Forums Kongregate

Graveys A Day A Chat Room Thread (Picked my room now) page 6 (locked)

266 posts

Flag Post

Imaginarium – I was imagining and hoping for a nice active chat but instead I got the opposite. :( It was completely dead. In fact the 1st post on chat did not even come until like 11 AM Pacific time, and I logged on at 7 30 AM. The whole day chat probably had 10 posts, and most of them were users just saying, “hello anyone there”, and of course no one replied back. Knio left a very dead room behind. How will this room ever decide to reform itself and get chatty again, well looks like the world will never know.

Activity – 1
Conversations – 5
Friendliness – 5
Spamming – 5
Overall – 2
Moderators – None

Flag Post

It would be great if a moderator comes and saves that room. :c

Flag Post

inb4 IIN review with low activity number, RIP.
Loved that chat room back in the day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

inb4 IIN review with low activity number, RIP.
Loved that chat room back in the day.

I was just about to post that till I read this!
I wasn’t around nearly enough to be classified as a reg, I’m sure, but for the people I did meet, they really came off to be nice, intelligent people. Had but mostly read, lol, some very interesting/fun conversations, and it really helped me, I guess so to speak, discover Kongregate.

Flag Post

Impossible Is Nothing – The room started off very similar as the last room, very quiet with no chatting. At one point of time I went AFK for 10 min and I came back and I was like WTF as I saw like 200 posts in a 10 min span when it was completely dead the time before. So then I saw those few users chatting for like an hour then after that it completely died for the rest of the day. The users were average and they kept talking and asking what games they should play and stuff. This room also has no Mods. It is literally impossible to get users to chat in here at times. But when people chat, its very chatty, but that does not happen as often here.

Activity – 3
Conversations – 5
Friendliness – 5
Spamming – 5
Overall – 4
Moderators – None

Flag Post

Indigenous Kumquat Research Center – A nice active room with active Room Mods who control the chat in a very nice way. A lot of the users are very nice and start great conversations most of the time and there is rarely any spam at all. The chat was mostly chatty when the Room Mods were on. It was somewhat quieter with no Room Mods. Looks like this is one of the few chats that usually rely on Room Mods who make it active. Allthough I did feel out of place here as I did not know anyone and they did not know me so I would be confused in the conversations a lot. But it was a nice room to be in. People who like to go in depth in conversations would enjoy it even more here.

Activity – 5
Conversations – 8
Friendliness – 7
Spamming – 9
Overall – 7
Moderators – Active

Flag Post

ItBeARoomYo! – Yes it is a room, before you all ask. But the room was rather quiet most of the time. They had 5 Room Mods but I only saw 1 of them chat, the RO. Allthough I saw 2 other Room Mods on as well. The users were mostly nice, when it was active. They usually chatted about nice things. There was no spam whatsoever. But unfortunately the room would die often as it seems like most of the chatters like to lurk a lot. According to the Owner, its never average, its either very dead, or very active, and it sure was just like that. Would have been better if it was way more active then dead, otherwise I would have enjoyed it more. Oh and a lot of the users here post on forums too.

Activity – 4
Conversations – 8
Friendliness – 8
Spamming – 9
Overall – 8
Moderators – Active

Flag Post

Ivory Tower – This rooms chat flow was really nice. It was never way too chatty and was never really too dead. It was average the whole time and that’s the best a chat should be most of the time. During the whole day it seemed like it was usually the same 5 people chatting. It seems like this room does not have many chatters, but the few chatters they have, they chat A LOT. Most were really nice and conversations were even better as I would even help get involved in them and I would also even help some people pick games they wanted to play. There was some spam but was not a big problem. No Mods come to this room, but I think a Mod may enjoy it if they only want to talk to a few users. Sometimes a room with too many regs can create problems. There wasn’t any here. So you all should come and see how it is like, because if I liked it, you may too.

Activity – 6
Conversations – 8
Friendliness – 8
Spamming – 8
Overall – 8
Moderators – None

Flag Post

Kakariko Village – Nice room when it was active. But apparently it was more dead than active. Room Owner was almost AFK the whole day, but I did get to chat with him when he got back but briefly. When chatty, the users were mostly friendly with good conversations. People were not spamming here at all which was a good sign. If room was more active and people did not AFK or lurk all the time, it would have been more enjoyable. Chats are not enjoyable when they are quiet.

