Forums Kongregate

Where are the donations buttons?

6 posts

Flag Post

I remember many years ago, before this overhaul, three pictures of black money bags being somewhere on the right side of the page when a game is loaded (underneath chat). These had three different amounts of kreds that you could donate to the game developer? Where have these important donation links gone?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pertokeyo:

I remember many years ago, before this overhaul, three pictures of black money bags being somewhere on the right side of the page when a game is loaded (underneath chat). These had three different amounts of kreds that you could donate to the game developer? Where have these important donation links gone?

The Last Word Sums It Up.

Flag Post

They were removed, because the only developers who deserve money are those who churn out low-quality premium-heavy facebook "mmo"s or the-same-thing-yet-again series.

Flag Post

Now the only way to get donation seems to be adding some kred items “donate me X kreds” in the game

Flag Post

If I remember correctly, there was a way to commit kred fraud through those donation links, so they had to be removed.

Flag Post

Tricky made a thread about this some time ago about the matter -

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/307728-ending-the-tipping-program

You can still donate to devs via paypal if the provide the necessary information.

But yeah, the system wasn’t used often and a large percentage of the tips recieved were fraudulent.