Forums Kongregate

Least Earned Impossible Badges - New Stats!

285 posts

Flag Post
Max Mesiria - 1206
Tarnation - 1323
Frantic - 1761
M.A.D. - 1780
Super Stacker 2 - 1836
colourPod2 - 1919
Balloon Invasion - 2179
Warlords: Heroes - 2286
Cell Warfare - 2364
Fold - 2506
Zunderfury - 2582
Meat Boy Map Pack - 2589
Orbular - 2598
Hexiom - 2603
Pyro - 2733
Sonny 2 - 2945
Vector Runner - 2948
Mechanical Commando - 3075
Dino Run - 3465
99 Bricks - 4482
Gravitee - 5002
SCGMD3 - 5431
Line Game - 5909
Streamline - 8120
Amorphous+ - 8159
Monster's Den - 8654
DTD 1.5 - 8763
SCGMD2 - 9432
Dolphin Olympics 2 - 10810
The Necronomicon - 13751
Pandemic 2 - 13823
Meat Boy - 16210

And some hard to earn Hard badges off the top of my head: Papa's Pizzeria - 4886 and 3327
Dinowaurs - 3397
Bot Arena 3 - 5036
Kongai - 5528
Wooden Path - 6373
(what a shocker that the 2 server-side games have very low number of users with badges!) Didn't check out most earned badges... but I noticed the Super Stacker 2 easy badge has over 200,000 (maybe 250k) people who have it. So there are definitely some badges with TONS of people who have them. -Tass

Flag Post

Formatting is your friend, Tass!

Very interesting, though!

Most interesting stat to me: The difference in difficulty between Meat Boy and Meat Boy (map pack)!

Flag Post

Woo! My one and only impossible badge is the least earned on the site. How cool!

Thanks for doing this, it’s really cool!

Flag Post

Lots of interesting statistics. The difference between the two Papa’s Pizzeria badges is insane, while they’re so close to each other. Bot Arena 3 (the challenges, I presume?) is out for so long, that I had expected much more people to have it. Meat Boy was expected, since that impossible really is just the easiest one. I’m also happy to see most of the impossibles I don’t have are on the top of the list (especially Max Mesiria and Tarnation). I’m surprised at MAD, though, that little? I’m honestly not bragging when I say I thought that one was easy.

Flag Post

Pretty interesting stuff. I’ll definitely be following these numbers. I guess you guys really weren’t kidding about the Meat Boy impossible being too easy!

It’s interesting that A Simple Favor has more people with the hard badge than the second medium one. I’m guessing this has to do with the availability of guides more than anything — the hard badge is definitely more difficult if you’re trying to figure it all out yourself, in my opinion. Or maybe the fact that the first medium and hard can be earned in a single play, while the second medium requires a second play…

Flag Post

Lots of interesting statistics. The difference between the two Papa’s Pizzeria badges is insane, while they’re so close to each other.

Haha I wouldn’t say they are so close…..getting that second hard was half the journey :P

Now I don’t feel bad that Wooden path is one of those hards I never managed to get..(well until I have LOTS of free time..) It also quite nicely shows, which impossibles truly are the hardest :) (as people said before max mesiria is in reality the toughest with Tarnation) .

I’m surprised so few compared to other impossible badges have Cell warfare and fold while more have the zunderfury badge :o I always thought zunderfury was the toughest reflex wise especially tougher than cell warfare. Even surprised in regards to Frantic being tougher than zunderfury..

Flag Post

I’m really surprised Max Mesiria impossible is the least earned there. It’s 95% walkthrough-able with a walkthrough available on these very forums.

Another surprise for me is Super Stacker 2.

Flag Post

agreed zaraki… i find frantic to be one of the easiest imps on the site. i can probably get that badge 9/10 runs on the game. i also find super stacker 2 imp to be very easy, but then again, the reqs for that badge were my idea.

some of the numbers seem odd to me, while most seem spot on for what i’d expect in relation to each other. i had no idea at all as to the actual numbers, and i’m still not sure whether to be surprised at how low or high the numbers are. i want to think that 1000+ people with each imp is high, because a few of them are INSANELY hard… while i also see them as being low because of cheaters/hackers.

definitely still want to see lists of how many users have all imps and/or all badges in general. and i’d love to see these types of statistics displayed by kongregate and updated on a 24 hour basis (or less, whatever)… so, once again, this all comes back to my leaderboard statistics thread. heh.