Activity – 5
Conversations – 7
Friendliness – 7
Spamming – 9
Overall – 7
Moderators – Active

Flag Post
Originally posted by graveyard890:

Kakariko Village – Nice room when it was active. But apparently it was more dead than active. Room Owner was almost AFK the whole day, but I did get to chat with him when he got back but briefly. When chatty, the users were mostly friendly with good conversations. People were not spamming here at all which was a good sign. If room was more active and people did not AFK or lurk all the time, it would have been more enjoyable. Chats are not enjoyable when they are quiet.

Activity – 5
Conversations – 7
Friendliness – 7
Spamming – 9
Overall – 7
Moderators – Active

spamming 9? you said no spamming at all

Flag Post

I think it’s reverse? Where 10 is low and 1 is high…?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I think it’s reverse? Where 10 is low and 1 is high…?

Yes, because higher score = better room = less spamming.

Flag Post

Nowadays everybody spams.

Flag Post

Labyrinth – One word to describe this room. CRAZY! It was all over the place. Users here seemed to have been overhyped too. Chat rarely ever died it seemed like. The users may have been kind of nice to me and others, but they were bad at conversations. Lots of users would Roleplay. A lot of users would also talk in Caps. Some would even argue with each other. Since all of that would happen, there would also be spam a lot. It was just crazy, I couldn’t even keep up of what the users were doing here. It says they have 5 Room Mods, but I did not even see ANY of the room Mods here. Either the room Mods are inactive, or they moved to other rooms. But this room was alive and in the crazy kind of alive. If you are crazy, then join this room, because it may fit your style.

Activity – 7
Conversations – 3
Friendliness – 5
Spamming – 3
Overall – 4
Moderators – Inactive

Flag Post

Lamp Factory – This factory did not seem to be working as it was usually dead. The lamps all seemed to be turned off and no one seemed to be trying to fix them by chatting. At one point no one chatted for 7 consecutive hours. Some time during evening time there was a short conversation for 20 minutes and it was an average one and users were average too in terms of the way they acted. The room owner was on the whole day but never chatted once. I think he may have been AFK or lurking the whole day, as some Mods do that. Now I wonder, would anyone want to come fix the lamps in the factory to make the chat more active?

Activity – 2
Conversations – 5
Friendliness – 5
Spamming – 5
Overall – 3
Moderators – Low

Flag Post

Lantea – I never had such a weird experience in a room like this one. I was actually the oldest person in age apparently, and I am only 18. I met 10 underage users and all of them love to RP and this room was Roleplaying almost the whole day. I did not even meet anyone who could spell or use correct grammar(until around end of day). I also mentioned the word Mod and users got pissed and said NO MODS ALLOWED, THIS IS OUR FUN. Now I wonder why no Mods come here. I really do not think any Mods would enjoy it here either, since apparently the users would yell at any Mod that comes. So how will this room ever get a Mod? I have no idea…. Allthough even if the users were immature and young and some underage, they were not really mean to me much, except when I said the word “Mod”. They even tried to drag me into the RP at times too. Chat finally died for around an hour at night time and then finally some good users who did not RP came and I chatted with them for 30 minutes. Also the users would spam at times too and RPs could be innapropriate. Looks like this is the little kids room as those would be kinds of users who would enjoy rooms like this. This room needs to be saved, but it seems impossible. Hope a miracle can happen and it turns itself around to actually have conversations. I wish them goodluck.

Activity – 7
Conversations – 1
Friendliness – 4
Spamming – 2
Overall – 2
Moderators – None

Flag Post

graveyard, you viewed this room yesterday, right? You need to take into consideration as well that it was the weekend.

Flag Post

League of Gamers – This chat was somewhat similar to the last chat, except less active and users were a little bit more mature. Some users were nice, but they also had annoying users too who would talk about random things that sometimes were not that appropriate which also made the conversations dull. A few users ignored those annoying users which is good. A few users would also spam at times, but it was mostly the same users. I saw room owner on but he never chatted, was probably AFK I think. Chat here also was mostly dead around night time. Most of the activity was in mornings and afternoons. Most users did not seem to be gamers here unfortunately. If you are a gamer then you should come to this room to make it more like the room name again.

