Forums Kongregate

I'm new here, and...

22 posts

Flag Post

I recently got all perfects on Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2 on Not Doppler. Can I get the badges for that here or do I have to do the whole thing again?

Flag Post

you can send them a screen shot and i think they would give you it

Flag Post

Like this?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/sparxienekoyasha/0119082043.jpg

EDIT: Included is my spiffy I R DELHI tag. I use it a lot xD

EDIT2: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/sparxienekoyasha/0119082102.jpg

See?

Flag Post

That should work ;)

Flag Post

Sweet. Now…one question.

…Who do I send it to? xD

Flag Post

feedback@kongregate.com, but since I’ve seen this thread I’ll go ahead and award them.

Sorry about the troubles!

Flag Post

wait so if we don’t earn the badge on kongregate, but have it on another site you will give it to us?

Flag Post

Ooh, yay, danke :3

No no, no trouble at all, really :3 Once you’ve managed the perfect once it’s not too hard to get it a second time. Well, except for Run’n’Gun xD That song’s easy to mess up on, maaaannnn!

Flag Post

Oh, whoops, didn’t realize it was another site. Oh well, you get this one as a freebie anyway. But normally, yeah, you should do it again.

Flag Post

Oh. Okie :3 I’ll keep that in mind! Thanks again! :D

Flag Post

Completely changing the topic but it still goes with I’m new here, when it comes to cards i just got the claw one, can you only get one card a week?

Flag Post

And one more thing with the forums is there hyperlinks in you profile page (or any other) to forum pages you are watching?

Flag Post

Yeah they release one card challenge every thursday. Also apparently there’ll be a system in the future for new people to get old cards, but I’m not sure how that will work yet.

Also welcome to Kongregate etc.

edit: the watch page function hasn’t worked for as long as I can remember

Flag Post

you get this one as a freebie

I wanna freebie :(
j/k :D

Flag Post

o.o ..so someone with pro editing skills can just edit a screenshot so they can get some badge for free?

Flag Post

o.o ..so someone with pro editing skills can just edit a screenshot so they can get some badge for free?

As the Kongregate Staff employee who awards the vast majority of badges and cards, I take this very seriously so I might as well address it right here.

We operate a free website, and and although I love our community and our users — none of you are technically customers. However, I feel like we should treat each of you as though you are full paying customers for a real pay-to-play service, because I think providing you guys with the best experience possible will help make and keep Kongregate the best site on the web for games. I think most people who have exchanged emails with me would agree!

With that said, have people attempted to manipulate our promise to award any bugged or broken badge on the site by presenting fraudulent screenshots? Yes.

Some of them may have even gotten away with it once or twice. However, there are indicators on a screenshot, that are only apparent when you’re looking for them (as we do when awarding cards/badges) that help us identify potential fakes. And it’s not too hard to figure out a pattern. The punishment for attempting to manipulate us to get free badges on the site is two fold:

1) Your account will be banned and any cards/badges you’ve earned up ’til now will be gone for good.

2) You will actually be hurting the site that provided you the badges to earn in the first place. There’s only so much time in the day, and investigating fraudulent emails takes some of it away that could otherwise be spent making more badges, planning new features, or tracking down critical bugs like the one that hit the Campaign Game last week.

So as long as you understand all of that, and if your goal in life is really just to increase the work load of us here at Kong, then we’ll be here waiting to ban you. Otherwise, please only send us emails for badges if you really, truly, experienced a bug or network issue.

Cheers :-P

Flag Post

Great speech, Mike!

You were the first one I met here on kong and you always did your job with excellence.

Users should never mislead, in order to maintain a community’s health.

Flag Post

your are all noobs

Flag Post

All noobs?

Rightttt

Flag Post

I think most people who have exchanged emails with me would agree!

Yes, I definitely do. I’ve exchanged several e-mails with you over time and your service has always been quick, effective, and professional. Thanks a lot.

Flag Post

Now, one question I want to ask… If you are on a trip, and get the badges (obv you aren’t connected) can you take a screenshot and send it in? I mean, and get the badges credited…

Flag Post

I try to design challenges/achievements with as many “safety nets” as possible. Part of this includes encouraging developers to report stats often, and to report stats that players have already achieved (stored in their save file). In the case of Guitar Maniac, information stored in your saved account is reported pretty frequently, even if you’re not accomplishing anything new. What this means is that if you’re having connection troubles or you don’t have an account yet, you should be able to come back later, log in, and automatically receive any badges that you’ve achieved in that game.

Keep in mind that this only works if you’ve earned the badge on Kongregate, and I’m only talking about Guitar Maniac specifically, though I try to design badges this way as often as possible.