Forums Kongregate

User Name Change?

16 posts

Flag Post

Is there any way to change your username? I have arthur97 for a long time now her on kong, but im already up to a new name, since quite some time too. If there is a way, pls tell me, because i want my new name here^^

Flag Post

Last time I asked, you couldn’t change your username.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jkoi:

Last time I asked, you couldn’t change your username.

They can change stuff. If they will is a completely different matter though.

Flag Post

Sooooo…..could a Admin or so look at this maybe? xD I think they can change it, because some people keep having forbidden names, and they get the chance to change it i think

Flag Post
Originally posted by arthur97:

Sooooo…..could a Admin or so look at this maybe? xD I think they can change it, because some people keep having forbidden names, and they get the chance to change it i think

Hi there! Community admin here. We only allow name changes if we determine a name is inappropriate or otherwise not ok for the site. Otherwise, all I’m able to do is provide capitalization changes and make you Arthur97 or ArThuR97 or something like that. :)

Flag Post

If someone’s account is banned because of the username, that account gets a profile shout (and email, if that feature is enabled) advising the owner to email support about a name change. We recognize that people often assume the internet is completely lawless, and then are startled to discover that Kongregate is different (or at least trying!). Some of the apologetic “uh, whoops, sorry about that” emails we get are really quite nice.

Flag Post

What about this?

Flag Post

So names got changed. And it even looks like Advocatus got one. A mod got one too. What about one sort of “Token” for every user, like discussed in the thread?

Flag Post

I didn’t get one.

Flag Post

Adv0’s is a capitalization change, not a name change. The system doesn’t care how you make capitals in a name. It sees SugarMonkey the same as sugarmonkey, SUGarmonkey, SugaRMOnkey, etc. It’s only the displayed name that changes and the core name is still the same.

Flag Post

Meh ._. Well, could i request a capital A then pls?^^ At least get some sort of style into my name^^

Flag Post

I just don’t understand, why pick the name you have now if you want to change it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 5upernova:

I just don’t understand, why pick the name you have now if you want to change it?

Availability of a username is a problem, as well as age (growing up, maturity, etc.).

Flag Post

Meh ._. Well, could i request a capital A then pls?^^ At least get some sort of style into my name^^

Your name isn’t so bad

Flag Post
Originally posted by 5upernova:

I have this name since almost 4 years, and im using a different one now. Thats why^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1brainless:

Your name isn’t so bad

Yeah, but i dont like the numbers in my name. No need to tell the world my age^^