Forums Kongregate

Badge Team (Suggestion admin please read)

24 posts

Flag Post

There should be a team of memebrs called the badge team because theres not many badges or badge updates and the badge team could make some badges for kongregate Please Take This into thought.

Thanks Seanm07

Flag Post

oh i just realised that sorry im new to the forum even thought ive been playing kongregate a long time ill go post it in there

Flag Post

That job is already taken by Greg, and doing this would render him useless.

Flag Post

Greg picks moderators. He still has a job.

Flag Post

So, Severe, you’re saying we should make a team to choose mods as well? :P

Flag Post

You should learn how to read, DeadlyMan. That’s clearly not what SevereFlame is saying.

Flag Post

the “:P” indicates that he’s joking. >>

also, to suggest something you might try the “feedback” link at the top. you might try emailing it to feedback@kongregate.com as well.

Flag Post

You should learn how to read, DeadlyMan. That’s clearly not what SevereFlame is saying.

True dat. By the way, why doesn’t Portal have a badge yet? I just checked today. It has API. And it won a contest. And it ranks highest in Puzzle. I think (Though 3D Logic 2 may be ahead of it)

Flag Post

True dat. By the way, why doesn’t Portal have a badge yet? I just checked today. It has API. And it won a contest. And it ranks highest in Puzzle. I think (Though 3D Logic 2 may be ahead of it)

Probably because greg is saving it for next week’s challenge (Here’s hoping!).

Flag Post

I think there are enough badges coming out as it is… Too much for me D:

Flag Post

idk it doesnt take much to obtain all the badges. the longer youre a member the easier it is to get baddges. i think. that or when u play a lot everyday things just cme easier. i have all the badges and wait day after day for new badges.

Flag Post

Probably because greg is saving it for next week’s challenge (Here’s hoping!).

if i was a betting man, that’s what i would bet on. besides, if you go to “level select,” you’ll notice a “kongregate badge mode” tab at the top.

Flag Post

Don’t steal greg’s job, dammit!

Flag Post

I think there are enough badges coming out as it is… Too much for me D:

there’s never enough badges, AAHHHH!!!! goes crazy

I like the idea of users being able to submit badges, or there being a team of non-kongstaff able to submit badges though.

Flag Post

I thought Greg’s job was to write updates on the community, make badges, oversee the community, keep an eye out for “future” moderators, consult developers for API issues regarding badges or getting them to incorporate it in their games, keep an eye out for bugs that he may see, and answer emails.

Maybe it’s just me but this might lighten up his work load, just a tiny bit, and although he might have a little more free time to do things that may have taken a backseat detour to left field.

Flag Post

seanm07 don’t ask for badges until you at least have 90% of them… you still got plenty to earn.

Flag Post

Yeah, but it won’t lighten the workload at ALL. Greg will go from making badges to the supervising of making badges. The badge makers, which requires extreme administrative rights, would probably ask for payment or quit. He would have to get all badges sent to him, or have floods of quickly added and removed impossible badges. He would, in short, have to check every badge made anyway for it working and all.

Plus, it would require giving other people administrative rights. You can’t well give direct badge making access without the ability to ban, read chatlogs, and manually give the badges, or at least it would be weird without it.

Flag Post

i think this is quite a bad idea as other people have said it would make his workload a lot bigger which it would. Also if you want a certain badge made just post it on one of the topics for badge ideas because greg looks at them as he has shown by replying to the forums on badge making

Flag Post

greg has also got a “real” life.. i think unless he is a robot any how thanks for comments people.

Flag Post

> greg has also got a “real” life.. i think unless he is a robot any how thanks for comments people.

Kongregate is his job .

I think it should have a “badge team”, but greg should publish just the badges he want.

Flag Post

We can’t have too much badges, and by the way… do you have all the badges?

Flag Post

You can’t really use that as an argument Momose because maybe people don’t like the game the badge is for. If there isn’t enough variety people will complain and leave, and we don’t want that now do we?

Flag Post

Too many badges is just as much of a problem as too few.

Flag Post

how about: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/978 ?

Members post badge game ideas and often images. Greg makes all kinds of promises in that thread to update badge images, but he has yet to do any of them (a subtle poke at greg) :P