is there a full list of them somewhere?
Edit below: thanks, 123aaa789!

Flag Post
Originally posted by j64e:
Also, i’ve heard there are other badged games which are not in Kongregate Arcade. Is there a full list of them somewhere?

Escape has an easy-medium-hard combination, Sheep Happens has an easy-medium combination, Tyrant Unleashed has an easy-medium combination, that’s it for now.

Flag Post

Of the non-Kongregate Arcade badges, Tyrant Unleashed crashes instantly, Escape costs money which doesn’t seem to process, and I can’t find Sheep Happens anywhere. Is there some way to get these to work?

Flag Post

Wooo, i’ve got Vector Stunt to work on Bluestacks! (at least the left/right moving part). Gotta figure out what exactly i did and i’ll update the post with explanation.

@HookedonOnyx: yup, they say Tyrant is still rather buggy. And they Sheep Happens is only for appstore for now (http://www.sheephappens.net/)

Edit: okay, so basically what you need to do is to create a file named “com.kongregate.android.kongarcade.cfg”, and locate it in either C:\Program Data\BlueStacks\User Data\InputMapper\ (for Win7) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacks\UserData\InputMapper\ (for WinXP).

The contents of that file should be like that:

[Keys]
Left = Tilt Absolute (0,-10) Return
Right = Tilt Absolute (0,10) Return
Up = Tilt Absolute (10,0) Return
Down = Tilt Absolute (-10,0) Return

Note that instead of 10 you can put the value you are comfortable with.
So with that you can go left and right with left and right keys, and flip forward or backward with up or down keys. For left/right spin (touch the screen and tilt), you have to hold your left mouse button down and do the left/right tilt.

As always, it lags as hell, and i’m not so sure if i can get those badges, but i’ll probably try later!

Edit: this may be even better, because it doesn’t react well to simultaneously pressed left/right and up/down keys. Due to lag, maybe.
[Keys]
Left = Tilt Absolute (10,-10) Return
Right = Tilt Absolute (10,10) Return
Z = Tilt Absolute (-10,-10) Return
X = Tilt Absolute (-10,10) Return
Up = Tilt Absolute (10,0) Return
Down = Tilt Absolute (-10,0) Return

Edit: got easy and medium. Not sure how i feel about hard, getting even 50 000 points was such a pain with this lag. Getting a stable x6 combo is crucial for hard, and i couldn’t even get more than x4 because the buttons constantly do not react in time or even not react at all. Oh well, i guess i’ll leave it alone, until i get a real device, maybe?

Flag Post

As info, Sheep Happens does work on BlueStacks.