Forums Kongregate

Sheep Happens now on App Store!

28 posts

Flag Post

I just got a message from the Devs of Sheep Happens and I am here to say that it is now on the App store in North America as of a few minutes ago. :D

Yes, this does mean new mobile badges! (Hence why I’m making a topic) :D

Also, first (At least on this region of the app) :3

It, alongside Tyrant Unleashed, should be on Android devices sometime in the near future as well.

Flag Post

Why does this means new mobile badges?
I thought they were tied to Kongregate Arcade.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

Why does this means new mobile badges?
I thought they were tied to Kongregate Arcade.

Some are in independent apps.

Flag Post

Great to see another IOS badge, keep them coming!

Due to Android’s lack of flash support (and my inability/unwillingness/laziness/insert-excuse-here) I can’t get any of the Kong Arcade badges – so it’s great to see them make their way onto the App Store.

I’ve noticed a few games on the site can be found on the App Store (Crush the Castle being one of them), do you think Kong would (at some point) see if the devs could integrate the Kong mobile API on the mobile games? Because from what it looks like, the App (for CtC in particular) offers a heap of unique levels. Just a thought.

And for bragging rights – even more first (from Australia)!

Flag Post

It’s not only in North America. I’m in Denmark and was able to find it in app store.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stots:

Great to see another IOS badge, keep them coming!

Due to Android’s lack of flash support (and my inability/unwillingness/laziness/insert-excuse-here) I can’t get any of the Kong Arcade badges – so it’s great to see them make their way onto the App Store.

You can still install Flash on Android and it’s pretty easy too.

Flag Post

Also – in case you haven’t seen the forum thread – Kong launched a $10 million mobile publishing fund in February.

This is the original thread

And this is an external article by Gamasutra on the program.

And here’s one on Yahoo about the mobile badges:

The five launch titles are Tyrant: Unleashed from Synapse Games, BloodRealm from co-developers RedPoint Labs and Making Fun, Sheep Happens from Lingplay, Endless Boss Fight from White Milk Games, and Cardinal Quest 2 from Randomnine Ltd. Tyrant is the first title set for release in July with the other games coming later this summer.

Bring it on!

Flag Post

App store? Is that only on specific mobiles? I got Sony Ericsson Xperia Play with play store but not app store

Flag Post
Originally posted by ivod:

App store? Is that only on specific mobiles? I got Sony Ericsson Xperia Play with play store but not app store

App store is for IOS devices (iPods, iPad, iPhone). Search for Kong Arcade in the Google Play store. However, badges haven’t been added since May last year.

And the Jellybean update removed flash support, so you’ll have to go about installing flash on your phone if you’ve updated it semi-recently.

Flag Post

Been there, done that:

Decided to grab it from the Australian store a couple days ago because I wasn’t sure how long it’d take to get released to the others. I believe I was the third person to get the medium badge on it, as I checked the all-time scores for distance and no one but two others who had gotten far enough had the medium badge.

Flag Post

Is Sheep Happens and ESCAPE available through BlueStacks? I found ESCAPE but cannot install it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Death_Sephiroth:

Is Sheep Happens and ESCAPE available through BlueStacks? I found ESCAPE but cannot install it.

Escape is on Android and Apple products, so it can be purchased (it costs $0.99 if I remember correctly), while Sheep Happens and Tyrant Unleashed are currently not on Android (though they’re free on Apple products), so they can’t be found with BlueStacks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Death_Sephiroth:

I found ESCAPE but cannot install it.

ESCAPE works on Bluestacks for sure as that’s how i got its badges when it came out.

Flag Post

Why are the buttons so small, this and tyrant both, my eyes can’t take it!

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrGravy:

I guess I didn’t notice that, I played on an iPad mini, and everything seemed to be sized perfectly for being able to see while not being a waste of space.

Flag Post

Okay…thanks 123.

Flag Post

Haha, yep, I noticed that for Tyrant, but Sheep happens was alright.

There was also a slight problem with the medium badge for me, just as a heads up. I had to defeat hermes 5 times and it still didn’t earn, until I got the achievement for beating him flawlessly (Which I think entails getting to him and beating him without ever losing the cape or being hit) Which ended up being a 10k plus run.

And lol:

Flag Post

The game will be coming to Android in the next few weeks, so don’t worry if you don’t have an iOS device but still want to play it.

Flag Post

There also seems to be a problem with the Tyrant Unleashed medium badge.
It gave me the badge (but not the points) at the same time as I got the easy badge.
I never got the points even after completing the task for the medium badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SimonDK:

There also seems to be a problem with the Tyrant Unleashed medium badge.
It gave me the badge (but not the points) at the same time as I got the easy badge.
I never got the points even after completing the task for the medium badge.

I just looked through your points history, it shows that you got both Tyrant Unleashed badges and the respective points correctly:

You somehow managed to get them in reverse order, though.

Flag Post

Heh that’s very plausible though, I had about 46 stars by the time I got the easy badge. Apparantly it counts every victory as a star, so you only need to really beat the first five levels 10 times.

Flag Post

ok :)
I’ve looked at my points history multiple times, but I never looked that far back.
Then I didn’t get the badges at the same time. I just thought I did, because I had both after I got the easy badge, and didn’t think I was anywhere near the medium 1.
The reason it took me that much longer to get the easy badge was, that I had somehow missed the battle mode, so I used the missions to stock up on money before beating level 11.

There’s still a problem with the medium badge, but it may just be that the text should say mission wins instead of stars.

Flag Post

So I tired Sheet Happens today and its pretty fun. Can’t wait for it come in the Android and Windows market.

Flag Post

Hey man, sometimes sheep happens…..

U see what I did there?

Flag Post

I agree, I cant even read the cards info in Tyrant. They are so tiny, especially when you go to edit your deck.