Forums Kongregate

Kongregate FTW!

29 posts

Flag Post

We’re nominated for the “Crunchies” award for best timesink – I couldn’t be more proud.

Winners are determined by who has the most votes! Vote vote vote! You can vote once per day:

http://vote.crunchies.techcrunch.com/category/view/timesink

We’re up against some good sites – College Humor, Duels, KDice and Pandora. But hey, we’re time-sinkier than them, right?

Flag Post

Sweet! I hope Kong wins…

Flag Post

Yep, I voted. I’ve never heard of any of the other sites listed, I guess that’s a good thing…

Flag Post

Yes. FTW indeed.

I’ll vote as many times as I can ;)

Flag Post

Whew, NG isn’t there luckily :P.

Flag Post

The new Monsters’ Den impossible badge should help us secure this thing!

Flag Post

@Sylicas, it’s supposed to be startups only, NG is too established. AND they don’t have impossible badges!

Flag Post

Go kong!

Flag Post

Yes, Sir! I’m voting right now! \o/
Go Kong, Go Kong, Go!

Flag Post

i voted 1 ^^, yay the devil wins lol

Flag Post

@stealthsilent Riiiiiiight. XD

Anyway, I’ve voted and I’ll get everyone I know to vote too! Also, on our page, how can they even consider Miniclip to be a rival to us, Miniclip are for primary schoolers.

Go Kongregate!

Flag Post

I’ve got good news and bad news.

The bad news is that I voted for Pandora. I’d have voted for Kong, but Pandora is a really nice service and very deserving of any of the support it gets, IMO (even if silly international laws mean that I can’t use the site anymore).

The good news is that I’ll vote for Kong when I can vote again. I would have voted for Kong hands down if a few of the other site features were more fleshed out (ie. the card game, the points system, etc), and while I’m sure they will be soon enough, I think Pandora beats Kong in terms of the overall package they offer (taking into account that both companies are still in the “startup” phase).

HA HA HA HA HO HO HO (the text from Stealthsilent’s screenshot)

Clearly you’ve been too much Monkey Island, or I haven’t been playing enough. To repent for my sins, I’ll augment your comment with one of my own:

GROG GROG GROG

(I’m sure somebody will get/appreciate that reference.)

Flag Post

Brucecorp, sometimes in life, you’ve gotta learn to just not be fair.

In other words, were going to break your legs. Sorry.

Flag Post

Go kongregate! vote everyday up to deadline people!

Flag Post

i voted again, devil still wins

Flag Post

I had to vote for Pandora. :)

Flag Post

this nice to see 3 thumbs up

Flag Post

I hope we win. 0.0

Is anyone else advertising for this?

Flag Post

Pandora can stay in HELL. Ok, ok, it’s not their problem, but FIX IT.

I’m happy of putting my vote on Kongregate.

And yes EP, I advertised it in Cocak… I really don’t know how many extra votes I got with it, though… :P

And I just noticed that it’s the same with Bruce. How do you vote something you can’t use?

Flag Post

I’m voting almost every day. :)

Flag Post

Voted for pandora SRY KONG! ill vote for you later.

Clearly you’ve been too much Monkey Island, or I haven’t been playing enough. To repent for my sins, I’ll augment your comment with one of my own:

It was more like I just wanted to spam that link in response and that came to mind. (the ho ho ho part wasn’t so much pirate lingo as it was santa’s catch phrase which seamed appropriate since it was the holidays)

Flag Post

Kongregate is better than a time sink in my opinion, lets push for “Best site social site of ’08” next year M’kay?

Wh

Flag Post

If you wanna listen to music you want go to Dizzler(www.dizzler.com)

Then you can forget Pandora and vote for Kongregate.

Flag Post

Yes yes we all know pandora is awesome… but come on. Have you “wasted” more time just listening to music on pandora or earning cards/badges, chatting and posting on kong? Sure I may have pandora on as I’m on kong… but Kong is by far the superior time sink.

edit: this dizzler thing rocks. I’m not sure how long it will last before the RIAA takes it down but rad site and neat idea of how to try and make it seem legal :P

Flag Post
Yes yes we all know pandora is awesome… but come on. Have you “wasted” more time just listening to music on pandora or earning cards/badges, chatting and posting on kong? Sure I may have pandora on as I’m on kong… but Kong is by far the superior time sink.

Alas, I consider my time used earning cards, consciously choosing not to purposefully earn badges, and chatting/making posts on the forums to be time well spent… yep, time well spent…

Ah, who am I kidding. All I have to do to prove you right is look at this post I’m typing and ask “why?!”, hehe.

Brucecorp, sometimes in life, you’ve gotta learn to just not be fair.

In other words, were going to break your legs. Sorry.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea. Can anybody say “insurance scam”? Couple it with a lawsuit against my attacker(s), and I’m golden!

;)

Kongregate.com: the -time sink- website that takes, gives, demands that you vote for them in the Crunchies, and then -pays out Bruce millions in insurance/lawsuits- gives some more!. =)