Forums Kongregate

Upcoming Badges! [Suggest new badges here] page 51

5655 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by back900:
Originally posted by Bluji:

Papa’s Cupcakeria, as despised as it might be, is at the rating of 3.95, which is well high enough for badges. I’m suggesting the following two badges for the game:

Cupcake 101 Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Reach rank 3, Tray Cleaner
[ ] Rank 3 reached

No More ‘Snakes on a Cake’ Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Unlock all St. Patrick’s Day toppings
[ ] All St. Patrick’s Day toppings unlocked

I agree that it is high enough for badges and even though the genre has haters I feel it still should be given badges.

Here’s a haiku on how i feel about this:
no no no no no
no no no no no no no
no no no no no

Flag Post

If it meets the requirements, so be it. That’s why they’re there, to not cloud badge making with personal opinions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ADV0CATUS:

If it meets the requirements, so be it. That’s why they’re there, to not cloud badge making with personal opinions.

I call this bullshit, just because not all games above 3.8 are badged.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Not all games above 3.8 rating have Kongregate API,
and some developers refuse to implement it.

Flag Post

The rating already expresses personal opinions, doesn’t it? Cupcakeria was a bit bugged last time I checked (I think), otherwise it’s a great game :-) (Don’t badge Pastaria though)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Not all games above 3.8 rating have Kongregate API,
and some developers refuse to implement it.

back900, your point is invalid:

Originally posted by Pulsaris, now edited by Funnykidsc:

I call this bullshit, just because not all games above 3.8 with Kongregate API are badged.

Originally posted by Kadleon:

(Don’t badge Pastaria though)

What about Donuteria?

Flag Post

I made a mistake with the badge suggestions for Cupcakeria, the medium is too long. I think that Springtime for Papa with the task of reaching Spring works for a medium well enough.

Also, I do think that if Donuteria comes to Kong, it should get badges if the rating is high enough. It’s far better than Pastaria. And to talk about Cupcakeria, it simply does not have anything that would prevent it from getting badged. So shut up about it and eat your cupcake.

Edit: Oh, and the reason why some games with 3.8+ rating and API aren’t badged might be that they don’t have a good enough API. I can assure you that this is not the issue with Cupcakeria.

Flag Post

There are plenty of games above 3.8 rating with API just Greg doesn’t have all the time in the world to play them and decide on badges.
That is why more recent games and those that get mentioned by the community with badge suggestions are more likely to get badged like Cupcakeria is atm.
Donuteria is currently on Kong but if it has high enough rating then it is worthy of badges.
Pasteria like Kad says doesn’t deserve badges and the community agree hence it has lower than 3.8 rating.

Flag Post

A lot of games with high ratings have faulty API integration. The games in the Submachine series come to mind.

Flag Post

Yeah, I can confirm that these badges would be good for Cupcakeria.

Cupcake 101 Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Reach rank 3
[ ] Rank 3 reached

Springtime for Papa Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Reach the wonderful season of spring
[ ] Spring reached — You need to reach rank 11 to get this badge.

Flag Post

Don’t you guys feel like the “Papa’s” games have gotten enough badges? :S
It gets really stale really fast when each game is so closely similar.

Except Jacksmith, I enjoyed that one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Don’t you guys feel like the “Papa’s” games have gotten enough badges? :S
It gets really stale really fast when each game is so closely similar.

This one (supposedly – haven’t checked) meets the requirements. The whole point of the requirements is to prevent this exact situation: bias.

Flag Post

My suggestions for Solarmax 2:
Easy Badge – 50 planets colonized
Medium Badge – All 36 levels? Haven’t finished game yet and not sure how difficult it is on easy difficulty
Hard Badge – All 108 Stars

Flag Post

My suggestions for Solarmax 2:
Easy Badge – 50 planets colonized
Medium Badge – All 36 levels? Haven’t finished game yet and not sure how difficult it is on easy difficulty
Hard Badge – All 108 Stars

it can be difficult toward the end even on easy. using the slowest mode possible is pretty much the only way to handle the black ships.

Flag Post

Dat sudden Cardinal Quest 2 imp

Also, it’d be nice to have an update here and hear greg’s opinion on Cupcakeria.

Flag Post

Okay, contrary to the spirit of this thread, rawismojo just added badges to Cardinal Quest 2, and I just put up a completion badge in The Valley Rule. Looking at Solarmax 2 tomorrow.

Originally posted by Bluji:

Also, it’d be nice to have an update here and hear greg’s opinion on Cupcakeria.

It seems familiar…

Flag Post

The badge for The Valley Rule doesn’t seem to be awarding for me, not sure about anyone else because no-one else seems to have finished it yet. Haven’t had any connection problems.
http://i.imgur.com/RF5oTOr.png

Flag Post

I’m a not looking forward to doing that reverse stair again…

Flag Post

Sorry guys! It’s definitely broken, but I think I can fix it. Hang tight. But you will need to complete the game again, sorry. :(

Edit: The problem is that the developer mislabeled the statistic name. If I can get the correct name of the statistic, I can fix the badge very easily. But I need to personally beat the game again to find out what the exact name of the statistic is. If anyone can complete the game with the /?debug_level=4 console up and see what the exact name of the statistic is, that would save me a ton of trouble, but otherwise I’ll have to do this first thing after dinner. The statistic is currently labeled as “Final Door,” but that’s wrong. It’s probably something like FinalDoor or The Final Door, or something similar enough that I thought they were the same, but it’s not actually the same. Annoying! Anyway, will be fixed tonight either way…

Flag Post
Originally posted by greg:

But you will need to complete the game again, sorry. :(

Ugh. While the overall game was good, parts of it were quite annoying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Funnykidsc:
Originally posted by greg:

But you will need to complete the game again, sorry. :(

Ugh. While the overall game was good, parts of it were quite annoying.

If it’s any consolation, I need to personally beat it again too, and I won’t get the badge unless I beat it a third time.

Flag Post

I assume a missing achievement report with the ending screen (like LouWeed’s screenshot) will be sufficient?

Flag Post

I assume a missing achievement report with the ending screen (like LouWeed’s screenshot) will be sufficient?

That’s what I did
Greg, at least let us know if those screenshots will be accepted, so we don’t wait in vain.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maritos:

That’s what I did
Greg, at least let us know if those screenshots will be accepted, so we don’t wait in vain.

Yes, I actually just emailed the team that awards missing badges to let them know that this one is broken and that they should be extra lenient with missing badge reports, but I’ll just award them all myself as soon as I get this fixed.

Flag Post

It seems to be fixed now. Or at least I was able to get it playing on the debug=4 screen.