Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] TBAC - GAME OVER: Shawn wins round system

747 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the thirty-eighth official Kongregate tournament, TBAC, hosted by Bluji. Blizzard2000 and Precarious will be co-hosting the tourney.

The tournament consists of two parts: the round system and the badge system. We’ve put a lot of effort in both parts of the tourney, so I hope you guys appreciate it and join and play actively. Both parts of the tournament take place right here in this thread.

Flag Post

Table of contents

All relevant links will be found here. I will not be including links to the starting posts, since you can just scroll down.

Flag Post

Rules

Since this is a flash gaming tournament, you are required to post proof of your accomplishments to be able to move forward in the competition. After the 7-day qualifying round, five rounds follow: round one, which lasts 6 days; rounds two, three and four, which last 7 days; and the finals, which last 10 days. This makes the whole length of the tournament to be 44 days, if all goes to plan.

Rounds one to four will each feature three games, with each round following a theme (specified later). Based on scores, the players will be ranked and given points based on that ranking. Your total score in each round (excluding the finals) will only include your two best rankings, meaning you can skip one game fully if you feel confident enough. In the finals round there are five games and your total score will consists of your four best rankings, meaning you can skip one game. At the end of each round, a number of players will be eliminated from the competition.

THERE IS NO REDEMPTION ROUND PLANNED, AND IT IS UNLIKELY ONE WILL HAPPEN.

Each round requires you to post a score earned during the round. The screenies posted must include the following:

• The requested in-game score
  • A matching score in ‘today’ tab of Kongregate highscores with the heading of the tab included (if it’s not possible to have both your username and the heading in the same screenie, take two screenies with one showing your name, one showing the heading). All games might not include the Kong highscores, but all games will include some sort of highscores. Instructions for games without Kong highscores will be specified later.
  • The green or yellow plug with your Kongregate username at the top corner of the grey chat window.
  • A fully visible game window, with no editing.

The finals round will most likely require video proof for all games you play. This is yet to be decided, but it is very likely.

The tournament also includes a badge system, including 39 un- or underbadged games our hosting team has picked. Not all of the picked games include the Kongregate highscores, but we will also include instructions for each badge game when their time comes. You can earn the badges from the badge games until the very end of the competition (day 44, the final day of the finals) — and even after you’re eliminated from the round system!

You are not allowed to cheat in any way, or publicly accuse or attack anyone in this thread (or any other place, in that matter). Using outside tools counts as cheating.

If you want to play using an alternate account, please inform me.

Contact me or one of the co-hosts, if:

• You suspect another player broke the rules
  • You found an exploitable glitch in a game or want to request a game change (provide good reasoning for the game change request)
  • You want to suggest a game to use

Most importantly, don’t take a straight-laced attitude — have fun!

Winners and Prizes

This tournament will contain two winners. The first winner is the person who makes it to the finals and gains the most points there, aka the person who wins the round system. This person will gain the title of The Round System Conquerer.

In addition, the person to gain the most points overall (all numbered rounds + badge system) will gain the title of The Best Achiever — the title that named the original TBA. So, don’t forget the badge system!

At the moment, we have been able to gather the following prizes:

• 200 Kreds (thanks to Benjie007)
  • several computer games, including Amnesia: Dark Descent, Braid and Super Meat Boy (thanks to MaistlinRajere — PM me if you want the full list)

Round system 1st place: 75 Kreds and two games
Round system 2nd place: 25 Kreds and two games
Round system 3rd place: 25 Kreds and one game
Round system 4th, 5th and 6th places: one game
Whole tournament (round+badge) 1st place: 75 Kreds and two games
Getting all the badges: one game

If you have any questions, feel free to throw me a private message!

Flag Post

Badge System

As mentioned, the tournament’s big thing is the badge system. For the first 39 days of the tournament, a new badge game will be revealed every day. The badge games have been divided into smaller themes, which vary from short two-day themes to longer seven-day themes. We’ve got a great variety of games and I truly hope you actively earn these. I will every day post the new badges in the thread and then add the post’s link here to give you a nice index on the badges.

EASY QUALIFICATION
Day 1: Color Theory (EM, 20p)
Day 2: Twelve O (EH, 35p)
Day 3: Canabolt (E, 5p)
Day 4: Flying Candy (M, 15p)
Day 5: Chat Noir (E, 5p)
Day 6: Bars of Black and White (E, 5p)
Day 7: Exit Path (M, 15p)

BLU’S FAVOURITES
Day 8: Up Down Ready (MH, 45p)
Day 9: Bush Whacker 2 (EM, 20p)

OLD FRIDAY CHALLENGES
Day 10: Abobo’s Big Adventure (EMHI, 110p)
Day 11: Pheus and Mor (M, 15p)

MY BULLET COLLECTION
Day 12: Canyon Defense (EMMH, 65p)
Day 13: From the Black (EMHI, 110p)

PLATFORMER GLORY / PLATFORMER HELL
Day 14: Gem Cave Adventure (EMHH, 80p)
Day 15: CP6 (EMH, 50p)
Day 16: Tealy and Orangey (EH, 35p)
Day 17: Mr. Bree – Returning Home (EMHI, 110p)
Day 18: The Gentleman (EHH, 65p)
Day 19: Tower of Heaven (MH, 45p)
Day 20: Tiny Hawk (EMH, 50p)

BLIZZ’S FAVOURITES
Day 21: Bullet Maze (EMI, 80p)
Day 22: Give Up, Robot (EHI, 95p)

Flag Post

Qualifier / Day 1

To get into this tournament, you need to complete at least one of the qualifying tasks (any one of the badges) before the deadline 1/11, 4:00 PM, UTC+2. The first seven games of the badge system work as the qualifying tasks, so you’ll have seven different possibilities to get in. To make this easy for you guys, the theme of the first week is easy qualification, meaning some of the easier games have been located here.

The first game chosen is Color Theory, a nice puzzle platformer. There’s nothing too difficult here, so it fits well on the first week. The badges you can earn are:

The Grand Flip Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Complete level 8
[ ] Level 8 completed

RGB Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete all 30 levels
[ ] All 30 levels completed

Here’s an example screenshot, worth 20 points.

You may also take a screenie of the main menu showing a text box celebrating your success after completing level 30, if you happen to miss this screenie.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet.

I’m desperately looking for spreadsheeters! PM me your email address if you’re interested to be added to the sheet!

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Yay, a new contest. :-)

On a side note, this is now my 25th contest I’ve been in in a row. Of those 25 contests, I’ve reached the top 10 just once. Still enjoy it though.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

My reaction times are suck.

Flag Post

This tournament looks great. Unfortunately, I’m likely to be unavailable during the first round. Good luck to all participants!

Flag Post

Flag Post

And if you need spreadsheeters…

Flag Post

Flag Post

I hope it is not a problem that I blured the chat. I did not notice it before taking the screenshot.

Flag Post

At least on this one I didn’t miss the 1-day deadline…

Flag Post

1-day deadline? There’s no 1-day deadline. The badges last until the end of the tourney.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

1-day deadline? There’s no 1-day deadline. The badges last until the end of the tourney.

That was about another competition.

Flag Post

That’d be my entry.

@Blizzard: So, if I miss the daily badge a couple days I can get them and their points later in the tourney?

Flag Post
Originally posted by rAtolIBRe1:

@Blizzard: So, if I miss the daily badge a couple days I can get them and their points later in the tourney?

Correct.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post