Forums Kongregate

Moderator in Greek Channel

12 posts

Flag Post

Over many years now i watch the same story on the Greek channel. Lots of swearing,bullying, threats invoking-provoking others to do so also and make greek channel one of the most unwanted chat rooms to do so.
My inquiry is the following: When all these will end?
Do Kongregate community wants that behaviour?
Patience is more fading away slowly for most of us who accidentally join this room.

Flag Post

Contact support@kongregate.com and tell them who you think would be a good moderator for the Greek room(s).

Flag Post

That brings up a good point, how can that Greek room for example ever get Mods if there is no Greek Mod to recognize them and even if a user emails a list of some users that can be Mods… how will admins know they can be good mods if they dont speak Greek?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LakeSnow:

That brings up a good point, how can that Greek room for example ever get Mods if there is no Greek Mod to recognize them and even if a user emails a list of some users that can be Mods… how will admins know they can be good mods if they dont speak Greek?

It makes the process more difficult, but it’s still doable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Hows it still doable?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Hows it still doable?

translate.google.com

Flag Post

So the Admins are forced to use google translate to watch foreign language rooms if they want to see if a nominee can be a good candidate? or if rooms like the Greek one dont have any Mods, they have to watch their chat in English with google translate?

Flag Post

So the Admins are forced to use google translate to watch foreign language rooms if they want to see if a nominee can be a good candidate? or if rooms like the Greek one dont have any Mods, they have to watch their chat in English with google translate?

This isn’t really anything we should be concerned about.

Flag Post

I’m guessing they could watch the said user’s behavior in the site. For example, if they’ve been active in English rooms, or if they have been posting on the forums, they could get a general idea about the user’s behavior.

(It’s not reliable, but it’s something.)

Flag Post

Happy New Year everyone! Well, I think that the Admins just need more time to find the right person, which is not easy at all. I also believe that since the bad situation in the Greek chatroom has already been pointed out it’s obvious that several actions will be taken about this issue as well :)

Flag Post

There are lots of rooms with no moderators, even English ones. It gets annoying having to modcall all the time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

There are lots of rooms with no moderators, even English ones. It gets annoying having to modcall all the time.

Yes, so we either need to get more mods, or get rid of some of the chat rooms.