Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Team @ WhatPulse page 453

11475 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sellyme:

Constant disk writes have also been fixed.

Just a few more bugs to catch and 2.0.2 will be pushed out.

Awesome! This is what I’ve been looking forward to the most.

Flag Post

is 2.0.2 worth it?

Flag Post

Okay, so I have an account, the app and stuff, but I can’t log in nor did I get my verifying e-mail. What’s wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Give me a moment and I’ll join Kongpulse.

Flag Post

I just rejoined.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Okay, so I have an account, the app and stuff, but I can’t log in nor did I get my verifying e-mail. What’s wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Give me a moment and I’ll join Kongpulse.

Originally posted by JayZeeM50one:

I just rejoined.

Welcome, and welcome back!

2.0.2 is definitely worth it, imo. Way less disk usage, it doesn’t have the issue that caused it to crash after sleep/hibernation, and for me, it has been as stable as a brick since I installed it (whereas all the other 2.0 clients crashed infrequently). It also records uptime properly (2.0.1 was about 1% out), and application and system network data now use the same hook, so they don’t have any disparity.

Also, Kongregate is currently #3 by upload; but I think we can do better than that. Everyone pull out your torrent clients and seed! :D

Flag Post

The upload/download cap-thingy doesn’t work on my computer. :-/

It’s not compatible.

Flag Post

So I have installed 2.0.1, and installed WinPcap now, but my upload/download thing doesn’t work. :(

However, I’ve since increased the keycount by 4000! :)

Flag Post

Made a pulse of about 360,000 keys and decided to update. I’m a little sad that the mouse distance stat is now gone, since I had about 370km of movement, I think (this last pulse was going to be about 10km itself), but I suppose it wasn’t necessary or liked by many. I guess now it’s time to see how the uploads/downloads works out for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

The upload/download cap-thingy doesn’t work on my computer. :-/

It’s not compatible.

What do you mean it’s not compatible? o.0

What OS do you run?

So I have installed 2.0.1, and installed WinPcap now, but my upload/download thing doesn’t work. :(

However, I’ve since increased the keycount by 4000! :)

Try updating to 2.0.2 and/or rebooting. That should get your bandwidth to work.

Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Made a pulse of about 360,000 keys and decided to update. I’m a little sad that the mouse distance stat is now gone, since I had about 370km of movement, I think (this last pulse was going to be about 10km itself), but I suppose it wasn’t necessary or liked by many. I guess now it’s time to see how the uploads/downloads works out for me.

Miles were removed mostly because they were really buggy, and could be cheated incredibly easily (even unintentionally!). That made the stats for miles completely useless, so there was no point in keeping them. Shame, but the new stats are way better.

Flag Post

It doesn’t work with Windows 8.

Flag Post

I just rejoined.

Welcome back! And welcome to hamuka, is WhatPulse working for you now?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

I just rejoined.

Yes, it is :) Working on a bigger pulse now, currently 70,000 keys and 543 MB downloaded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

I just rejoined.

Yes, it is :) Working on a bigger pulse now, currently 70,000 keys and 543 MB downloaded.

ONLY 543 O_O

Flag Post

How do you guys manage to upload TB? Madness.

Flag Post

My up/down is not working STILL and I can’t pulse any more.

Flag Post

It doesn’t count keys/clicks when I’m offline. Is that intentional?

Also, it’s incompatible with Tor.

Flag Post

96k pulse sent yesterday.

Flag Post
Originally posted by resterman:

How do you guys manage to upload TB? Madness.

Seedboxes, probably. Although if you live in Europe with cheap 30Mbps upload speeds, it’d be easy. I average 6-7GB uploaded a day on my shitty 1Mbps upload speed. With European speeds you could hit 1TB in a week.

Flag Post

So, I just checked on Kongpulse after 5 months, when I thought I’d sign up to it. I was shocked to see… that absolutely nothing was changed. The next H2H battles are due in 3 days according to the timer. So I’d like to ask; what happened? Why is it so dead?

Flag Post

KongPulse was shut down (basically, put on indefinite hiatus) a few months ago because none of the editors (myself included) had any time available to work on maintaining it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

KongPulse was shut down (basically, put on indefinite hiatus) a few months ago because none of the editors (myself included) had any time available to work on maintaining it.

D’oh. :c Will you have enough time in summer?

Flag Post

Kongpulse had a good run, but I doubt it’ll recover. I stopped paying for kongpulse.com when it expired, it’d be a waste of money to renew it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

D’oh. :c Will you have enough time in summer?

I personally won’t (as that’s when I’ll start working full-time), but I can’t speak for anyone else.

Flag Post

I hate the New WhatPulse look. Very shit and very confusing and I don’t know the email of my account so I had to create a new one :(

Flag Post

Sorry, I am with the Jiggmin Team.

:)