Forums Kongregate

The problem with Kongpanions

8 posts

Flag Post

The (relatively) new Kongpanion feature is really underused, but I think I think it has a lot of untapped potential the staff are failing to notice.

1. Kongpanions look nice when viewed as images, but there’s nothing more to them. Every recent JMTB02 game features Kongpanions, and every time they just look… lifeless. Their lack of movement makes them seem like cardboard cut-outs. I’d say making them flash objects with some basic pre-made animations would make them much better. Even a little idle animation thrown in would make them more interesting and lively.

2. I’m afraid I speak for myself only here, but give the shiny versions some more work. While some people collect the shiny versions just because they’re rarer, I don’t really find much incentive to collect most of them. I think adding some minor differences (other than the crown, of course) would make them much more appealing.

TL;DR: Make Kongpanions some animations, make shinies look more special.

Flag Post

There ARE minor differences! Shiny versions not only get a crown, but they also get golden sparkles around them to show just how shiny they are. :D

If you have other input about Kongpanions, we’d appreciate it if you collected them here, so that we can keep everything organized.

Flag Post

Well, shiny ones get better stats in a few of mr. elephants games.

However, the primary incentive for collecting them is for the sake of collecting. I don’t think they really need much of a purpose beyond that.

Flag Post

I would say my main drive is definitely for collection’s sake. I want to have every shiny Kongpanion.

Flag Post

There are only two games so far that has special effects to whether the Kongpanion is a Shiny version or not. Those games are Curl Up and Fly! and Sandbox Hero. Shiny version has higher stats than the non-shiny.

Does anyone know more games that includes Kongpanions?

Nonetheless, these Kongpanions are adorable! I would buy them all of they were merchandise. -

Flag Post

Just sayin’.

Flag Post

lol IAmTheCandyman… My problem with the KongPanions is that, whenever I finish the badges ahead of time it never counts come the day when the badge is actually up.. (Eg: I get a badge for Depict1 on Wednesday. The badge however is up and available on Friday. When I look next to the badge they all have blue check marks confirming that I did them.. It aggravates me because I waste so much time and anger..)

Flag Post

If you’ve already earned a badge, you need to load the game again when it is the badge of the day in order to get badge of the day and Kongpanion credit. They aren’t awarded automatically just because you have the badge.