Activity – 4
Conversations – 3
Friendliness – 5
Spamming – 4
Overall – 4
Moderators – Low

Flag Post

Lepidopterists – Room was rather dead mostly but it could be chatty too. But usually when it was chatty, it did not stay that chatty long. Users were nice and friendly and seemed to have known each other for a while and would joke around with each other at times. They have 2 amazing Room Mods which you all should meet. There was a few spam early in morning but after that it was good. The only downside of this room is that it is more dead than chatty. If it was more chatty than dead it would be much much better. But I enjoyed this room and everyone else would too, if they come at the right time.

Activity – 4
Conversations – 7
Friendliness – 8
Spamming – 8
Overall – 7
Moderators – Active

Flag Post

all rooms are dead nowadays

Flag Post

graveyard, you viewed this room yesterday, right? You need to take into consideration as well that it was the weekend.

He does.

Also, the ‘Overall’ score isn’t an average. Otherwise Lantea would have had a 3.5 (either rounded up to a 4 or down to 3, not sure). He’s said previously that activity doesn’t count as much as the other scores because he’s aware school interferes with the Kong schedule of a lot of users and that weekends, some rooms are more active.

Originally posted by Rolby:

Generally, the further down the list you go the deader they get. But overall, rooms are a lot more quiet than they should be. I blame Game Chat being the default room for multiplayer games.

I get that the intention was to group lots of chatters who are playing the same game as a sort of support community, but it’d be better for the community in general if Room Chat was the default and Game Chat was a resource available to anyone who needs in-game help. They are just meant to be ‘temporary’ rooms anyway, but what we’ve seen already is the removal of some Kongregate chat rooms and the increase in multiplayer games/game chat.

Flag Post

Lunatic Pandora – Another room that was usually dead. Allthough I did see 2 Mods on, both Globals, 1 of them was the Room Owner for about 10 minutes at separate times but they never chatted. The users that did chat a few times all seemed to have been here for a very long time. They were mostly ok in what they chatted about. But they need to chat more if they want the room to be active.

Activity – 2
Conversations – 5
Friendliness – 5
Spamming – 5
Overall – 3
Moderators – Active

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stots:

He does.

Also, the ‘Overall’ score isn’t an average. Otherwise Lantea would have had a 3.5 (either rounded up to a 4 or down to 3, not sure). He’s said previously that activity doesn’t count as much as the other scores because he’s aware school interferes with the Kong schedule of a lot of users and that weekends, some rooms are more active.

Originally posted by Rolby:

Generally, the further down the list you go the deader they get. But overall, rooms are a lot more quiet than they should be. I blame Game Chat being the default room for multiplayer games.

I get that the intention was to group lots of chatters who are playing the same game as a sort of support community, but it’d be better for the community in general if Room Chat was the default and Game Chat was a resource available to anyone who needs in-game help. They are just meant to be ‘temporary’ rooms anyway, but what we’ve seen already is the removal of some Kongregate chat rooms and the increase in multiplayer games/game chat.

yea ikr kong should go back to the old thing. cuz then people saw chat and were like: hey im gonna talk. now they cant see it so they dont talk. kongs new chatroom tactic failed and they should make it like before

Flag Post

Malfunction – This room was right on average when it came to chatting. When it was chatty, a lot of users would chat, and they would chat for a while, like 2 hours of chatting. But when it was dead, it could also stay dead for 2 hours as well. It was on and off like that the whole day. They have a nice Room Owner who likes to start conversations himself too. In terms of friendliness, it was near average too, I was kind of ignored mostly, and a few users were argueing a bit with each other at times. But when they were having chatting when Room Owner was on, it was nice as conversations were ok. I did not see any spam here which is a good sign. A few users also told me a lot about how the room runs and what users I should watch out for. So I was a bit prepared early. I really did not see any malfunctions here at all!

Activity – 5
Conversations – 6
Friendliness – 4
Spamming – 9
Overall – 5
Moderators – Sorta Active

Flag Post

better for community in general != better for kong

i would suspect there’s an increase in multiplayer games’ user retention rates with users dumped into game chat rather than room chat. and users who continue to play multiplayer games are more likely to spend money.