Forums Kongregate

Should they get rid of kongpanions?

13 posts

Flag Post

As most of you must know that kongpanions are dying already. And you can’t even use them in anything, should kongregate bring back challenges and kongai cards? You can also buy kongai cards using kreds(bringing money to kongregate).

How do you feel about this?

Flag Post

Have you played Sandbox Hero? I’m pretty sure you can use your kongpanions in that game.

Flag Post

As most of you must know that kongpanions are dying already.

I didn’t know that. I doubt most people do. Has there been a decline in the amount of Kongpanions claimed in the past few weeks? Absolutely, but there’s also a significant portion of the community that’s in school and have exams right now.

And you can’t even use them in anything[…]

I beg to differ. Kongregate has released two games that have Kongpanion integration and I’m actually a collaborator on another. There’s not a lot of games with Kongpanion integration, but they exist.

[…]should kongregate bring back challenges and kongai cards?

No. The Kongai cards part was really haphazard and it was a pain in the ass for greg to have to figure out a weekly challenge in lieu of a Kongai card. Once the game was picked for the challenge, the prize and co-ordinating that with the applicable developer (not necessarily the same person) needed to be done, also. It took time away from what he was actually supposed to be doing – making badges.

You can also buy kongai cards using kreds(bringing money to kongregate).

I believe that’s already the case now, as it is.

I’m confident you’ve figured out my position on this issue by now.

Flag Post

I’m still unsure on your position.

Flag Post

Why play Kongai when there´s Rise of Mythos ? Best crack ever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by abraaz:

I’m still unsure on your position.

Top I disagree.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dias17se:

Why play Kongai when there´s Rise of Mythos ? Best crack ever.

That is imo the best card game on this site, if you pretend it’s not pay to win.

Flag Post

I went on a Kong Hiatus shortly before Kongpanions were introduced, so when I came back I’d already missed most of them, so Im not going to bother getting any anyway.

Wish I coulda’ nabbed a Shiny Kongbot though. :L
Whatever the case, nah don’t get rid of ’em, game devs will probably utilise them in their games more often which will hopefully boost their popularity.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BloodDrops:

Have you played Sandbox Hero? I’m pretty sure you can use your kongpanions in that game.

To be honest I don’t like sandbox hero.

They made a couple mistakes but I am too lazy to tell everybody what mistakes there are in sandbox hero.

Flag Post

>.<

I don’t like ‘em in Run 3.
They don’t fit like this.

Flag Post

Well I mean obviously they should get rid of a feature they spent time and money on planning and implementing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StOtS:

Well I mean obviously they should get rid of a feature they spent lots of time and money on planning and implementing.

That’s still quite new.

Flag Post

I feel compelled to point out that Kongai cards were available and earn-able in weekly challenges for something like a year before the Kongai game was actually on Kong. So for a year Kongai cards did absolutely nothing but serve as SWAG and a means of having a pissing contest. If you brought back Kongai cards I doubt it would increase user base of Kongai for any meaningful amount of time, so they would not serve much more purpose than the Kongpanions do today.

And Curl Up and Fly is a pretty fun game if you like launchers, imo.

-Pip