Flag Post

Really explodingferret? I really think it requires skill of improvising not to mention lots of patience as you’ll need to be quite lucky to get it in your first 3 attempts. That’s the reason even before max mesiria was seen as the top 3 hardest impossibles on the site. I also think this number shows many people who are never involved with the community yet may get impossibles without any walkthroughs so it’s quite plausible that number may reflect that.

I’m surprised with Super Stacker 2 a bit, not too much though, since it does have lots of content and some times may seem ridiculous. Like I said many of these impossible badges may have been earned by people that really don’t care for walkthroughs, and earn them with just their own skill.

Flag Post

Haha I wouldn’t say they are so close…..getting that second hard was half the journey :P

Really? I perfected every customer throughout my run (no burned pizzas), so I didn’t have to wait much longer until the second hard.

I’m really surprised Max Mesiria impossible is the least earned there. It’s 95% walkthrough-able with a walkthrough available on these very forums.

I found one walkthrough, the rest was just random notes. Tried it myself at first, didn’t work out at all, tried a walkthrough and failed at level 5. I mean, come on, why do they have to give creatures 15 HP while you can do 14-X damage? That screws up your entire run.

definitely still want to see lists of how many users have all imps and/or all badges in general.

It’d still fail to keep out the hackers or those who share their account with everyone just to get badges.

Flag Post

Really? I perfected every customer throughout my run (no burned pizzas), so I didn’t have to wait much longer until the second hard.

I had 6 days in a row….with only gold customers….joy ._.

I found one walkthrough, the rest was just random notes. Tried it myself at first, didn’t work out at all, tried a walkthrough and failed at level 5. I mean, come on, why do they have to give creatures 15 HP while you can do 14-X damage? That screws up your entire run.

I agree. Lots of luck factor for this badge and lots of improvising if you screw up in higher battles.

Lots of the list can be imbalanced due to the many hackers. The biggest imbalance I see is the obvious how older badges have more people getting it than newer ones, while it should make such a giant difference without the hacker factor put in(mostly as assumption)

Flag Post

I’m surprised at cell warfare, colourpod2, maybe MAD. Kind of max mesiria too but I don’t think it’s the difficulty turning people off though (it’s not very hard, there’s a good very comprehensive walkthrough in these forums where you have something like a 75% chance of winning). I’d guess Tarnation’s probably the one with the highest proportion of hacked badges.

Flag Post

I can’t believe more people have the SCGMD2 than the Streamline one o_o

Flag Post

Well I guess you can be right phooltk although the RPG genre is usually popular on kong. I checked and only about 12,500 people even got the medium badge. I still think many were intimated, since you have many chances to fail along that 50 wave battle mode many times even with a good walkthrough.

Fusha that’s mainly due to people having playing that game more than streamline.

Flag Post

SCGMD : savefile-able. Streamline : not.

I’m suspecting that Zunderfury has more people earned than many others with the same reason. And this should more of a push for me to get DTD 1.5 imp lol

Flag Post

Wow. Thats cool.

Flag Post

Yeah, I have the Dinowaurs hard badge, in my opinion it was pretty easy.

Flag Post

I’m surprised about the Tarnation impossible. Also, the Meat Boy/Meat Boy Map Pack difference is quite stunning as well

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snape007:

I’m surprised about the Tarnation impossible. Also, the meatboy/meatboymappack difference is quite stunning as well

Meatboy MP is way harder then the origional, or at least I thought so.

Flag Post

To say a hard badge that surprised me, is the one in Boxhead: The Zombie Wars. Only 2,744 awarded. Pretty hard badge, I think.

Flag Post

These are some cool stats. I’d be interested to see the most earned badges too :D

Hmm… my four impossibles are all in the top 8 easiest. Should keep working away at the Dolphin Olympics and Amorphous+ badges :D

Flag Post

How did you get those numbers?

Flag Post

Really interesting stats. I’m uber surprised at how low cell warfare and fold are

Flag Post

Some of this is length of time/ability to make progress. If you mess up on Frantic or Super Stacker 2, you basically have to start over again, and people are impatient and easily frustrated.

Also, more recently released badges will generally be a bit lower than earlier badges, simply because there’s been more time to play the games (although at some point, you get to where people don’t play games because they’re on page 37 on the listed badges.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:

How did you get those numbers?

Latest update: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/43541
- Added a new feature that allows you to see how many people have earned each badge. Now you can know how truly awesome you are for having sat through the entire Balloon Invasion impossible badge (screenshot below).