Forums Kongregate

Back to School, 36th Kongregate Gaming Tournament (Winner - BestMte!) (locked)

746 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the Back to School Tournament, the 36th Kongregate game tournament!

Yes, it’s that time of year already. Time to put away your summer toys and get out your textbooks. Do you have what it takes to graduate at the top of the class?

While I liked the idea of a no-elimination tournament, it seems that this can make people lose interest if they fall behind. So this tournament will be double elimination. If you are below the cutoff, you will be placed on “academic probation” for the rest of the tournament. If you are ever below the cutoff while on probation, you will be eliminated. The exact cutoffs for each round will depend on how many players sign up. I do NOT plan on having a redemption round.

Most of the standard rules apply. Screenshots must generally have the end screen and the daily high scores visible, along with the green plug and your name in the corner.
If you find a game-breaking glitch, or suspect another player of cheating, please tell me privately.

Qualifying round:
Everyone knows that to get into a good school, you need good grades, especially in math. Get a passing (non-F) score in DJManiax on “Cirno’s Perfect Math Class” (any difficulty) and submit a screenshot. In this case, since there is not an appropriate high score, have the chat tab visible. Example:

The qualifier ends Tuesday, September 10 at 8 PM CDT.

The link to the spreadsheet is here.

Flag Post

September 9, lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by randomboy839:

September 9, lol.

September 10. Oops. I may not be available on that Monday, so I meant to make it Tuesday.

Also, if someone wants to spreadsheet, let me know.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

oops

Flag Post

Gah, wasn’t gonna join this, but DJManiax is my weakness.

Flag Post

Flag Post

I’m not great with updating scores, but if you need help with spreadsheet formulas, I’ll be glad to break it open so I can fix it.

Flag Post

After starting college I pretty much stop participating in the last tourney (Sorry Blizz), so I’m hoping that I could maybe try to be competitive this tourney. I’ve been very successful in the past at getting good scores without playing much, so here’s hoping I could maybe do well this time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ceasar:
Originally posted by randomboy839:

September 9, lol.

September 10. Oops. I may not be available on that Monday, so I meant to make it Tuesday.

Also, if someone wants to spreadsheet, let me know.

Aww, why did you change it?

September 9 is Cirno day.

Edit: Hurr, I should read.

Flag Post

Flag Post

I’m not really into all that tournament stuff, but maybe i’ll give it a shot once.

Flag Post

This is not my thing, but I want in on this tournament.

Flag Post

That works.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Wow…the 36th gaming competition? I remember when I hosted like the 7th one…

Check out the game Pel. It was a mainstay in tournaments when I played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by googoolyeye:

Heheehee, I think we’re all familiar with Pel by now. :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by googoolyeye:

Oh, look who it is!

Flag Post

Flag Post

I’m not sure why, but I’m always getting a miss on one specific note. I even pressed the right key.

Edit: Still getting this problem. Is Cirno tricking me?
Edit: Not being able to figure out why, I couldn’t leave without getting 100%, so I got 100% in another Touhou-related song and left.

Flag Post

This is such a bad game for a tournament, but here’s my score.

Flag Post

Shitty score at my first try.

Flag Post

Waiting for the first 100% of cirno’s perfect math class on crazy with mouse.

Edit: Got it

Flag Post

A bit better.