Forums Kongregate

Mods look here

23 posts

Flag Post

hi um sorry if im annoying you all but if u have the time O wonderous ones could you post some tips to help people(including me:P) become mods but not obvious ones like e.g be good help people and u will instantly becom a mod becouse u dont want lots and lots of mods talking so if u could please reply to this topic.(byez lolz)

Flag Post

I think ’don’t make threads like this’ is pretty close to the top of the list.

Flag Post

Yep, Greg has realized that over-eager mods tend to be the strict mods they don’t really want at this site, so he doesn’t pick the people who ask about becoming a mod to ever be a mod in most cases. The fact you made it your second post doesn’t help your case o being an active person, and neither does obviously trying to get on their good side with compliments (O wonderous ones).

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help

=]

Flag Post

1) Don’t actively try to become a mod, make threads about it, or campaign for it.

2) Don’t over-flatter the mods.

3) Learn to use the site, including being able to find pages like the one mentioned above.

4) Display maturity, especially in your typing since thats what others here know you by. Using terrible long run on sentences, terrible grammar, heavy internet slang, etc (e.g. ‘u guys’, ‘uh well uh i er have to go’, ‘bye lolz’) doesn’t really give the impression of a mature person, but more of a spaz, or a kid, or a goof. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, you are free to do what you want and you should – but its a different story when qualifying for a moderator position. This is not saying you’re typing skills must be awesome, just that the reflection it gives should generally be intelligent and mature.

Generally, someone who qualifies for moderation responsibilities doesn’t need a tip list or other direction on what to do. If you need to be told how to act, that usually means you’re probably not cut out for the responsibility for the moment.

Flag Post

Arcane, I’ve been looking for something like that to tell everyone that asks me that question… Maybe I’ll just copy and paste? XD

Flag Post

Feel free ;)

Disclaimer: just my opinion, not a guide :)

Flag Post

Does that go for admins too?

If so…….. oops.

Flag Post

1) Don’t actively try to become a mod, make threads about it, or campaign for it.
3) Learn to use the site, including being able to find pages like the one mentioned above.
4) Display maturity,

man I do all that

Flag Post

I tried to do 3) once except there was a broken link. I think I got 5 points for it too :O

Flag Post

One time I got 100 points instead of 50 by simply refreshing the page… I sent in a request that they take away to 50 points but they never did. BTW, we probably blow our chances of being mod just by posting in this thread.

Flag Post

That means I can’t be my longlife dream of being a moderator? cries

man I do all that

How about Number 4?

Flag Post

I should certainly hope so!

Flag Post

TehLegend, say it ain’t so! Crap, I really wanted to become a mod, but since I posted in here… nuts. There go my chances out the window.

:)

Flag Post

well we all try to but it may not work since it is random

Flag Post

i want to be a mod

3) Learn to use the site, including being able to find pages like the one mentioned above

4) Display maturity, especially in your typing since thats what others here know you by. Using terrible long run on sentences, terrible grammar, heavy internet slang, etc (e.g. ‘u guys’, ‘uh well uh i er have to go’, ‘bye lolz’) doesn’t really give the impression of a mature person, but more of a spaz, or a kid, or a goof. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, you are free to do what you want and you should – but its a different story when qualifying for a moderator position. This is not saying you’re typing skills must be awesome, just that the reflection it gives should generally be intelligent and mature.

Generally, someone who qualifies for moderation responsibilities doesn’t need a tip list or other direction on what to do. If you need to be told how to act, that usually means you’re probably not cut out for the responsibility for the moment.

Hey, you said feel free ;)

Flag Post

yeah

Flag Post

Coolboy is probably crying right now. You kindaa overkilled everyone.

Flag Post

no I believe there isn’t a time when you can over kill some one when your dead you can not become deader

Flag Post

I beg to differ. Compare an ant getting squished by a shoe to by a tank :/

Flag Post

but your still not deader your just dead..when your dead your dead

Flag Post

obviously you’ve never see the redeadening…

Flag Post

well thats a diffrent story its not deader it just means the body was once dead but no was and then became dead again