Forums Kongregate

Upcoming Badges! page 51

2376 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by greg:

Quick completion badge up for My Friend Pedro. It’s kind of between easy and medium.

War of Omens is getting badges tomorrow, and Solarmax 2 is on the list after that.

Originally posted by CowFriend:

The game already has badges though…

I know that, I’m just saying that it could have an easy badge. It’s not that rare for a game to be badged after the initial batch.

Yeah, I’ll probably put up an easy badge for coins tomorrow. I wasn’t expecting the medium badge to be earned so little.

How about the “Riches out of this world” badge?

Flag Post

I was surprised with how much I enjoyed My Friend Pedro. Medium was probably the right call.

Flag Post

What’s the scoop on badges for Tiny Dice Dungeon? (Mobile game)

Flag Post

Bug: My Friend Pedro does not appear in the Recently Badged Games section.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Bug: My Friend Pedro does not appear in the Recently Badged Games section.

I slightly remember Greg has said this isn’t his jurisdiction…. but it’s also not on the front page.

Flag Post

- Running Fred will get some badges. Probably a medium for completing the manor and a hard for getting a good score in survival mode. The developer has suggested 5k in easy mode, 3.5k in medium, 2.5k in hard OR 1k in nightmare. Basically you pick your difficulty and meet this requirement for the hard badge. Please play the game and let me know if you find these numbers sound reasonable!

Is this going to happen or are you waiting for some more feedback?
I think Prec basically summed this game up very well.
Personally I think the hard badge should just be for a distance in Nightmare mode for something between 800-1000m.
Hope badges come soon, keep up the good work Greg :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by back900:

- Running Fred will get some badges. Probably a medium for completing the manor and a hard for getting a good score in survival mode. The developer has suggested 5k in easy mode, 3.5k in medium, 2.5k in hard OR 1k in nightmare. Basically you pick your difficulty and meet this requirement for the hard badge. Please play the game and let me know if you find these numbers sound reasonable!

Is this going to happen or are you waiting for some more feedback?
I think Prec basically summed this game up very well.
Personally I think the hard badge should just be for a distance in Nightmare mode for something between 800-1000m.
Hope badges come soon, keep up the good work Greg :)

My 2 cents for the game. I tried numerous times on the easy mode and barely made 4700 something. I guess 5k is feasible, but on the harder side of hard badges.

Flag Post

Papa’s Cupcakeria, as despised as it might be, is at the rating of 3.95, which is well high enough for badges. I’m suggesting the following two badges for the game:

Cupcake 101 Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Reach rank 3, Tray Cleaner
[ ] Rank 3 reached

No More ‘Snakes on a Cake’ Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Unlock all St. Patrick’s Day toppings
[ ] All St. Patrick’s Day toppings unlocked

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Papa’s Cupcakeria, as despised as it might be, is at the rating of 3.95, which is well high enough for badges. I’m suggesting the following two badges for the game:

[ ] Rank 3 reached

I agree that it is high enough for badges and even though the genre has haters I feel it still should be given badges.

Flag Post

[ ] Rank 3 reached

I agree that it is high enough for badges and even though the genre has haters I feel it still should be given badges.

Here’s a haiku on how i feel about this:
no no no no no
no no no no no no no
no no no no no

Flag Post

If it meets the requirements, so be it. That’s why they’re there, to not cloud badge making with personal opinions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ADV0CATUS:

If it meets the requirements, so be it. That’s why they’re there, to not cloud badge making with personal opinions.

I call this bullshit, just because not all games above 3.8 are badged.

Flag Post

Not all games above 3.8 rating have Kongregate API,
and some developers refuse to implement it.

Flag Post

The rating already expresses personal opinions, doesn’t it? Cupcakeria was a bit bugged last time I checked (I think), otherwise it’s a great game :-) (Don’t badge Pastaria though)

Flag Post

Not all games above 3.8 rating have Kongregate API,
and some developers refuse to implement it.

back900, your point is invalid:

Originally posted by Pulsaris, now edited by Funnykidsc:

I call this bullshit, just because not all games above 3.8 with Kongregate API are badged.

Originally posted by Kadleon:

(Don’t badge Pastaria though)

What about Donuteria?

Flag Post

I made a mistake with the badge suggestions for Cupcakeria, the medium is too long. I think that Springtime for Papa with the task of reaching Spring works for a medium well enough.

Also, I do think that if Donuteria comes to Kong, it should get badges if the rating is high enough. It’s far better than Pastaria. And to talk about Cupcakeria, it simply does not have anything that would prevent it from getting badged. So shut up about it and eat your cupcake.

Edit: Oh, and the reason why some games with 3.8+ rating and API aren’t badged might be that they don’t have a good enough API. I can assure you that this is not the issue with Cupcakeria.

Flag Post

There are plenty of games above 3.8 rating with API just Greg doesn’t have all the time in the world to play them and decide on badges.
That is why more recent games and those that get mentioned by the community with badge suggestions are more likely to get badged like Cupcakeria is atm.
Donuteria is currently on Kong but if it has high enough rating then it is worthy of badges.
Pasteria like Kad says doesn’t deserve badges and the community agree hence it has lower than 3.8 rating.

Flag Post

A lot of games with high ratings have faulty API integration. The games in the Submachine series come to mind.

Flag Post

Yeah, I can confirm that these badges would be good for Cupcakeria.

Reach rank 3
[ ] Rank 3 reached

Springtime for Papa Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Reach the wonderful season of spring
[ ] Spring reached — You need to reach rank 11 to get this badge.

Flag Post

Don’t you guys feel like the “Papa’s” games have gotten enough badges? :S
It gets really stale really fast when each game is so closely similar.

Except Jacksmith, I enjoyed that one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Don’t you guys feel like the “Papa’s” games have gotten enough badges? :S
It gets really stale really fast when each game is so closely similar.

This one (supposedly – haven’t checked) meets the requirements. The whole point of the requirements is to prevent this exact situation: bias.

Flag Post

My suggestions for Solarmax 2:
Easy Badge – 50 planets colonized
Medium Badge – All 36 levels? Haven’t finished game yet and not sure how difficult it is on easy difficulty
Hard Badge – All 108 Stars

Flag Post

My suggestions for Solarmax 2:
Easy Badge – 50 planets colonized
Medium Badge – All 36 levels? Haven’t finished game yet and not sure how difficult it is on easy difficulty
Hard Badge – All 108 Stars

it can be difficult toward the end even on easy. using the slowest mode possible is pretty much the only way to handle the black ships.

Flag Post

Dat sudden Cardinal Quest 2 imp

Also, it’d be nice to have an update here and hear greg’s opinion on Cupcakeria.

Flag Post

Okay, contrary to the spirit of this thread, rawismojo just added badges to Cardinal Quest 2, and I just put up a completion badge in The Valley Rule. Looking at Solarmax 2 tomorrow.

Also, it’d be nice to have an update here and hear greg’s opinion on Cupcakeria.

It seems familiar…