Forums Kongregate

Add more countries In Mobile Payment Method !

8 posts

Flag Post

Ok lets start it !
Guys I feel that It’s totally unfair with so many player of different countries that Can’t Buy kreds via mobile in their countires. I am from Pakistan and So Many Players from pak want to buy kreds but there is only available option of United Kindom phone Number :(
BTW I want to buy kreds to buy coins and cash in TDP4 I have alot of money and balance in my mobile and I don’t have credit card I am just 14 years old.
I hope you will do something for this problem !

Flag Post

Bump !

Flag Post

You don’t need to bump a thread after two hours. This isn’t like the chat rooms, where there’s instantly a reply.

Anyways, the reason that more countries aren’t added is because of the third party supplier that handles mobile payments. I don’t know specifically about this provider, but general practice is to take a flat fee and then a percentage cut of the transaction. It’d be kreds you’re buying, which Kongregate gives a cut to the developer as well. For countries with higher tax ratings (I don’t know what the threshold is), there’s too many hands taking too much for there to be anything left for Kongregate. With no profit (probably would operate at a loss) it doesn’t make sense to support those countries.

This is an unfortunate reality of business. Kongregate isn’t willing to have a few loss leaders for the sake of the users.

Flag Post

It’s not that we don’t want to have a few losses (though obviously if we can avoid losses, that’s a good thing). The countries that take taxes out of mobile purchasing also end up reducing the total number of Kreds that are paid out to the user, so the amount paid becomes FAR greater than the total number of Kreds we’re able to give for them. It’s a very unfair situation both for users AND for us, so we don’t think it’s at all a good choice to have. As always, if those laws change, we’ll be willing to reconsider.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator