Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Trending pod updates and centering iframe games

14 posts

Flag Post

We’ve made two minor changes to the trending pods. The first is that the game hover only shows up now when you hover over the game title or the game icon. The second is that you’ll now see user hovers when you’re hovering over a username or a user icon.

A week or so ago we also made the game frame bigger. Well that was showing too much padding towards the bottom for iframe games. So now if an iframe game is shorter or narrower than the game frame, we’ll try and center it as much as possible.

You can read more about these changes below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Fix direction of user hover arrow when there is not enough space on the right of the hover
  • If iframe games are shorter than our minimum game window, center game in the game frame
  • Add user hovers to trending pod
  • Only show game hover for game titles or game icons in the trending pod

Flag Post

I noticed this on Firefox in the trending screen. Refreshing did not fix.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LethalMutiny:

Thanks. We’re looking into that right now.

Flag Post

I just played a game. It now has scroll bars on the right and on the bottom. Before the update it didn’t have them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XEN0N:

I just played a game. It now has scroll bars on the right and on the bottom. Before the update it didn’t have them.

what’s the game?

Flag Post

It is this not-very-well-functioning game:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Schwiggy/indie-evolution

Edit: I have just tried loading a lot of games, but only seen the scroll bars on this game!

Flag Post

I’m guessing the game is actually a little bit bigger than 640 pixels wide. Try having the dev play around with the width and height they entered for the iframe. That should get rid of the scroll bars.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LethalMutiny:

I promise I didn’t mean to do it :(

Flag Post

If it’s there and it’s bothersome, open up the browser source editor, find the iframe properties and set > scrolling=“no” > bye bye scrollbars taking up space. :-)
Admittedly, it’s not good practice to have users fumble around in the page source, but it’s better than being stuck with bothersomeness.

I’ve been playing a game on Kong lately where the game itself actually has overlapping elements in the iframe because the frame simply isn’t wide enough to accommodate all in-game buttons, which end up floating over the in-game chat, making certain actions extremely tedious. (It only happens once your lvl is high enough to have unlocked all those buttons.) Had to write a script simply to make the gamescreen and iframe wider each time I visit that game. And no it’s not just happening to me, I’m guessing most people simply take the problem and accept it, while I got bored enough of it to fix it (for myself anyhoo). An easy workaround a lot of people have been using is set the browser to 10% zoom, but that blows up everything, I prefer to keep things neat. ^^
(http://www.kongregate.com/games/IGG_Games/dawn-of-darkness <= that one, in case anyone is interested)

Flag Post

That has happened with me since before this update on Swords & Potions 2. Simply minimizing and then maximizing the window has removes the bottom scrollbar for me though.

Flag Post

Display bug when searching:

It also breaks other stuff, like that the user links get replaced with an image.
Using Firefox.

Flag Post

We were having some server issues when we had our server updates this morning. Let me know if you’re still having issues now.

Flag Post

My chat is still broken.