Forums Kongregate

We Need New Badges...

51 posts

Flag Post

We Need New Badges, As I Have Seen Many Great New Games Come Out, And Not Enough Badges To Keep Up. Here Are Some Games That Should Be Badged:
10 Is Again
Kingdom Rush Frontiers
Road Of Fury
CrashTV
Deadly Gambling
L.I.F.E
Idle Mine (Once API Is Fixed)
Crash Drive 2
Dino Run: Enter Planet D
Space Is Key Hell

There Are Many Games To Badge, But No Badges Have Been Coming Our Way Recently.

Flag Post

Although I definitely agree, I don’t think we’ll be getting any today. I’m assuming Greg is on vacation or something, hasn’t logged in since the 30th of December. Since he’s the only badge dude now, I dunno if we’ll get any any time soon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyNameIsNothing:

Although I definitely agree, I don’t think we’ll be getting any today. I’m assuming Greg is on vacation or something, hasn’t logged in since the 30th of December. Since he’s the only badge dude now, I dunno if we’ll get any any time soon.

Really? If Greg Does Not Return Then What Will Happen Then?

Flag Post

Greg will return (it is his job after all), it is just a matter of when. Hopefully he makes up for lost time by badging a lot of worthy games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bentheboom:

We Need New Badges, As I Have Seen Many Great New Games Come Out, And Not Enough Badges To Keep Up. Here Are Some Games That Should Be Badged:
10 Is Again
Kingdom Rush Frontiers
Road Of Fury
CrashTV
Deadly Gambling
L.I.F.E
Idle Mine (Once API Is Fixed)
Crash Drive 2
Dino Run: Enter Planet D
Space Is Key Hell

There Are Many Games To Badge, But No Badges Have Been Coming Our Way Recently.

Agreed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by braves055:

Greg will return (it is his job after all), it is just a matter of when. Hopefully he makes up for lost time by badging a lot of worthy games.

Yeah, Hope He Returns Soon.
And When He Does, Hopefully Some Of These Great Games Will Be Badged!

Flag Post

First of all: Greg, you have deserved your vacation!

I do not want to be fussy but is there no vacation replacement plan or smth.?
In my company there is at least one representative for the single jobs. Those are by far not as good or efficient as the original personal but at least a minimum of work is done.

Flag Post

Even if Greg didn’t return they would just get some job apps out for his place and there would be new badge people in a few days

Flag Post
Originally posted by Irgso:

First of all: Greg, you have deserved your vacation!

I do not want to be fussy but is there no vacation replacement plan or smth.?
In my company there is at least one representative for the single jobs. Those are by far not as good or efficient as the original personal but at least a minimum of work is done.

Right on. If he is on vacation, then they should have planned ahead. He could have made the made the badges prior to his leaving and then they could have activated them like normal on Friday.

It seems Kong has good ideas but then they decide to stop working on them.

Remember challenges? Started off with prizes, then Kongai cards and then points. (Now nothing).

Quests? During the Yo Dawg quest they mentioned that they would be doing quests more often. Now nothing. I’m sure we will eventually get a Best of ’13 quest.

Badges used to be released at a pretty decent rate. Lately, there have been very few (and since Greg has been on vacation, there has been nothing). There are plenty of good games (both old and new) that could be badges, but the rate of new badges is excruciatingly slow.

Flag Post

Snail Bob 6 was Kongregates final badge.

Flag Post

Do you know what’s not going to help to get new badges? Complaining about how we need new badges.

Greg and rawismojo will be back soonish. I’m sure they will be busy once they return. Go earn some older badges while you are waiting. Patience is a virtue.

Flag Post

Didn’t Raw move on from badging games?

Flag Post

Greg is awful

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyroze:

The fact of the matter is that this is a business, and they are running it poorly.

People can make excuses all they want and tell others to “earn some older badges” but all that sounds like to me is “go to a website that actually produces regular content for its visitors.”

Well said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyroze:

People can make excuses all they want and tell others to “earn some older badges” but all that sounds like to me is “go to a website that actually produces regular content for its visitors.”

If you were going to leave you would have left already.

I’ll also point out that there’s been a ton of good games added to Kongregate during the badge lull, and there’s no reason not to pre-earn the inevitable Kingdom Rush Frontiers, Battalion Commander 2, 10 is Again, and Into Space 3 badges and the potential Valthirian Arc 2 badges, as well as playing any other new game you think might be good. There’s no lack of new content, just a lack of badges for that content.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Moved on to do what?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dee4life:
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Moved on to do what?

He only does mobile gaming now

Flag Post

Badgeing is the main thing that makes me come back to Kong (besides the community), and there seems to be a lot of slacking going on.

Flag Post

After 4 years here I gave up. Moved to NG. It’s been slowly declining ever since GS bought Kong until it’s reached…what you see today. I come back every few days just to check up but, its been..2 weeks? without a badge, and only a handful in the last few months.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JSilvis:

It’s been slowly declining ever since GS bought Kong

k bye

Flag Post

After 4 years here I gave up. Moved to NG. It’s been slowly declining ever since GS bought Kong until it’s reached…what you see today. I come back every few days just to check up but, its been..2 weeks? without a badge, and only a handful in the last few months.

Gamestop has nothing to do with anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Gamestop has nothing to do with anything.

I love how people automatically blame Gamestop. If anything, Gamestop made Kong even better. Without it, its funding would be pretty bad I imagine.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I don’t know what Greg does, but gamestop should either fire Greg or hire a new badge-maker like (I forgot his name, he made all those badge suggestions before), in order to save kongregate… Seriously, it’d lose quite a few players who are online often because they don’t badge games/badge the wrong games.

It’s horrible!

Flag Post

Greg is back \o/

hire a new badge-maker like (I forgot his name, he made all those badge suggestions before)

Precarious